Audible Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Audible Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2017

3.2

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Audible.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. One call with the recruiter, followed by phone interview. If phone interview is followed by an in-person interview. Everyone I interviewed with was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had you use your technical skills to solve and issue on your own?   Answer Question

Senior HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Audible (Newark, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screens were held with the recruiter and hiring manager, which provided great insight into the role. Then two on-site visits were scheduled with the HR team and Senior Client.

Interview Questions

• Several behavioral interview questions on a variety of topics. Interviewers also spent time getting to know me and sharing their experiences at the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Audible (Newark, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

Standard Phone interview followed by Onsite.

During the onsite, out of 5 interviewers, there was one interviewer (Indian descent, Senior Software Engineer) who behaved borderline unprofessional and condescending in his demeanour throughout the interview.

Audible -

When a candidate is thinking out loud, you don't look into a solution you have prepared on your laptop and go condescendingly, berserk in mediocre English.
     I almost felt like leaving their office in the midway of this interview due to this attitude, however kept my calm.

Apart from this one bad apple, all others were professional. I would not join this firm even I was offered a role.

Interview Questions

• Two design rounds discussing system design and object oriented design
      One behavioral round
      Two algorithms / data structures round (My rude interviewer was part of this one)   Answer Question

Senior Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Newark, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Audible (East Newark, NY).

Interview

Overall good format with simulation and group interviews. Questions related to previous experience related to product management and customer experience. Quick human resource recruiter review followed by leadership interviews. Half a day session.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you failed at a task and how did it impact metrics?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Audible.

Interview

They sent an online coding challenge through email. I finished it on time then was told failed days later through email although I thought I got the correct answer, did not know their standard.

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Audible.

Interview

I interviewed with a few different managers and their interest in my technology skills on my resume lead me to believe that they'd be useful (spent most of the interview discussing it). When I showed up to my first day of work, I found out that all I would be doing was making sure the audio and the text lined up at three different points throughout the book. If it didn't line up, I didn't even have to fix it, just document it.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if another employee were not doing their job?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Audible (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Got an email from recruiter inquiring if I was still interested. We scheduled some time for preliminary chat. Then he scheduled 1st interview with hiring director. I met with director over the phone. He asked me some standard Amazon questions (disagreement with manager and how it was dealt) and ask me several things about the position I currently have at another company.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about how I managed conflicting priorities and projects. He mentioned it was an Amazon question.   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Audible (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview Process was neither smooth or bumpy
    Ther Interviewer phone got disconnected twice; Interviewer set expectation that they need a Developer and QA for a QA position

Why did the recuirter scheduled a interview for development position with QA experirence and why did the Developer took the QA resoruces interview

Interview Questions

• 1) Write the test case for a program with to find the most characters   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Audible (Newark, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

First, phone interview with HR, Portfolio review, hiring manager phone interview, then 5-hour-onsite interview with five employees. You will need to present the instruction you designed at the end of the interview in front of 5 interviewers and HR.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are all aligned with their principle here.
      https://www.amazon.jobs/principles   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Audible (Newark, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

I was referred to this company and the hr called me to talk about their company and the hiring process. First we need to take a phone interview, it is technical one including algorithm, data structure and OOP. Then we need to take an onsite interview and this is probably the final round.

I have another offer.