Auction.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

2.5

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Auction.com (Irvine, CA).

Interview

(1) Apply online (2) recruiter follows up and does the usual phone screen and interviews are scheduled (3) went through 3 rounds of interviews one-on-one. The interviews went great, very easy was more of a back and forth conversation rather than question and answer. The only problems I had with the recruiter. The recruiter could not follow up on a timely manner, the lack of action to move the process along was frustrating. Very passive in my opinion and in my experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auction.com (Belmont, CA).

Interview

I was referred by a 3rd party recruiter. There was a phone interview and then on-site a couple weeks later. It wasn't that hard if you have work experience. Not much algo back then, but they probably do have now.

Interview Questions

• More practical questions like JavaScript and work experience.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Auction.com.

Interview

A recruiter reaches out to you, then sets up an interview, usually with multiple managers. My experience was still a one-on-one interview, about 20 minutes with each interviewer. They offer water, and have an online application process, which is quick and painless. They have a few different buildings around Irvine/Newport Beach for their corporate offices.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions are asked. They may focus on your computer skills depending on what role in which you're interviewing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation process was pretty smooth. Auction.com pays well on average. Negotiation will depend on your experience and education.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Auction.com (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter from California calls out of the blue and asks if I want to interview so I assume my skill set matches. I agree and set up the interview. I looked at the reviews of current employees online and they were horrible but I thought maybe these guys were trying to improve so I went ahead with the interview. They are currently changing their name to Ten-X. This is an effort to cover their tracks from all the bad reviews they have. I felt very personable in the interview with them. They seemed very closed and did not want to give me too much information in the interview, like they were hiding something. I had an almost instant distrust. Both hiring managers had only been at their jobs less than 1 year.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about my current job experiences and my current yearly income.   1 Answer

Just received a call from someone in California yesterday informing me of the decline. They said they were looking for inside sales experience. I have over 8 years sales experience in the Real Estate industry. It seems to me they don't really know what they are looking for.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auction.com (Belmont, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter. had a phone interview and an onsite a week later. The next day after the onsite interview, the recruiter called me for the feedbacks.

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Auction.com.

Interview

1 phone interview with the recruiter. The recruiter kept on pushing for my salary even though I repeatedly told her that I was not comfortable giving out that information and that is confidential personal information.

She told me that "in her 15 years of experience being a recruiter, no one ever didn't tell her salary" (I call that BS). In my 15 interviews, none of the other recruiter that persistently asked for salary and threatened to not move the interview forward without that information, esp on the FIRST phone screening.

She told me that she didn't want to waste anyone's time unless the salary range made sense even though I repeatedly told her I will look at anything market value with the entire opportunity and work culture. She said she "doesn't know what market value is" with my experience. To me, that's just a big red flag the company doesn't think it can pay candidates fairly.

Interview Questions

• How much do you expect for your salary?   1 Answer

Commercial Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Auction.com (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call after a couple of emails, the lady i talked to was very nice and seemed to be interested. when i finally got the phone call i told her that i was still in school and was not graduating until december, then she started to get a little less interested and told me we should keep in contact, which has been the hardest thing to do since then

Interview Questions

• asked about when i was graduating and if i could relocate   1 Answer

A/P Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Auction.com (Belmont, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Friendly, and easy. I was interviewed by the AP Supervisor and one of the AP employees. They asked questions relevant to the position, my experience and background. They asked questions about myself. They didn't make you feel like you were being grilled like most companies do.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Auction.com (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by their HR with inital phone screen. Did a second round phone interview with in house techncial recruiter , very positive. Never heard back. I followed up with an email, still no response. A month later a different in house recruiter contacted me. I responded, and got no response. I contacted the original hr person, she said she would follow up and let me know what was going on. A week later, no response. I emailed her back, still no response. That's quite rude.

Application

Interview

Very friendly and relaxed process. They really wanted to know how I overcame some objections and challenges more than anything, and of course they wanted to make sure I knew how to sell...The management is very down to earth, they just want to see that you have some back bone and are confident in what you're bringing to the table

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a very difficult situation you went through and how did you handle it?   Answer Question