Aveda Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.8

Experience Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aveda (Chicago, IL).

Interview

lengthy and drawn out - interviewed with many levels of leadership and felt very excited to join the company. what was told to me during the interview didnt jive with leadership and coaching.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aveda (New York, NY).

Interview

Very fast process. You fill out a talent plus interview online, and if you pass, you get an in person interview. The process isn't long at all, and goes very smooth.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for Aveda?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered 15% higher salary than I asked for.

Lead Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aveda.

Interview

There are two parts to the interview. A face to face and over the phone TalentPlus. The face to face interview process is pretty easy and straight forward. They really like to talk about the brand and get your buy in about their beliefs and the culture/mission of the business. If you're an Aveda graduate or have a license in cosmetology or hair - you'll probably be hired! Research Aveda and Estée Lauder companies before you go into your interview. Finally, the application is pretty lengthy and they DO call your references to ask about job performance and character. Talent plus however is more difficult. The only way to prepare is to think of many different sales scenarios you have experience with. They are looking to see that you score high in all of the core values to more forward. Although they will tell you the phone portion is just to get an idea of your talents, it IS pass or fail. If you are unsuccessful you will not more forward with hiring and they probably won't reach back out to tell you that you didn't pass.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to make per hour?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aveda (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The hiring manager was very well put together and organized. She asked me quit a few questions ranging from my past experiences to what I know now about sales. It was longer than I thought it would be, but that was a good thing because I felt she was getting a good read of me and in turn that time gave me a chance to get to know her as well. I had a really good feeling about this person being a leader and more importantly my boss and after working together for over 2 years I was never let down.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a time you ran into a difficult situation with a client and resolved it. Describe to me a time you ran into a difficult situation with a client or coworker and didn't have the best solution. What did you learn?   Answer Question

Admissions Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aveda.

Interview

I was initially contacted almost immediately after submitting my online application and resume. Over the span of a 1.5 to 2 months I had a total of 6 interviews - either on the phone, in person or via Skype. Each time I went one person up the chain, I enjoyed those I was interviewing with and the description of what the position would involve. My HR representative/recruiter did not communicate very well in between interviews. After my 6th and final phone interview I waited a week to hear back from my HR Representative. I reached out to them to which they responded immediately and informed me they were getting the rest of their information together from a higher up/an individual who I had an interview with and that they would be with me in the next 48 hours. Those 48 hours came and nothing happened, then another week went by so I reached back out via email to which I never received a reply and to this day I have heard nothing. I understand and respect that I just might not have been the fit for this position any longer, they found someone better suited and I understand not getting an offer. What I do not understand nor respect is that you can't even reach out to tell me this, you "ghosted" me without ever letting me know. That is unprofessional on so many levels. I gathered great interview experience from this process as well as what I do want in a company's professionalism - Aveda did not fit the bill when it came to professionalism.

Interview Questions

• If a parent informed you that they didn't want their child going to beauty school over a 4 year university, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Assistant Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aveda (Columbus, OH).

Interview

It took 5 weeks. I understand they want good people so I was okay with the process. Talked to someone on the phone, had to do a questionnaire online, another hour question/response phone interview than I interviewed with store manager than finally district manager. I did fine till the district manager. She use to be the manager at the store I was applying for. I could tell she was holding on to controlling that store still and her questions were confusing and she came across as confrontational. I knew walking out that I wasn't going to get an offer but the fact no one gave me the courtesy of a phone call or letter seemed unprofessional and that bothered me since I had gone out of my way to rearrange my schedule for 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out an employee had a drinking problem?   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aveda in March 2016.

Interview

First interview was a group interview. Then 3 additional one on one interviews. Met with multiple people from different positions of the company. Had to also perform a mock student interview to show skills on building relationships with potential students.

Interview Questions

• Why Aveda? Why would you be a good fit for Aveda? Different "what would you do" in this situation questions.
      Why should we choose you?
      Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aveda (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

You need to first have a phone interview then take an assessment test online. It was lengthy but not difficult when you answer honestly. Based on your score, they'll proceed with the interview.

Part Time Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aveda in August 2015.

Interview

I emailed my resume. I was called by the store manager for a phone interview. Phone interview went great and we seemed to have a lot in common. Since I had previous experience with an Estee Lauder company, she agreed to use my previous Talent+ results instead of having me take a new screen test. It took a week to get the results and was called in for a face-to face interview. The interview was scripted and read verbatim. Each question was "Tell me about a time when...", which I hate answering those toe questions. However I was surprised to get a call the next week for an interview with the district manager. This was more conversational and I felt like I nailed the 2nd interview! He gave me a business card and assured me I would know an answer by the end of the week. The manager requested I email 3 references. All a bit much for a part time job, but I obliged the request. I followed up after a week past the date I was promised. I was told by the assistant manager that I was still being considered and reference checks were under way. Not sure what happened, but over a month and no offer.

Lead Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aveda in July 2015.

Interview

First contact was by phone from the store manager. from there, a "targeted" interview is scheduled which lasts approx. 45 minutes. They tell you to please answer honestly, and don't try to answer questions based on "what you think they want to hear". The questions are very straight forward with no wiggle room for answers. The keep it very "matter of fact".

Interview Questions

• How would you support the Aveda Mission?
      Do you prefer to sell by product knowledge or by building relationships?
      Would you rather have a job with lots of diversity or one that is the same every day?
      What would you do if a co-worker was giving items free to selected customers?
      Why do you want to work for Aveda?
      What are your long term plans with Aveda?
      Would you prefer to work behind the scenes or out front with customers?
      Answer Question