AutoNation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoNation (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied on website. Took about a week to hear back, another week for scheduled interview. Interview was really a simple, no pressure interview. Mostly just conversation on my background and the interviewers experience.

Interview Questions

AutoNation Response

Dec 10, 2018 – AutoNation HR Group

We're happy to hear you had a positive interviewing experience. Thank you for this review!

Assistant Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoNation (Sanford, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online and submitted resume was in next week for interview and hired immediately .

Negotiation

No negotiation base salary plus commision

Software Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoNation.

Interview

45 minute phone interview was difficult with very specific questions concerning very specific technologies. Answered very technical questions early on for 30 minutes of questions being fired by two architects. Thought I was doing fairly well when at the end of the interview I did not possess experience with one of the specific javascript libraries they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Angular javascript library?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoNation (Bellevue, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online, within a few days the Controller called to schedule a phone interview. Then, a in-person interview with the Accounting Manager and Controller. They did a background check and hired with a 3 week process.

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest accomplishments? What would your goals? How long do you see yourself here?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AutoNation in October 2015.

Interview

The GM was very friendly. Sat you in his office. Told me how much money I would make. Made tons of promises he could not keep. Introduced me to service managers. Took me on tour of facilities. Had me take some tests. All very easy and simple process

Internet Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoNation (Cerritos, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Met with the sales management team and general manager. Spoke at length about my personality, desire and ability to have success in the automotive sales industry. Overall a very pleasant and relaxed interview. After meeting with each of the sales management team they let you go and the next step is simply waiting for a call regarding their decision to hire you.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to sell cars?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AutoNation.

Interview

Spoke over the phone. Was asked basic questions about previous work and experience with computers. They wanted to make sure I was able to communicate well and use Microsoft office.

IT Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoNation (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume, received brief call, was brought in for person to person. Met with eleven people over two hours. I answered all their questions as honestly as I could and received great feedback... then got strung along for six weeks. Don't waste your time here.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict?   1 Answer

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoNation in November 2014.

Interview

Saw add on indeed and applied. Next morning I went to the store and introduced myself. Was asked what my salary expectations were and when I said 60k, he said you can earn that if you're good.

Negotiation

there was none

Anonymous Employee in Lithia Springs, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AutoNation (Lithia Springs, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview was brief with two separate interviews, the second including the General Manager. The hiring manager had been with the dealership 3 years which was why I considered returning after leaving this location 9 years ago.

Interview Questions

• General outline of my abilities.   1 Answer

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AutoNation in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a day or so later to schedule an interview. Interview was a few days later. It was a typical interview, until I was asked illegal and inappropriate questions. And the job description was changed to something completely different than what I had applied for.
    A few days after the interview I received a phone call asking when I could start. No information on salary, or the position itself (remember it changed during the interview), the hours (they are open longer hours and Saturdays, not a 9-5 job). After asking for that information, and informed that the salary would not be sufficient, she asked what would be, I gave her a number, she said she would see what they could do and she would get back to me. I called her back a few hours later to thank her for the opportunity, but I needed to let her know it was not going to work out. I was inundated the next few days with phone calls and emails informing me I needed to schedule drug testing. Apparently, they just assumed I would accept the position.

Interview Questions

• How many kids I had and if I was having any more, where I am originally from. Basically questions that had nothing to do with the actual job that I was applying for.   1 Answer