Axway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Axway (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied through a referral, received a email from recruiter after 1 month. Process is super slow and they don't know what they are hiring for. Telephony round with a Onsite round , they didn't want to know the actual person. Only thing they were looking was technical savvy with a low ball salary. Worst experience ever I agree with other interviewer its waste of time.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Axway (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

1. HR call was about knowing your skills put in the resume and quick self-introduction.
    2. Interview with director, quick self-introduction aka tell me about yourself and question from the projects
    3. Onsite Interview 4 rounds( 2 members for 40 minutes each round) - many rounds in the process and HR takes another round to learning more about you and takes notes of everything you tell. Interviewers ask some of the repetitive questions as expected due to more rounds. The role will be revealed during the onsite rounds unless specifically needed to ask the HR otherwise HR gives a general impression of generic role Software Engineer 2 based on the resume.

In my case, I was under the impression that role is Java Backend during HR call as HR discussed more towards Java Spring that they have been using in the department and but during the interviews, the role is actually a JavaScript Test role.

Interview Questions

• Google Puzzle(two egg problem), Sorting algorithms, Singleton Pattern, JavaScript Callbacks, test cases on a user form, pros, and cons of AngularJS and NoSQL Databases, behavioral questions(strengths and weaknesses), Simple Coding.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Axway (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Asked relevant questions. Focused on technical questions, along with a few behavioral questions. First interview was a phone screening with HR, then a 1-1 with manager. After that an onsite interview.

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Axway (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

After a email contact from HR rep, a schedule was sent to me to meet 9 people in 5 hours. Peers, Hiring Manager, Sr. Support Engineer, Director, and Sr. VP!! Then it took few weeks before got any follow-up contact.

Interview Questions

• Since the job is to support their products on MVS (IBM Mainframe OS), the Sr. Support Eng asked few very technical (assembler) questions. Once I answered them, the trust was there... and rest of the meeting was very open/friendly.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axway in May 2017.

Interview

Applied directly online on company website. Received a call from HR to setup initial screening call. Was then passed onto hiring manager. Had first initial telephone conversation with hiring manager, then he schedule a second (deeper dive call). Was told he liked what he heard and wanted to meet for a face to face meeting and to work with the HR rep to schedule the meeting. Took over 10 days to get the meeting scheduled (HR rep told me that the hiring manager was not getting back to him for over a week, after leaving numerous emails and v-mails).
    Finally got face to face meeting scheduled. Meeting went very well, with the hiring manager telling me that he wanted to advance me to the final stage, having a telephone conversation with his manager (VP). Again, after a week of going back and forth with the HR rep to schedule the VP call... received an email from HR rep telling me the hiring manager was "going in a different direction". No further details supplied.
    All in all seemed like a very dishonest way to operate a business. No communication between HR and hiring manager. HR rep even had to get his management involved to get things moving.

Interview Questions

• Typical sales related questions, tell me successes, walk me thru a large complex transaction that you were successful in closing.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I was contacted by their internal recruiter. I was told via email they were very interested in me and I had a similar background to other existing sales exec's. I was asked to submit my resume and that the hiring manager would call "soon". After a week of no contact I was told I was no longer a candidate. I conducted research on the difference between myself and their existing employees. My credentials exceed those discussed and those of current employees. I am concerned other issues such as age may be involved. As soon as I revealed my years of experience a different attitude was demonstrated. A word of caution for those with experience ...this employer may have a " problem " with it. This is the first time i have seen this so blatantly exhibited.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Axway (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

1. Phone call with HR
    2. Phone interview with Hiring manager for 45 mins to 1 hour
    3. Onsite interview 4 rounds, back to back. ( 4 to 5 rounds) and usually 2 people in each interview round. You'll meet with 9 to 10 people from different teams trying to find the fit

Interview Questions

• 1. HR
      -> Pay scale
      -> culture
      2. Interview with Manager
      -> Agile methodologies
      -> Previous projects
      -> CICD
      Onsite interview
      a. 1st Round
      -> The first question is not clear. I have tried asking multiple questions to understand what the interviewer is aiming at, instead I failed and we ended up discussing the design
      The question - Designing dropbox api, uploading, downloading functionality. No code, but more on API and functionality
      2. REST ful web servicves best practices
      400, 500 code usages

b. 2nd round
      coding, write code to delete a node from linked list, laptop is given and junit test cases are already written.
      Pascal triangle
      git fetch vs pull
      Interviewers were good and helped out every now and then.

-> 3rd Round
      Experience with UI technologies
      interviewed by junior engineer, I frankly did not understand what they are trying to do
      but had a good conversation and they did a good job proving insight about team and work culture
      global scope, local scope, functional programming., Easy code if you know functional programming

c. 3rd Round
      CICD
      TDD
      code Coverage tools, technologies
      Passed me a questionnaire, looks like they got it from somewhere online and asked me to complete it, most of it knowledge based. (Bash Script basics)
      Junit for private, protected, public methods

5th Round:
      BA and Manager, - HR questions
      weakness
      why CS
      failures
      strengths
      what are the toughest challenges you think will face if hired

Overall nice experience, I screwed it up pretty bad as I did not prepare.
      Hint : Prepare well, its a good company with nice people to work with   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Axway (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2010.

Interview

You talk to a lot of people - consultants, managers, directors about yourself and your experiences. There might be a few technical questions too. But, its not a hardcore tech interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Axway (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Referred by ex-employee. Had a phone interview. Highly Technical. Got an On-site interview after two weeks. Interview was plain regular. Linux/Scripting tech HR did not get back to me even after months. Was told they hired another candidate. They take weeks and weeks to get back to you and also have the guts to let know that you are still in review after meeting on-campus, where they came for recruiting, just to come and show that they are right here in Phoenix. Totally unprofessional.

Systems Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axway.

Interview

I have an interview with this company next week. Any interview sample questions to expect?