AutoNation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AutoNation Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.1

E-Commerce Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoNation.

Interview

Easy no pressure at all. Every detail about job is discussed. Pay schedule and bonuses broken down individually. Basic interview questions asking about prior customwr service experience and sales. Did not accept position due to scheduling conflicts

IT Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoNation (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume, received brief call, was brought in for person to person. Met with eleven people over two hours. I answered all their questions as honestly as I could and received great feedback... then got strung along for six weeks. Don't waste your time here.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AutoNation.

Interview

Spoke over the phone. Was asked basic questions about previous work and experience with computers. They wanted to make sure I was able to communicate well and use Microsoft office.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoNation in February 2017.

Interview

Was a pretty simple interview. It's a three step process and if you get through all the stages you will most likely leave with a job offer. As long as you're a personable person, you should have no problem with the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AutoNation (Corpus Christi, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was very easy nothing to complicated. I had two interviews with two different sales managers and it looked like they made up their mind the first time they heard what I had to offer. They get right to the point of what the salary is and what your job is to do

Interview Questions

• What is the best asset you can bring to this company   1 Answer
    • If I had any previous sales experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Interview

Phone interview. 5 minute maximun. The interviewer didnt sound interested in what I was saying. I asked questions about the company and he dodged questions and said we will discuss things further in training.

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoNation (Weston, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was given an appointment for 4:30 pm. Didn't speak to a manager until 6:30-7 PM. Interview was very straightforward, the hiring manager did most of the talking, explaining what a wonderful place it will be to work and succeed for me. After that I role played selling a car to two other managers. Completed a drug screening and was told I got the job and I could leave. Around 8:30 PM.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, are you comfortable with technology, something I'd improve about myself   Answer Question

Sales Associate – ECommerce/Phone Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AutoNation (Weston, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a huge hiring event. If you can breathe, you have the job. Questions were extremely basic, they did most of the talking. Most people showed up in jeans and a t-shirt to this event and they walked out with jobs.

Interview Questions

• Why work for a company like AutoNation?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?   1 Answer

Shared Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AutoNation (Columbus, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Initially applied online and rec'd a callback from the female hiring person (Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/RAM) in a short amount of time. Interviewed in person but I was told a decision wouldn't be made until after the new year. After following up with her, she would tell me that she would need to call me back (for whatever reason) on a specific day ("tomorrow" or "Monday") but she would never call me back. I had to call her back (to reiterate my interest in the company and position) and she would bring me back in for more face-to-face meetings even though the initial interview went extremely well. Each and every time, I was told "...I want you on my team...we can't pass you up...you'd be a great addition..." but she would never make the decision and offer me the job on the spot. Again, I would be told "...let me do a couple things and call you back..." or "...let me tell my boss what I'm going to do and I'll call you back..." but she'd never call me back. It took me calling her every single time. I left 1 final voicemail (6 weeks from the initial interview), asking her to call me but I have yet to hear from her. She showed a serious lack of professionalism and couth by stringing me along; she probably should not be in a position to conduct interviews for the organization because who knows how many great candidates they will lose out on (including me).

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AutoNation.

Interview

If can breathe you are hired. Interviews are basically a formality to fill out paperwork, will hire anyone. Don't just apply online and wait, if actually want this job apply online then just go in and talk to a manager so can move slow hiring process forward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Will lie to you about pay plan, but won't figure it out till after 2-months of training salary.