Avago Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Performance Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avago Technologies (Norcross, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

There is 5 person asked you for Technical question. This interview was taken 5 hours.
    show you facility and work environment, Make a presentation for all project that you have done in 5 years

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avago Technologies (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview
    Onsite interview
         - 1 hr Give a presentation about prior work
         - 1 hr Solve a problem they give you
         - 1 hr discuss the problem
         - 1 hr 1 on 1
         - 1 hr technical questions

Interview Questions

• Software development approaches and explanation of your approach   Answer Question

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Avago Technologies (Fort Collins, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Four hours long, including a power point presentation by me and interviews from 4 or 5 different levels in the organization. The hiring manager was very easy to talk to and not at all intimidating.

Machine Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Avago Technologies in May 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview is very effective in my opinion, but the politics involved with family members there is a little appalling. It didn't seem too difficult for the interview and hiring, it got challenging when employees were put into action. But, I love a challenge

Interview Questions

• Most difficult thing is having enough staff to handle the growth   Answer Question

Negotiation

Flat rate hire on from Manpower

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Avago Technologies (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2010.

Interview

Weak effort to determine alignment of prospect with role.
    Wondered if they really had any interest in hiring or just going through the motions.
    Interviewer had a hard time highlighting what they thought was good about the company.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here knowing what you do about the company.   Answer Question

See Interview question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avago Technologies (Fort Collins, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

lots and lots of questions followed by lots of questions until the hour was gone then on to the next guy then it started again with more questions. on to the next guy, then the next guy, and finally the hiring manager, boy it was fun and exilerating

Interview Questions

• show me a cool circuit, then show me a more cool circuit, the a really really cool circuit   1 Answer

Negotiation

very straightforward- they offered an amount and i took it.

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avago Technologies (San Jose, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I got an email for phone interview with Avago in 2013.
    Then I had a phone interview a day after. I passed the technical phone interview and the on site interview was set up for the week after.
    On the week after, HR contacted me 2 days before the interview and they booked me a round trip ticket from L.A to San Jose. They also gave me a $50 gift card for taxi and food for the day of interview: pretty generous and professional!
    The interview process was pretty fast and straight forward. I had only 2 interviews: phone interview with a manager and a group (on site) interviews with other managers and engineers.
    It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• _ Questions on my engineering projects. (TIA, receiver)
      _ Questions on basic principles of Differential Amps, CDR, BJT common emitter stages.
      _ Questions on noise sources
      _ Questions on bandgap reference circuitry.   1 Answer

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avago Technologies (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

one phone screen and then on site with several engineers of different groups on technical problems, finally discuss about your expectation. everything is very professional. I like the job and I performs very well

Senior R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avago Technologies (San Jose, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

One hour interview talk plus talking to six to seven relevant technical people in the team, half an hour each. The goal of the interview was primarily to find out the depth of the interviewee's technical background, and how the interviewee think creatively to solve challenging problems, in addition to personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell us an experience where you solved a challenging technical problem   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate, the salary package is more or less fixed for a given hiring level.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avago Technologies (San Jose, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Presented my previous work and successes to a group of employees, many of them were managers from adjacent organisations.
    Also, a series of 1:1 interviews with the hiring manager and future colleagues. The setup was rather friendly and low stress. This was not that difficult of a process in comparison to some other companies I interviewed at.