Athleta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Athleta (Beachwood, OH) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very casual. The interviewer and I walked around the mall and then sat outside of the store in a quieter area to talk. She introduced herself to me and told me about the company’s history and vision. It was really more like talking to a friend about a company we were both passionate about rather than an interview!

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Petaluma, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Athleta (East Petaluma, CA).

Interview

I went through the door and greeted the receptionist. I was told the person i was to meet was going to be late and someone else was to meet me. After waiting for 10mins, the designer took me into the office. Everyone was friendly and nice. I meet around 7 people in two groups. After that someone saw me out,and I went on my way. 2 weeks later I had to contact them to find out the results.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

First interview, was a very nice meeting with the Store Manager. This took us around 1 hour. He was very professional and warm person. Second interview, was over the phone. Took around 15 minutes, and was directly with HR.

Interview Questions

• Both interviews were not complicated at all.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Athleta (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

My first interview was over the phone with the DM and was a general overview of what they were looking for and determining why I would like to work for Athleta. My second interview was in-person at the store with the GM and went more in-depth regarding procedures, people skills, team-building, etc. My last interview was also over the phone and, since the role I was interviewing for is largely visual merchandising-based, was with the RVM. This one was less an interview and more a conversation about inspirations, thought process, and personal style, to make sure I had an understanding of the needs of that specific store.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Athleta in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online and received a call to set up an initial interview with the store manager. After having a short interview (~15 minutes where the manager spoke about herself mainly) she said she loves my personality and wants to set up a formal interview on a date with the DM and herself. She said I would hear back from her since her by a certain date because her DM was out of town, however on that date I never heard back. Upon calling the store, the store manager had been out of town since the interview and wasn't going to be back in time for the tentative date she had said. Overall, it seems like this company has an extreme lack of communication.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Athleta (Portland, OR).

Interview

The interview overall was a positive experience. I enjoyed meeting the store's management team, interacting in the store with the team, and I enjoyed the thoughtful questions that were asked of me. I found the questions to be focused on past behaviors.

Interview Questions

• About coaching and development of my past employees   1 Answer

Associate Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Athleta (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Initial interview is with HR for a phone screen. If you pass the phone interview you are passed on for a second interview face-to-face with the District Manager. The process is quick and streamlined.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Athleta (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

took too long and went through 4 people and 10 days after before hired. Recruiter was great and prompt but other levels of leadership were late, did not call and or had to rearrange my times.

Textile Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Athleta.

Interview

Corresponded via email to arrange a call after I had been selected. Had a group video call on skype to discuss the job position, former experiences, why I wanted to work there, office culture.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Athleta.

Interview

Applied for LinkedIn posting and was contacted by recruiter. Went through interviews with recruiter, another GM, and two DMs. Generally informal, conversational interviews--one DM actually spoke more than I did. Overall great experience, enjoyed learning about the company and was really struck by each person's authenticity and passion for the brand. The process took about a month and I was contacted when another candidate was hired and asked to stay in touch for future openings.

Interview Questions

• How would you lead your store in community involvement?   Answer Question
    • What role does fitness play in your life? What activities do you like to do to stay fit?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Athleta in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a couple of days. They were towards the end of the interview process and trying to fill the position quickly, so they scheduled me for an interview right away. I had an interview with a recruiter the next day and one with the area manager a couple days later. They called me soon after to offer me the position. It was a very smooth process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Athleta?
      What does "power to the she" mean to you?
      What kind of activities do you like to do?   Answer Question