Aviva Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aviva Canada Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2017

2.3

Healthcare Medical Accident Benefit Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager called me for a pre screening interview which took about 15 minutes. He first asked me some questions based on my resume and then moved on to some basic interview questions. Then, he explained about the role description and the working environment. Overall, he was very friendly.

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Hiring process took 2 weeks. Applied through campus career network. One on one interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager simply went through my resume and transcript. Bits of technical questions were asked, but I understood the material pretty well to explain it. I didn't get an offer but it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like to work at P&C insurance instead of Life Insurance?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva Canada.

Interview

The hiring manager and HR rep were very friendly and made the interview extremely comfortable. Interview questions were standard; nothing that you wouldn't see coming. Overall a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had a conflict with a customer   Answer Question

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager. Casual interview and questions on resume and experiences
    The manager tells you about the role and what is expected and what project you will be working on if you get the job.
    Also gives time during the end to ask any questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your programming experience?   1 Answer

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied directly through internal website. Got a call (or 3) almost immediately. They had two positions posted and I explained I was interested in the more senior role. She called me back 20 minutes later asking to set up an interview. Imagine my surprise after clearing my schedule to come in for an interview it was for the more junior role that I had expressed hesitancy about over the phone. Proceeded with interview anyway although I think it was clear to everyone it wasn't the right fit for them or me.

Never heard back. Not one word, even a thank you for coming in. I followed up 2 months later (not because I wanted the job but because of the principle) and she couldn't even remember who I was and said there was a hiring freeze. I understand not following up with someone who has applied online but if someone has taken the time to come in for an interview, very rude and unprofessional to not even acknowledge with an email.

Intermediate Commercial Lines Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Three weeks after applying online I received an email re availability to set up a phone interview. I replied same day. TWO weeks later, an apology email was sent for the delayed response while inquiring if I was available that week. Again, replied same day asking for clarification of time on the days that were provided as I'm currently employed. I waited another week for a response before I went back to the web site and withdrew my application.

Insulting and a disrespectful way to treat prospective talent.

Interview Questions

• Please advise on your availability and the best number where I can reach you this week.   1 Answer

National Claims Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

1/2 hour phone interview, then 45 minute face to face at Scarborough location, friendly, asked about volunteer experience and described job details, time of employment and results expected. Asked about what was my greatest weakness, what I knew about Aviva and we discussed some of the community events they are involved in. They asked if I had any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when I had to handle a conflict with another person.   Answer Question

Intermediate Commercial Lines Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Hamilton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was referred by a friend, met with the manager and was hired on the spot. I had the interview on a Thursday and I started the following Monday. I already knew the system that was being used from the last company I worked at.

National Claims Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

First I had a telephone interview. It was about 20 mins. The interviewer was very friendly and kept it very casual. Asked me mostly about my previous work experiences. Then I had an in person interview with the department manager. She was extremely friendly and it was one of the nicest interview experiences. She explained the details about the job properly and asked me a few basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced in your previous workplace?   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Standard questions - how do you resolve - slow internet link, slow computer, slow application?
    How do you troubleshoot e-mail problem?
    How do you resolve an issue with which you are not familiar?

How do you handle difficult client?

Where do you see in 5 years?

Interview Questions

• how do you resolve - slow internet link, slow computer, slow application?   Answer Question