Audible Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

3.2

Software Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Audible (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview Process was neither smooth or bumpy
    Ther Interviewer phone got disconnected twice; Interviewer set expectation that they need a Developer and QA for a QA position

Why did the recuirter scheduled a interview for development position with QA experirence and why did the Developer took the QA resoruces interview

Interview Questions

• 1) Write the test case for a program with to find the most characters   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Audible (Newark, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

First, phone interview with HR, Portfolio review, hiring manager phone interview, then 5-hour-onsite interview with five employees. You will need to present the instruction you designed at the end of the interview in front of 5 interviewers and HR.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are all aligned with their principle here.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Audible (Newark, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

I was referred to this company and the hr called me to talk about their company and the hiring process. First we need to take a phone interview, it is technical one including algorithm, data structure and OOP. Then we need to take an onsite interview and this is probably the final round.

I have another offer.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Audible (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, and the recruiter scheduled me for a phone interview with some senior software engineer. I was asked to code in a shared platform where I could write could and the interviewer could see it while talking on a phone. Programming/algorithms questions were asked. I thought I did well but didn't get any further in the hiring process. The interviewer was not so friendly, he never tried to make me comfortable and never gave any hint or whatsoever. He was not so polite as well.

Interview Questions

• given a matrix, you can move right or down only and cost of each move is 1. Find an optimal way to reach to right-bottom from top-left of the matrix.   1 Answer
    • Find the intersection of two linked lists. What if lists contain duplicates.?
      Merge two unsorted linked lists into one sorted linkedlist.
      Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Audible (Newark, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

An employee referred me and I got a call from the recruiter within few days. A technical screen was setup where the interviewer asked me one coding question and we discussed my implementation. Within a couple of days I got the result and was asked to pick a date for on-site interview at the Newark HQ. In the on-site interview I had 5 rounds, 2 coding rounds conducted by software engineers, 1 behavioral round with senior manager, 1 system design round by hiring manager and 1 more technical behavioral by a senior manager from another team. Overall process was very smooth. The recruiter did all she could to help me through the entire process. Got the offer letter within 2 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an instance when you worked on several layers of the system to improve the overall functionality.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Audible.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from HR within 2 days. Interview process began with HR screening asking some basic fundamental Java questions. After the screening, HR set up an phone tech interview. The phone tech interview wasn't that great, interviewer called couple minutes late without adding the lost minutes to the phone interview. Questions weren't that hard but nerves got the best of me.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Audible (New York, NY).

Interview

Telephonic interview scheduled via recruiter. Called me in time it was technical interview for 1hr. I was asked only two questions. One is problem oriented need to implement on collabledit. Interviewer was trying to give different test cases so I may able to
    find solution but I tried my level best to implement. Waiting for there response towards further interview process.

Interview Questions

• BST with different test cases which returns tree is BST or not. ?

Given array of 4 values,we need to add the two consecutive numbers so that it gives different combinations of values with there sums we nee d to pop out the smallest value among those combinations?
      1 Answer

Technical Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Audible.

Interview

I applied online, got an email from a recruiter- had a phone screen with her followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager and then 4 onsite interviews. Everything was well set up and organized, I didn't have to wait when I arrived- they were ready for me. I thought I really clicked with the hiring manager and 2 other interviewers, one interviewer I just didn't hit it off with. As much as it would have been nice to get an offer, after my 'practice run' commuting for the interview, I decided I wouldn't have wanted to commute to Newark daily.

Interview Questions

• Everything was behavioral based, 'describe a time when' type questions. A little frustrating because many just didn't apply. Some people are just pleasant and easygoing, and don't have disagreements with managers and peers to handle/overcome, or all of the obstacles typically in behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Hadley, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Audible (South Hadley, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

2 in person interviews 40 minutes long. Mostly technical but a few behavioral questions. The questions were not very hard but tricky. One interviewer only asked technical questions about linked list whereas the other one asked a few behavioral questions and then a string manipulation question. Both of them were very friendly.

An Editorial-Type Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Audible (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Extremely long and grueling. If you pass the initial phone screening, which isn't too lengthy, then the in-person interview is two-and-a-half hours long, and you'll meet with four or five different people, which in my opinion is excessive. There are a lot of dumb canned questions from a list. For instance, there are usually some questions designed around the Amazon "disagree and commit" principle, so that you can demonstrate that you have backbone, which they prefer. In theory, this is fine, but in practice I strongly suspect that this warps the culture of Amazon and all of its subsidiaries like Audible. It seems very likely that occasionally people are disagreeing in meetings just so they can prove they've "disagreed and committed" so that they have fodder for their next interview to advance up the ladder. Also: shy people, beware. There are some departments where you'd better be able to demonstrate some verbal sparring skills and talkative qualities in the interview even if the position doesn't call for that. Sometimes certain management shows clear bias in favor of chatty types while the quiet people get blackballed, even when that's not relevant to the role. (That said, all of this can be worth the effort. The job itself is not like the interview process in most cases.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with your supervisor and how you handled that. (You may also get several variations on this question, some of which are bizarrely not much different than this, to the point where I wondered if they were testing me with a trick question to see if I'd "disagree and commit" about the interview question and point out that another panel member already asked me a slight variation on that. Come on, let's not make candidates feel like they're in a psychological experiment.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, I was not able to negotiate, but it was a very good offer