Austin ISD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Austin ISD Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.8

Cafeteria Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Austin ISD.

Interview

I only had to interview with once, but there were three people asking questions. I also had to show I could figure out the math to convert a recipe to larger serving sizes.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have with recipe preparation?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time I handled a disagreement between two employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can't negotiate the base hourly amount, but you can get it increased by acquiring and providing proof about your previous years of experience.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had one in-person interview with the team. Very friendly, explained the job and then focused on my experience. Both, the supervisor and team members asked questions, then I had a chance to ask questions about the job. To the point and not overly complicated.

Interview Questions

• What was the most important thing you learned as part of your PMP certification?   1 Answer

Cafeteria Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin ISD.

Interview

Submit your application, if you meet the criteria then they call you in for a math and equipment test. If you pass that you are called in for an interview. It is a fairly straightforward one on one interview. You meet with one of the supervisors and they describe the job and ask you questions pertaining to it. If selected, you will begin as a manager trainee where you work with a seasoned manager and take classes.

Interview Questions

• You take a math test first, mainly conversions. Interview questions asked mainly apply to the job. They describe what you will be doing and then ask how your experience can best be served in that position. How do you deal with employee problems? Do you work well with children?   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin ISD.

Interview

Process was easy. Applied through online district system, received notification by email to start formal interview process. Attended required training/orientation that was very informative. Some expected waiting for a mandatory background check to clear and processing of documents through the district office. Started work within a month of application.

Interview Questions

• They asked me, "When can you start substituting?"   2 Answers

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job around July 10, 2015. Principal called me to schedule an interview on July 21. I interviewed 2 days after that and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for another job?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin ISD in June 2015.

Interview

It was a panel of 3 people. They each asked questions while each one wrote down response. They were looking for someone that was bilingual which was not stated when I applied. Asked me questions in spanish and expected me to answer back in spanish when I already told them I did not speak spanish.

Art Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Austin ISD.

Interview

I was approached by the former principle to interview for the position. I thought about it for a couple of days and responded. The next I had an interview. It took about 2 hours and I expressed my appreciation for her interest. I was later told that I would be traveling to another school. I did not expect that at all.

Interview Questions

• I was questioned on my knowledge of ceramics. I gave the a copy of my resume which stated that I was a ceramics studio major. The questioning continued about the process and techniques of working with clay. I answered them all but felt a little awkward considering my major was ceramics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation period at all
    I would recommend that before you take a job, ask about weather or not there will be any traveling involved.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin ISD.

Interview

Took 2 years to get an interview, phone calls from HR, then phone calls from the principals to set up interview. I went on several interviews before being offered a job. They want experience bilingual teachers.

Negotiation

na

Food Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD in July 2014.

Interview

Take a basic test, then interview. Everyone was nice and open to your thoughts. Asked basic food labor cost questions and they have a great trainee program that you can get into if you dont have prior management experience. It is a year long if you pass the basic test. The test is over food cup sizes, managerial way of handling things.

Interview Questions

• Why this industry?
      What do you know about inventory/food costs?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation they dont have a big budget and you dont get paid much.

Special Education Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, called in for a round table interview with 4-5 other people, including principal of school, teachers and administrators. Interview was comfortable and easy they asked basic questions about interacting with students.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions pertaining to special education students specifically   Answer Question