AutoNation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AutoNation

2.2

Parts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westmont, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AutoNation (Westmont, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

Met with the department manager. She was very informative as far as expectations etc. and then waited to meet her boss. Smooth hiring process. Well organized company as far as benefits etc. Also submitted my resume online.

Interview Questions

AutoNation Response

Jun 1, 2020 – AutoNation Talent Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are happy to have you on the AutoNation team.

Sales Associaate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoNation (Union City, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

Very detailed and smooth, managers introduce there self explained expectations and was clear cut and how things worked. Makers explain led program and future plans for the store. Very prompt with proceeding to the step of hire.

Interview Questions

AutoNation Response

Jan 6, 2020 – AutoNation Talent Ambassador

Thank you for this review of our interview process. We're happy to hear it was a smooth experience, and are happy to welcome you to the AutoNation team!

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Sat down with several managers and spoke to them for a short time, they described the position and let me know their expectations going forward. They gave me an offer the same day and sent me on my way to the background check.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to work over 40 hours a week in a competitive workplace?   Answer Question

Sep 23, 2019 – AutoNation Talent Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with us. We're happy to hear it was a smooth experience and are excited to welcome you to our sales team!

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoNation (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2019.

Interview

Expect to wait for a little bit after arriving for interview.
    Met with 3 different managers for each interview I had at 2 different automation dealerships. Explained my solid experience with providing 5 star customer service (I worked at a 5 star establishment in past). I had NO relevant retail experience so I really sold myself by talking more about customer service and how I resolved issues and approached situations while remaining composed at that other job. They seemed to value this customer service attribute WAY more than having experience. I laughed a lot and was very friendly. I interviewed at 2 Autonation dealerships and when doing this I was offered job on the spot at both locations.

Interview Questions

AutoNation Response

Nov 4, 2019 – AutoNation Talent Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your interviewing experience with us. Welcome to the AutoNation team!

Collision Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoNation (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2019.

Interview

One on one very casual interview. Was asked a few questions about previous experience. They requested information about my skill set and customer service. They provided information on the job and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience?   1 Answer

Jun 3, 2019 – AutoNation Talent Ambassador

We appreciate you taking the time to review our interview process. Best of luck as you begin your new position at AutoNation!

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AutoNation (Plano, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

I meet my employee referral (a sales manager), we connected on previous experience in the industry. Spoke with another sales manager who was promoted a few months prior and we spoke about the work ethic needed to become successful and l spoke with the general manager of the dealership to review what I discussed with the managers and what requirements would be of me to work at his location.

Interview Questions

• Why should we select you to be apart of our team when you left the industry before?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses as a working professional?   Answer Question
    • What attributes can you bring to a already successful team?   Answer Question
    • What’s your motivation for changing careers?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where adversity strikes and how you were able to overcome that circumstance?   Answer Question

Jun 3, 2019 – AutoNation Talent Ambassador

Thank you for this feedback on our interview process! We're happy to welcome you on our team.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AutoNation.

Interview

I interviewed with the general manager. My interview lasted about 30 minutes. They asked me.questions about my experience. I took the job as soon as the gave me a chance. I enjoy working for them

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate?   1 Answer

Jan 7, 2019 – AutoNation Talent Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Congratulations on your new career at AutoNation, and we hope you have many more wonderful years to come!

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AutoNation (Spokane, WA) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied online and the process took about 1+ week. They reached out via email and scheduled a virtual interview.
    I signed on to the virtual interview early, waited 15 minutes for them to join, and they never showed up. I double checked the login information and it was all correct. They plainly stood me up. Two days later I received an apology letter from them, which was a plus, and then about 5 minutes later an autogenerated email letting me know that my application was rejected.
    The process was disorganized and disappointing. I hope they're able to coach their interviewers and update their recruiting platforms.

Feb 11, 2019 – AutoNation Talent Ambassador

Thank you for this valuable feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you found your experience unorganized, as we strive to create an efficient interview process for all candidates. We will keep this in mind moving forward.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoNation (Saint Petersburg, FL) in October 2018.

Interview

2 interviews very in-depth allowed questions . Showed interest said they would get back to me very professional. Did not totally understand the commission. Looks good so far. One on one was good

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Nov 17, 2018 – AutoNation HR Group

We're happy to hear you had a positive experience! We invite you to reach out to us if we can help clarify any doubts around the commission model, and hope you are enjoying your time at AutoNation.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AutoNation (Orlando, FL) in September 2018.

Interview

1st round: Set up call with recruiter
    2nd: Set up call with marketing managers
    3rd: Brought in for in person interview

Interview was scheduled quickly and I met with 3 members of the marketing team. A lot of the questions were generic and based on past experiences

Interview Questions

• What about marketing do you most like?   1 Answer

Dec 3, 2018 – AutoNation HR Group

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're glad to hear it was a positive interview experience, and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.