Austin ISD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was brief but informative. but you have to wait for a call from HR downtown to get the offer from them, not the principal. It was a long process to get all of my certifications and transcripts in.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work with students with Special Needs?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin ISD in June 2015.

Interview

It was a panel of 3 people. They each asked questions while each one wrote down response. They were looking for someone that was bilingual which was not stated when I applied. Asked me questions in spanish and expected me to answer back in spanish when I already told them I did not speak spanish.

Art Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Austin ISD.

Interview

I was approached by the former principle to interview for the position. I thought about it for a couple of days and responded. The next I had an interview. It took about 2 hours and I expressed my appreciation for her interest. I was later told that I would be traveling to another school. I did not expect that at all.

Interview Questions

• I was questioned on my knowledge of ceramics. I gave the a copy of my resume which stated that I was a ceramics studio major. The questioning continued about the process and techniques of working with clay. I answered them all but felt a little awkward considering my major was ceramics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation period at all
    I would recommend that before you take a job, ask about weather or not there will be any traveling involved.

Mental Health Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

I was living out of state, as I had not re-located to Texas yet and they were kind enough to conduct a Skype interview. They had a panel of 4 people.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by the school principal first. The principal asked me come in for an in-person interview. After she thought I could be the best fit for the position. The principal have the whole special education department teachers interview me.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a particular challenging behavior of children with disabilities?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Austin ISD.

Interview

At a job fair offered a contract. Later, a principal sent an e-mail for an interview. After the interview, Human Resources calls to offer a position. You get an
    envelope and you need to sign paperwork and send it back as soon as possible.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD in March 2014.

Interview

Standard questions you would expect applying for a teaching position. The first school I interviewed with and worked at, based their questions on experience. The second school I was hired at based their questions on how I could specifically work with their special populations.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I had several administrators and the department chair in my interview. Everyone was very friendly and seemed passionate about the workplace and what they had to offer. I felt very comfortable with them right away. I knew it would be a good fit based on the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what a normal day in your classroom would typically look like.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

meet the principal, another admin and the department chair of that department. hopefully you've been subbing and have been in that school before. If possible do some subbing and get in touch with the dept. chair - have them on your side, express interest and make yourself visible at the school you want. Interview with other teachers and admins is pretty chill, at least in Austin ISD. Dress professional and go in with some example lessons on paper so you can pass them out along with a few paper copies of your resume.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Austin ISD (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job around July 10, 2015. Principal called me to schedule an interview on July 21. I interviewed 2 days after that and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for another job?   1 Answer