Astoria Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Astoria Bank Interview Questions

2.7

Telephone Banking Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Astoria Bank (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Human resource reached out. A discussion about the position and it's description was talked over. Also hours and price was mention durring the call. An appointment was made to have a face to face interview.

Transaction Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Astoria Bank (Lake Success, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through company bulletin board. I contacted the hr and they reviewed the resume and set me up with a interview date. HR was confirming the dates and time with my supervisor. Interview was about 30 mins and asked general questions about the previous work and whats the goal. Offered me the job after an hour.

Interview Questions

• How do you go along with coworker ?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Interview

Phone screening, aptitude test at head office followed by interview and if selected 18days of paid training.
    Training is a little tricky you need to pass the training period in matter to get the job and placement.
    No pass no job.

Bm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Astoria Bank (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Good first two interviews, went very well. General questions. what you have done. what you can do.
    Got a phone call from Recruiters who put me in touch with HR, Met with District Manager Interviewed for an Hour.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Astoria Bank (Lake Success, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Go in to the corporate office on Long Island and wait in the lobby. Prior to the interview you just complete a test to see if you could handle the math and money involved in being a teller. Afterwards meet one on one with an HR rep and get asked pretty standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the idea of trying to get a referral from every customer you meet?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Astoria Bank (Lake Success, NY).

Interview

I was initially interviewed by a recruiter from HR. He asked my a series of questions to better understand me, my past experiences with sales and customer service. At the end of the interview he informed me that I would be a good fit for the Teller position but would have to wait until a part time position in my area would need a Teller.

Two weeks later I was called regarding a position in a near by town. I was interviewed by the Branch Manager and the Supervisor. They asked me about my past experiences with sales and customer service. They did not tell me right away that I secured the position.

Later that day I was called by my recruiter and was informed that I secured the position. The person from HR told me to attend the next orientation, which was held on Monday.

During orientation I learned more about Astoria and was informed of my training site.

Interview Questions

• All the questions regarding the Teller position will be about your past sales, customer service and cash handling experiences. You are expected to have outstanding customer service skills, you are expected to be sales driven and competitive, and have past cash handling experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations were eligible for me. If you have a lot of experience they may offer you a higher annual salary.

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Astoria Bank (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone screening, and one on one interview. Be prepared to talk sell them something on the spot. '
    Describe a situation where you went above and beyone for one of your cusotmers. What sets up apart from other qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kew Gardens, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Astoria Bank (Kew Gardens, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Received a call to go to it's headquarters in long island to interview with the HR recruiter. Had to take a simple math exam which I think was 30 mins timed. Met with the HR recruiter, she basically reviewed my resume with me and explained the position. This bank is a sales based bank, the most important thing to them is making sales. The HR recruiter had to perform a credit check on me before setting me up on an interview with the branch manager. She then set me up to have an interview with the branch manager and assistant manager. When I met with the branch manager and assistant manager they asked me the same old interview questions tell me a little about yourself, what were your job duties at your last employer, she then started asking me all these ridiculous behavioral questions about what to do in this type of situation, and if your co worker didn't know what she was doing what would you do etc. She then also explained to me that this bank is all about sales, that's the most important thing to them, and it doesn't go by the quantity of accounts you open it all matters by how much revenue u bring into the bank ridiculous because that branch was dead. She then made it seem as if I had the job because she started asking me personal questions which also had to do with performing this job. She also started going on and on about her previous job working for another company and I was pretty much thinking to myself okay lady your not with that company anymore.

Supervisor, Loan Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Astoria Bank (Jericho, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

The first step is a phone interview with an HR representative, then you will meet with the department manager, this interview was about an hour long and I felt very comfortable speaking with the manager. During the interview with the manager I scheduled an interview to meet with the First Vice President of the department but because the interview went so well, the manager had me meet with him the same day. They were very personable and easy to talk to. After meeting with the First Vice President of the department I received a phone call giving me an offer.

Interview Questions

• They would like to know about your history in the industry. How many years in the industry. Your work history is very important. What you can offer as a team player.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received a phone call and email with an offer, I took a day or two (2) to think about it. I responded to the email with a counter offer and the company responded back within 1-2 days. The outcome was very favorable.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Astoria Bank (Lake Success, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter who had my resume. Wondered if the bank knew what they really were looking for. Felt a bit uneasy about the entire process. The company did not appear to be very marketing oriented, more like it was trying to compete on the basis of having multiple locations than on the basis of a brand identity or other product differentiation.