Atos-Syntel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Atos-Syntel

2.7

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Atos-Syntel (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview process took weeks. They passed me through 3 recruiters till I actually spoke to someone from the company. Very relaxed feel but one management and getting back to us wasn’t very good.

Interview Questions

• Would I stay with the company long term?   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Atos-Syntel in July 2018.

Interview

There are three round interviews
    1. Phone interview( introduce yourself, experience details, introduce the company)
    2. Assessment about analytical, quantitative and technical questions, 60 minutes for 3 sections, 75questions
    3. Zoom interview about OOPs, SDLC, simple coding questions

Interview Questions

• 1st round
      Questions about experience
      2nd round
      Analytical, quantitative and technical questions
      3rd round
      Basic concepts of OOPs, SQL and SDLC   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Atos-Syntel.

Interview

Was a pretty easy process - Had initial contact from a recruiter who asked if I would be interested. From there I had what should have been an interview over zoom, but ended up being just a phone call. Thick accent, but managed to get through it, and then was given an offer about a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atos-Syntel (Boston, MA) in August 2018.

Interview

I was a recent CS graduate looking for full time employment at the time of my interview. Their representative was very friendly and helpful during the phone screen. However, you and I are both too good for a position here.

Here are the main points:
    - Ignore whatever buzzwords like "software" or "developing" they throw in to get your interest. The position is a full-time consultant.
    - For recent graduates in their program, the salary is $50K, non-negotiable and no guarantee of a raise or career growth. This is well below industry standard and very low for a full time position in the Boston area. It was explained at the in-person interview that constantly going "above and beyond" is the only way to get a raise, but it is still not guaranteed, even if you spend all year staying extra hours or going the extra mile.
    - I botched many of the technical interview questions and still got an offer to get on board with their program. Though I appreciate it, it demonstrates that they don't value their consultant hires and just want to funnel kids into their company and make money. Most of the time in software, you can't get any questions completely wrong at the interview (I've heard this from a variety of people in the field, and learned this since).
    - There is no room for career growth. They want to integrate you as a consultant, you won't ever move up to manager, just look at the other reviews. No matter how hard you try, you're dispensable.

Bottom line: if you just got a technical degree, you are worth more than $50K a year in the Boston area. I recommend you keep reviewing your course material and wait for a better offer unless absolutely necessary!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Atos-Syntel (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. They called me and sent an email to set up a phone interview which was easy non-technical. She explained that the Philly position I applied to wasn't actually open and gave me some other location options, and I agreed to apply to Phoenix. Then they sent me a 75min timed programming assessment which was somewhat tricky in that I don't know, and didn't claim to know, some of the languages and things they asked, and some typos were distracting and made questions ambiguous. Five days later they said I had passed the assessment (must have a low bar for passing) and they wanted to do a Skype technical interview. I studied the questions reported here, and it was easy. The interviewer wasn't technical and seemed to be reading a script. I didn't hear back after that until a MONTH later "reminding" me that everything went well with my interview and they were just waiting for positions to open up... Why were they advertising for positions they didn't have open?

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn. A couple of days later I had a brief non-technical phone interview outlining the hiring process. I was sent a link for an online technical/computational assessment to be completed within 24 hrs. I wasn't too bad though I would review SAT-type math. Next came a technical interview a week later. Again, not too bad.

Interview Questions

• When does a class require an equals method to be written?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Atos-Syntel in May 2014.

Interview

It was a phone interview a week after recruiter called me. It took about 30 minutes and questions are not hard. Some basic java programming questions, and design patterns.

Interview Questions

• Question about java term : finalize   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Atos-Syntel in November 2013.

Interview

Had a total of three rounds, two technical and one HR, all of them were telephonic. First technical was only to clarify the experience mentioned in resume, second technical was more specific technical questions related Java, Programming, Maven, Design patterns, and previous project experience. HR Round had more basic questions like previous experience and reason for looking for new opportunities. Overall the interview process was petty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What significant are Design patterns to any J2EE application   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atos-Syntel in April 2018.

Interview

Had a screen interview over the phone after applying online. Emailed back and forth between me and the assistant manager to schedule the technical interview. I originally scheduled the interview for Tuesday, but she didn't see the email and we had to schedule it for Thursday. When Thursday came along, I didn't get the Skype interview or a call so I emailed the manager again. She told me that the interviewer was busy and asked if I can do the interview at 5:30pm instead of 5pm. I emailed her back saying it was okay, but the same thing happened again when 5:40pm came along. I get an email the next morning saying the interviewer couldn't do the interview on Thursday and if I can do the interview today(Friday) at 5pm instead. I didn't even bother replying. It was a complete waste of time

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Atos-Syntel (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

Three phone calls
    1. HR called in first and gathered basic information
    2. Technical staff called in the next day with the below listed interview questions
    3. Manager called in to enquire about other aspects of technology that i knew

Interview Questions

• - Basics about Java, struts and sprint
      - what is a class, interface, function?   Answer Question