Axway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Axway Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.6

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Axway in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online, and got a call from a recruiter the next day to schedule a phone screen. Initial interview was non technical, mostly going over my resume, and lasted about thirty minutes.
    Recruiter spent a large amount of time talking about the company, but not much about what my role would be. Recruiter then asked about my availability for a possible phone interview with hiring manager, but I received no further contact.

Interview Questions

• "Since I've told you about us, maybe you can tell me a little about yourself? "   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Axway (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

1. HR call was about knowing your skills put in the resume and quick self-introduction.
    2. Interview with director, quick self-introduction aka tell me about yourself and question from the projects
    3. Onsite Interview 4 rounds( 2 members for 40 minutes each round) - many rounds in the process and HR takes another round to learning more about you and takes notes of everything you tell. Interviewers ask some of the repetitive questions as expected due to more rounds. The role will be revealed during the onsite rounds unless specifically needed to ask the HR otherwise HR gives a general impression of generic role Software Engineer 2 based on the resume.

In my case, I was under the impression that role is Java Backend during HR call as HR discussed more towards Java Spring that they have been using in the department and but during the interviews, the role is actually a JavaScript Test role.

Interview Questions

• Google Puzzle(two egg problem), Sorting algorithms, Singleton Pattern, JavaScript Callbacks, test cases on a user form, pros, and cons of AngularJS and NoSQL Databases, behavioral questions(strengths and weaknesses), Simple Coding.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Axway (McLean, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager which went well and then I was invited to have a meeting with the entire team. At this meeting, It was told to prepare a 30-6--90 day territory plan and to present it to the group as part of the meeting/discussion. It appeared that the latter presentation was well received and I left the interview being told by the hiring manager that I would go to the next step and meet with the VP of Sales the following week. However, I was told that I did not get the opportunity to go to the next step because it appeared that I was "not prepared". However, I got minimal notice about the meeting. I had an understanding of the product and was told that my territory plan was "spot on". This particular position has been open for almost six months.

Interview Questions

• To present a 30 - 60 - 90 day territory plan   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Axway (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager; very down to earth. Much integrity and high-quality inquiry. Several interviews with peers and superiors. Company is in reorganization and is poised to do very well. Good solid leadership.

Interview Questions

• Tactical implementation questions, some strategy. Very little behavioral.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I was contacted by their internal recruiter. I was told via email they were very interested in me and I had a similar background to other existing sales exec's. I was asked to submit my resume and that the hiring manager would call "soon". After a week of no contact I was told I was no longer a candidate. I conducted research on the difference between myself and their existing employees. My credentials exceed those discussed and those of current employees. I am concerned other issues such as age may be involved. As soon as I revealed my years of experience a different attitude was demonstrated. A word of caution for those with experience ...this employer may have a " problem " with it. This is the first time i have seen this so blatantly exhibited.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Axway (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Referred by ex-employee. Had a phone interview. Highly Technical. Got an On-site interview after two weeks. Interview was plain regular. Linux/Scripting tech HR did not get back to me even after months. Was told they hired another candidate. They take weeks and weeks to get back to you and also have the guts to let know that you are still in review after meeting on-campus, where they came for recruiting, just to come and show that they are right here in Phoenix. Totally unprofessional.

Vice President - Presales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Axway.

Interview

The initial interview process was extremely awkward. The first interview was delayed due to a last-minute meeting. The actual first interview was very good, and very detailed, with a clear timeline and expectations for the second phone interview. That second phone interview was also cut short due to a double-booking, and the promised follow-up never occurred. The entire process was disjointed and unprofessional. Follow-up email and voicemail were never returned. Perhaps a harbinger of things to come, and the general demeanor of the company?

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult sales rep (from within the company, on a joint sales call)?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Axway (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

After a email contact from HR rep, a schedule was sent to me to meet 9 people in 5 hours. Peers, Hiring Manager, Sr. Support Engineer, Director, and Sr. VP!! Then it took few weeks before got any follow-up contact.

Interview Questions

• Since the job is to support their products on MVS (IBM Mainframe OS), the Sr. Support Eng asked few very technical (assembler) questions. Once I answered them, the trust was there... and rest of the meeting was very open/friendly.   Answer Question

Principal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Axway (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

One on one interview with the hiring manager (technical questions) and another with an HR rep on the same day (general questions), followed by an exécutive. Didn't see any other people during the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company business? (Tip: do your homework) Why are you qualified for the position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary and starting date

Systems Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axway.

Interview

I have an interview with this company next week. Any interview sample questions to expect?