Aviva Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aviva Canada Interview Questions

Interviews at Aviva Canada

2.4

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied directly through internal website. Got a call (or 3) almost immediately. They had two positions posted and I explained I was interested in the more senior role. She called me back 20 minutes later asking to set up an interview. Imagine my surprise after clearing my schedule to come in for an interview it was for the more junior role that I had expressed hesitancy about over the phone. Proceeded with interview anyway although I think it was clear to everyone it wasn't the right fit for them or me.

Never heard back. Not one word, even a thank you for coming in. I followed up 2 months later (not because I wanted the job but because of the principle) and she couldn't even remember who I was and said there was a hiring freeze. I understand not following up with someone who has applied online but if someone has taken the time to come in for an interview, very rude and unprofessional to not even acknowledge with an email.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aviva Canada.

Interview

First there was a preliminary phone interview that was really basic questions. Then they called me in and they asked about experience, what motivates you, very friendly and short interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva Canada in April 2015.

Interview

Very casual interview, more of a conversation than questions.
    First was the phone interview, then there was a 1 on 1 in the office. It was a fast process and they returned with an offer quite soon

Middle Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Lots of questions about what I did in the past not what I can do for them using past experiences (good or bad). Passed one interview with a senior manager, then went into a another one with some group peers. That was a disaster. They repeated few of the questions I got in the first interview to ensure that I didn't lie. They claim using modern processes but none of them had a clue what were talking about. Both failed to maintain eye contact and their body language showed discomfort and lack of interest. My questions were not answered properly. They showed up with laptops in the interview and one took notes without being involved. Both interviewers seem threatened by me and protective of information they release. Overall I didn't find to be a structured interview that helped them to identify what I can really do for the organisation. .

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aviva Canada.

Interview

Applied online, then scheduled phone interview in 3 days(around 20 mins), in person interview next week. They are very nice, asked me some underwriting questions and told me working environment.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

The process started with a short call with HR then about a 30 minute call with the hiring Manager and then an in person interview with 2 Managers for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Prior Experience in Insurance?
      What is your knowledge about the business and underwriting?
      What are your career goals?
      Have you taken any CIP courses?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      What do you know about Aviva?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aviva Canada in February 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview with HR and in-person interview with unit manager, the process was fast, finalized in one week. Not difficult, nice talk with the manager. The HR was efficient and nice too,

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview + 1:1 interview
    HR conducted phone interview
    1:1 was conducted by hiring manager
    Both were very good people
    Others that were hired usually had 2 1:1 interviews but mine was one so it can vary

Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aviva Canada in September 2010.

Interview

Friendly, positive people. 2 person interview. Relaxed and easy atmosphere. Questions designed to elicit examples of past experiences, skills and successes. Professional.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aviva Canada (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

first round with HR over the phone, general behavior questions and school courses/project. Second round with the hiring manager and another manager. they did not go over a long list of questions, and the interview was pretty casual. Hiring manager is a technical specialist, so he tend to ask about models/projects. Final round with VP for 10 minutes. they sent out the offer pretty fast and was willing to negotiate the salary.