Found 1,923 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Working as a salesman is easy and the pay is good" (in 105 reviews)
- "Benefits are good" (in 86 reviews)
- "About the only pro I have is the people I work with are great people." (in 79 reviews)
- "Great Opportunity to make a lot of money and have fun if you are willing to work hard and follow the great training!" (in 56 reviews)
- "It's alright money is good" (in 52 reviews)
- "long hours and lots of downtime if you don’t know how to keep yourself busy" (in 118 reviews)
- "Management at my store was poor." (in 115 reviews)
- "Store level managers have very little authority." (in 65 reviews)
- "Low pay and long hours" (in 56 reviews)
- "There were some very capable managers in place that knew their jobs and how to do them, but received no support or guidance from upper management, which caused stress and dissatisfaction with their jobs and they all ended up leaving even though we all loved our team." (in 26 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of AutoNation and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Aug 8, 2023Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAustin, TX
You can earn your own paycheck and work as much or as little as you please without feeling micromanaged.
Weekly time required to work at the dealership ranges from 50-65 hours. Work extends into the later half of the night often. No sales equates to no paycheck. High turnover rate, but if you can sell you'll earn over 100,000k commission pretty easily.AutoNation Response2mo
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on our Sales team. Our Sales Associates are the backbone of this company. We appreciate the time and work that you put in here at AutoNation. We are constantly looking to our Associates to help us create a better employee experience, and truly appreciate your feedback.
- 3.0Sep 28, 2023Automotive Service AdvisorCurrent Employee
Easy to see how to maximize your pay Longevity bonuses Good 401k and matching The possibility of making good money
Get used to pay plan changes, the goal always seems to not let associates make too much? Management is constantly under pressure from the top, and not in a good way. AN is all about reports and spreadsheets. If certain boxes and numbers don't look good compared to other stores, drastic changes will be made that trickle down to make your job difficult to enjoy or do properly often - get used to this. I've seen and been told to stoop to certain levels to achieve a certain outcome at the cost of the customer to make the store/management look better on a spreadsheet. Instead of guidance and training, it's simply being told "this must happen" with the threat of your day off being forfieted. Speaking of which, your day off must often be earned by selling enough certain services/products. Very long hours (especially if you don't "earn" your day off) 110 to 145 hours every 2 weeks. If you can put up with these things, you can make good money and still be happy.
AutoNation Reviews FAQs
AutoNation has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,966 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at AutoNation to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
64% of AutoNation employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AutoNation 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.