Austin ISD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Austin ISD Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2017

2.8

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Austin ISD.

Interview

At a job fair offered a contract. Later, a principal sent an e-mail for an interview. After the interview, Human Resources calls to offer a position. You get an
    envelope and you need to sign paperwork and send it back as soon as possible.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was brief but informative. but you have to wait for a call from HR downtown to get the offer from them, not the principal. It was a long process to get all of my certifications and transcripts in.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work with students with Special Needs?   1 Answer

Student Teaching Program Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD in June 2017.

Interview

About a month after I applied, I was scheduled for an interview. There were three people on the committee. When I arrived I was given a PowerPoint that I was asked about during the interview.

Cafeteria Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Austin ISD.

Interview

I only had to interview with once, but there were three people asking questions. I also had to show I could figure out the math to convert a recipe to larger serving sizes.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have with recipe preparation?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time I handled a disagreement between two employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can't negotiate the base hourly amount, but you can get it increased by acquiring and providing proof about your previous years of experience.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had one in-person interview with the team. Very friendly, explained the job and then focused on my experience. Both, the supervisor and team members asked questions, then I had a chance to ask questions about the job. To the point and not overly complicated.

Interview Questions

• What was the most important thing you learned as part of your PMP certification?   1 Answer

AVID Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very friendly with thorough questions and an overall excellent experience. The first part of the interview was a phone screening, followed by a one on one interview, and the last part was group session with prospective hires.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my High School education.   1 Answer
    • They asked about my previous work experience.   1 Answer

Cafeteria Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin ISD.

Interview

Submit your application, if you meet the criteria then they call you in for a math and equipment test. If you pass that you are called in for an interview. It is a fairly straightforward one on one interview. You meet with one of the supervisors and they describe the job and ask you questions pertaining to it. If selected, you will begin as a manager trainee where you work with a seasoned manager and take classes.

Interview Questions

• You take a math test first, mainly conversions. Interview questions asked mainly apply to the job. They describe what you will be doing and then ask how your experience can best be served in that position. How do you deal with employee problems? Do you work well with children?   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin ISD.

Interview

Process was easy. Applied through online district system, received notification by email to start formal interview process. Attended required training/orientation that was very informative. Some expected waiting for a mandatory background check to clear and processing of documents through the district office. Started work within a month of application.

Interview Questions

• They asked me, "When can you start substituting?"   2 Answers

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job around July 10, 2015. Principal called me to schedule an interview on July 21. I interviewed 2 days after that and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for another job?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin ISD in June 2015.

Interview

It was a panel of 3 people. They each asked questions while each one wrote down response. They were looking for someone that was bilingual which was not stated when I applied. Asked me questions in spanish and expected me to answer back in spanish when I already told them I did not speak spanish.