KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

65% Recommend to a Friend
79% Approve of CEO

Found 1,624 of over 2K reviews

3.7
AutoNation CEO Mike Manley (no image)
Mike Manley

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The pay is good and I loved working with the customers(in 85 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good(in 80 reviews)
  • "About the only pro I have is the people I work with are great people.(in 70 reviews)
  • "Good training but they dont put in practice what you learned.(in 61 reviews)
  • "Good money and a lot of inventory(in 38 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of AutoNation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Sales

Oct 5, 2021 - Sales Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company with benefits, work ethics, growth opportunity.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say I had a great experience.

AutoNation Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. We are glad you love AutoNation as much as we do!

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great

Aug 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A good place to work

Cons

There are no cons for here

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Content, but want more challenge

Aug 15, 2022 - Executive Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work with others who share the same drive, passion & intellect. New challenges, problem solving and continual learning opportunities. Building relationships with the teams I work with.

Cons

Onboarding process. Not everyone is hybrid. This position does not provide an annual bonus.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Friendly Place

Aug 11, 2022 - Finance Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and leadership, GM has open door policy.

Cons

Heavy schedule, scheduled hours are not honored. You must ask for permission to leave regardless of set schedule. Lack in the training department.

AutoNation Human Resources

We're happy to hear about your experience at AutoNation as a finance manager! We want our employees to enjoy where they work, and have heeded your concerns regarding scheduling and training. At AutoNation, we work to empower our associates with the resources and training needed for success and will keep this feedback in mind moving forward. Thank you for your review!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Aug 9, 2022 - Parts Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Autonation has been one of, if not, the best places I've worked so far. Management is involved, communicative, and treats their workers very well. Everyone in my department has been super helpful with my onboarding, and we're given free lunches on Saturdays if you work. I'm really happy for the opportunity so far, and look forward to my future with the company.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind for me.

AutoNation Human Resources

Nothing makes us happier than hearing positive things from our Associates. Thank you for this review!

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

I liked it

Aug 8, 2022 - Commercial Card Administrator
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of hours and room for growth

Cons

Too many workers in one spot and that leads to a lot of attitudes

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good place to start

Aug 6, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good insurance, decent retirement contributions, fair vehicle purchase prices for associates.

Cons

Corporate company is going to have short comings. Surveys, training, etc.

AutoNation Human Resources

Congratulations on your career at AutoNation! We hope you have many more wonderful years to come.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Not horrible

Aug 7, 2022 - Service Technician in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are fairly cool there.

Cons

No A/C the shop, seriously.

AutoNation Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback – it’s very important to us and the work we do to make AutoNation a better place to work. We will keep your comments in mind regarding A/C in the shop and appreciate you leaving a review!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Porter

Aug 5, 2022 - Porter in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy and everyone is nice

Cons

Long hours and lots of walking

AutoNation Human Resources

We’re happy to hear about your experience with AutoNation! Thank you for taking the time to review our company.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Decent Entry Level Sales Role

Aug 5, 2022 - Car Salesman in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

entry level, commissions, learning opportunity

Cons

numbers driven, sales quotas, long hours

AutoNation Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback – it’s very important to us and the work we do to make AutoNation a better place to work. At AutoNation, we work to empower our associates with the resources and training needed for success. This includes strong management that invests in its team and coaches them. Thank you for taking the time to review our company!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,624 Reviews
</>Embed

AutoNation Reviews FAQs

AutoNation has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,659 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at AutoNation to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, AutoNation employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at AutoNation. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

65% of AutoNation employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AutoNation 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at AutoNation to be coworkers, benefits, career development and the cons to be culture, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with AutoNation Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at AutoNation? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

8 days ago

Careers
Top 3 Reasons to Join AutoNation as a Sales Associate: 1. 30+ brands to better serve your Customers. The result? More choices for them- and more sales for you. 2. Comprehensive training. The best blend of online, in-store and classroom training to cover the entire auto sales process. 3. Advancement opportunities. You can accelerate your sales career from Sales Associate to Sales Manager to General Manager in a matter of time – earning a considerable income along the way. Start your application online today to join our Sales team!
Shared image - AutoNation Careers
AutoNation Careers
jobs.autonation.com

48 days ago

Culture
Join us in welcoming our summer interns to our Corporate Headquarters! We’re thrilled to include these young professionals as part of our team this summer. How lucky are we to have them with us?
Shared image

AutoNation photo of: Lexus Service Advisor
AutoNation photo of: Collision Concierge
AutoNation photo of: Collision Technician
AutoNation photo of: Collision Estimator

Glassdoor has 1,659 AutoNation reviews submitted anonymously by AutoNation employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if AutoNation is right for you.