AutoNation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 183 of over 183 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at AutoNation

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pinellas Park, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoNation (Pinellas Park, FL) in Feb 2021

Interview

Hands down the most comfortable interview I have ever been in. Everyone in the interview was engaged. And eager to welcome me aboard. I feel I will do extremely well with this company.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to leave your current company?
    1 Answer

AutoNation

Application

I interviewed at AutoNation

Interview

It was good and upfront they asked some pretty good questions and answered all my questions, they where upfront about everything . over all experience is good but they could control the appointments more.

Interview Questions
  • what was my previous experience.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AutoNation (Phoenix, AZ) in Apr 2021

Interview

Walked into the dealership and asked for an interview. Spoke with one sales manager in person that Friday. The following Monday I called and was able to schedule interviews with the other management staff and GM that same afternoon. I was subjected to a background screen, mvr screen, and 4 panel drug test which did not include thc. This process took until Friday and all was clear the following business day. I will start Monday. Overall very pleased with the interview and selection process!

Interview Questions
  • The interview process was pretty standard. Discussion focused around my prior sales experience, personal development, culture and vision at autonation and at the specific dealership I will be working at.

AutoNation

Application

I interviewed at AutoNation

Interview

It was a good experience. I enjoyed going over my past life and where I’m trying to go from now. We both asked about our lives, accomplishments, and goals for the future .

Interview Questions
  • How long have you been into detailing?

AutoNation

Application

I interviewed at AutoNation

Interview

Prototypical job interview with a focus, of course, on sales. Managers were friendly, but at the end of the day you will be working horrific hours. Weigh your options, please.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoNation (Tampa, FL) in Mar 2021

Interview

Applied to multiple position considering I have a MBA. Was rejected for Sales Manager role but was called by GM for Finance & Insurance Manager role. Traveled 30 minutes to location, only to wait 15 minutes after scheduled interview time. Walked in and had a great back and fourth conversation with GM. He than explained the Finance school just finished and he had no idea when the next one started.......ok. And that I should apply right now for an Internet Sales Associate role until the class starts....suspicious. Immediately the HR coordinator for Autonation sends me employment paperwork for the Internet Sales Associate role. However, not included was the F&I position paperwork or any documentation of going to this Finance school. So it was the classic bait and switch tactics employers use these days.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

AutoNation

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AutoNation

Interview

The interview was with all of the sales managers. Their requirements were exactly as the job stated, and they needed to know that I was a good, normal person. It was fairly natural and cordial.

Interview Questions
  • Do you know how to drive a manual?

AutoNation

Application

I interviewed at AutoNation

Interview

A recruiting company who was very persistent said I had good qualifications for this job. I get to interview with first round of the company and doesn't let me ask any questions. I end up finding out, after the interview that she thought I didn't have enough experience. Why interview me in the first place if you can tell by my resume?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoNation (Austell, GA) in Feb 2021

Interview

Interview process was very pleasant. I was interviewed by the service manager & he was very knowledgeable about the position and it's details. Interview was very informative & had a more relaxed atmosphere. He did not ask the "typical" interview type questions, we had more of a flowing conversation and allowed me to ask questions before we wrapped up.

Interview Questions
  • -What I believed my strengths and weaknesses were? -What my responsibilities currently were

AutoNation

Application

I interviewed at AutoNation

Interview

Very straightforward and simple, you will know if they want to hire you basically day of. They are very courteous however you will interview with a hiring team and not a rep from the store you will work at.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 183 Interviews