Avalon Health Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

1.8

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avalon Health Care (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was fast and smooth. The interview was not difficult at all, a pretty relaxed interview, nothing too difficult to answer if you prepare. There is no pressure while being interviewed.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avalon Health Care (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, nurse administrator asked if I could handle memory care. During the in person interview I met with the nurse administrator and the Director of nursing (DON). It was an easy interview because they were in dire need of nurses. I was given a tour of the facility (very run down) and got job on the spot. I was officially offered the job a couple hours after the interview. They were not willing to negotiate salary.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about memory care and can you multi task?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked what I was looking for as far as salary when I was offered the job over the phone. I told them what I wanted, they called me back and were firm with their $25/hr offer. I'm an RN and later found out was making $1/hr more than an LPN. Most facilities should pay at least $30/hr for RN's.

Coordinator Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avalon Health Care.

Interview

The interview was chaotic, she answered emails and phone calls while I was sitting in there. The only question I was asked is my expected pay. The pay was little for the amount of work your required to do. I felt like I was just pushed out the door. I was called for a second interview, but declined.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avalon Health Care (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

Very smooth process. Meet with the Director of Recruiting as well as the VP of HR. Very welcoming atmosphere. Application process complex, on boarding is smooth. Good recruiting team. Smooth process.

Healthcare Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avalon Health Care (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

1- Phone interview. Very easy just assessing your resume and additional clarification if necessary on items.
    2- In-person interview- Very strict. questions were asked and had short time to respond as they had over booked
    3- Upper Management- VERY LOW KEY. Administers were very easy going and seemed to lack information on the listed job.

Interview Questions

• Past history in title.
      Why I wanted to leave my current employment.
      Answer Question

Medical Biller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Avalon Health Care (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 Managers in a comfortable professional setting. Very pleased with this company. I was asked to come back for 2nd interview and had been asked what I wanted for salary, I gave them the lowest number I'd except and told them how much I made at previous job and this company offered my highest number. I gladly excepted the position even though it was a step down from Management of my last employer that went out of business. I would highly recommend getting an interview with this company. Ask alot of questions and be direct and honest of what you want from the company and what you can offer. Great place and great interviews.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Avalon Health Care (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

The recruiter scheduled two separate interviews on two different days, but called after the first interview to cancel the second interview with no feedback on why I was disqualified for the Regional HR Business Partner role.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avalon Health Care.

Interview

I applied online and received a call to set up an interview a week or so after I applied. The interview was set up for the next day. It was pretty short, sweet, and to the point. I was offered the job to start the next week. The director of nursing conducted the interview and she was pleasant and easy to talk with. The staff that greeted me prior to the interview were also very pleasant and made it easier to relax and not be as nervous.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strengths?
      What is one of your weaknesses?
      Tell me a little about yourself.....
      Answer Question

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sonora, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avalon Health Care (Sonora, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Filled out a test of easy basic questions, then went in to take the blood pressure of the two people interviewing me and to review my test. Also had to give a urine sample for a drug test because it is a job in healthcare. It was a very easy interview. Basically if you have a certification and there is nothing initially off-putting about you, you're in.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions like how you make a bed, change a resident, confidentiality, etc.   Answer Question

Business Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Avalon Health Care (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online. I was called a couple days later for an interview. I met with the corporate financial Consultant and the Administrator. I was offered the job the next day by the Administrator.

Interview Questions

• We just talked about my experience and they asked relevant questions regrading me experience relating to the position.   1 Answer