Aveda Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aveda Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.8

Lead Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aveda.

Interview

The interview was mostly behavioral questions, such as, "explain to me a time when you have…" specifically looking for feedback on how to manage relationships, difficulty, and grow business.

Interview Questions

• How have you adjusted your work style to deal with a difficult coworker?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aveda (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. I was first called in for an in-person interview with the store manager. We went through my past experience, be sure to give sales-driven answers. She asked to describe my favorite product and then try to sell it to her. This was a fun little exercise, I recommend starting with an open-ended question like "what is your skin type?" when trying to "sell" a skin-care product.
    After the in-person interview she let me know that an Estee Lauder Rep would be calling for a phone interview. This interview was about 1 hour long with a lot of open ended questions. They asked questions that really showed your character no right or wrong answers here. They can't tell you what the question means, they can only repeat the question. I recommend referring back to Aveda's Mission Statement as much as you can when you are answering questions.

Interview Questions

• If a coworker was speaking bad about the company what would you do?   1 Answer

Admissions Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aveda.

Interview

Was contacted pretty quickly after submitting my application by the regional hiring manager. Had one Skype interview with a regional hiring manager, then an on-campus interview with the site director, then a third interview over the phone with next-level-up admin. They said the next step would be a possible interview with the regional admissions exec. After the third interview, a week passed and I heard nothing, so I followed up with them by email. I still have had zero response from them to this day, 2 months later. I've since accepted another position. It's a really bad way of doing business, and it's simply unacceptable. If a (highly qualified, mind you) candidate has made it to a third-round interview, you need to contact them either way. It's a shame, too, because I do love the Aveda culture and brand, and it casts a disappointing light on them.

Interview Questions

• What would your response be to a student's parents who are hesitant to pay for their student to come here because it's a cosmetology school and not a four-year university?   Answer Question

Experience Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aveda (Chicago, IL).

Interview

lengthy and drawn out - interviewed with many levels of leadership and felt very excited to join the company. what was told to me during the interview didnt jive with leadership and coaching.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aveda (New York, NY).

Interview

Very fast process. You fill out a talent plus interview online, and if you pass, you get an in person interview. The process isn't long at all, and goes very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for Aveda?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered 15% higher salary than I asked for.

Lead Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aveda.

Interview

There are two parts to the interview. A face to face and over the phone TalentPlus. The face to face interview process is pretty easy and straight forward. They really like to talk about the brand and get your buy in about their beliefs and the culture/mission of the business. If you're an Aveda graduate or have a license in cosmetology or hair - you'll probably be hired! Research Aveda and Estée Lauder companies before you go into your interview. Finally, the application is pretty lengthy and they DO call your references to ask about job performance and character. Talent plus however is more difficult. The only way to prepare is to think of many different sales scenarios you have experience with. They are looking to see that you score high in all of the core values to more forward. Although they will tell you the phone portion is just to get an idea of your talents, it IS pass or fail. If you are unsuccessful you will not more forward with hiring and they probably won't reach back out to tell you that you didn't pass.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to make per hour?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aveda (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The hiring manager was very well put together and organized. She asked me quit a few questions ranging from my past experiences to what I know now about sales. It was longer than I thought it would be, but that was a good thing because I felt she was getting a good read of me and in turn that time gave me a chance to get to know her as well. I had a really good feeling about this person being a leader and more importantly my boss and after working together for over 2 years I was never let down.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a time you ran into a difficult situation with a client and resolved it. Describe to me a time you ran into a difficult situation with a client or coworker and didn't have the best solution. What did you learn?   Answer Question

Admissions Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aveda.

Interview

I was initially contacted almost immediately after submitting my online application and resume. Over the span of a 1.5 to 2 months I had a total of 6 interviews - either on the phone, in person or via Skype. Each time I went one person up the chain, I enjoyed those I was interviewing with and the description of what the position would involve. My HR representative/recruiter did not communicate very well in between interviews. After my 6th and final phone interview I waited a week to hear back from my HR Representative. I reached out to them to which they responded immediately and informed me they were getting the rest of their information together from a higher up/an individual who I had an interview with and that they would be with me in the next 48 hours. Those 48 hours came and nothing happened, then another week went by so I reached back out via email to which I never received a reply and to this day I have heard nothing. I understand and respect that I just might not have been the fit for this position any longer, they found someone better suited and I understand not getting an offer. What I do not understand nor respect is that you can't even reach out to tell me this, you "ghosted" me without ever letting me know. That is unprofessional on so many levels. I gathered great interview experience from this process as well as what I do want in a company's professionalism - Aveda did not fit the bill when it came to professionalism.

Interview Questions

• If a parent informed you that they didn't want their child going to beauty school over a 4 year university, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Assistant Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aveda (Columbus, OH).

Interview

It took 5 weeks. I understand they want good people so I was okay with the process. Talked to someone on the phone, had to do a questionnaire online, another hour question/response phone interview than I interviewed with store manager than finally district manager. I did fine till the district manager. She use to be the manager at the store I was applying for. I could tell she was holding on to controlling that store still and her questions were confusing and she came across as confrontational. I knew walking out that I wasn't going to get an offer but the fact no one gave me the courtesy of a phone call or letter seemed unprofessional and that bothered me since I had gone out of my way to rearrange my schedule for 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out an employee had a drinking problem?   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aveda in March 2016.

Interview

First interview was a group interview. Then 3 additional one on one interviews. Met with multiple people from different positions of the company. Had to also perform a mock student interview to show skills on building relationships with potential students.

Interview Questions

• Why Aveda? Why would you be a good fit for Aveda? Different "what would you do" in this situation questions.
      Why should we choose you?   Answer Question