BGL Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BGL Group Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.7

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. I expected it to be with the recruiter for the base screening, but it was with a Senior and Manager, which was the next day.

They were nice, but didn't ask any technical questions to assess my knowledge. It was a brief interview about my work history, current endeavours, and how I handle people. They also didn't inquire about salary expectations. I was told the next step would be a "face-to-face" interview and that the entire process should take about 4-6 weeks.

A week later, after I sent a follow up email and left a voicemail, I received a declination email with a contradictory and confusing reason. I was told that what was discussed in regards to linux administration and development (which again was only a portion of my knowledge) were only a small part of what they do, so I was not suitable for this DevOps role.

This interview was very lacking.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history, what are you doing now, how do you get along with people, etc.   Answer Question

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

-1 hour Phone interview with Manager
    -1 hour meeting with Management across Talent and HR
    -30 min meet with Stakeholder Management

Very positive and a mature interview with clear conversations on company ambition and objectives of the team. I had interviewed with around 8 companies at the time and this was one of the most enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Presentation on how I would build trust and credibility with other business stakeholders in my first 60 days.
      General Scenario Q&A also on how I would deal with pressure and pace.
      I got to ask lots of questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview process very straight forward. Despite saying they would contact me regarding the outcome, no one ever has. However I would not want to work for or be associated with a company who fail to communicate.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for such a low level role?   1 Answer

BGL Group Response

Oct 2, 2017

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We'd like the opportunity to speak to you, please can you email us at bglfeedback@bglgroup.co.uk

Thanks

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BGL Group (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Was very conversational, no technical questions. The interviewer was reviewing my CV and digging into specific projects I had worked on. They asked what CTM could learn from other ecommerce companies.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

First step -Phone interview with HR. Very basic questions about my background why I'm looking for new opportunities etc.
    Second step - Phone interview with senior DS and DS. This took a weird turn. Started with some basic questions about my background, how I work with data and different tools. Then they started digging into details in my cv with a somewhat rude tone.
    Third step - On site interview with team. Now, this was one of the worst interviewing experiences I've encountered. The team was squeezed in a small room. A laptop with a camera was placed on the table in front of me. Behind my back a couple of empty papers taped to the wall. The team started with the questioning immediately, without presenting themselves. The manager called into the meeting on the laptop with poor quality and I was asked to write queries on the paper behind me. Awful conditions.
    Overall, a really poorly prepared interview by the team.
    I contacted HR afterwards declining the role. Never got a response.

Interview Questions

• Describe the greeks and how they are used in options pricing theory.   2 Answers

Health Insurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toowong (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BGL Group (Toowong (Australia)).

Interview

I applied online, i got invited to a group interview and after that you get invited again to another group interview once successful you have a one on one interview with a Representative from Compare the Market.

The Group Interviews are pretty straight forward, you get to listen to a mock call. You will get given a few minutes at a time to explain how you think the call is going.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Compare the Market?

Rate how much you want the Job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BGL Group (Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview of around 10 people, all sat around a big table with 3 interviewers at the front, a classroom style. They ask you what you know about the company and if you don't say anything, chances are you won't get the job! They also ask individuals about previous experience. Focus on customer service.

Interview Questions

• (To everyone) "What do you know about Fusion/BGL?"   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Group interview, written test followed by a practical phone test, you pretend you work in a pizza delivery company and they phone in orders to see how you handle calls.

The two girls that ran the assessment were 23 and 28, the candidate group of 6 consisted of 4 under 30s and two over 40s. Us over 40s were disregarded by the interviewers, they engaged with the younger group which wasn't nice, I felt discriminated against.

Six weeks later, I still hadn't heard the outcome, so I emailed them to be told I'd been unsuccessful.

BGL, stop asking kids to run assessments, kids will only hire kids, I feel wholly discriminated against, your company is a disgrace!

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group in June 2016.

Interview

Initially the process was good. Had a telephone interview with a young buck who just went through the motions and the interview was quite non descript and run of the mill.

Even so, I was told they was considerable interest and that they would get back to me.

Nearly 3 months later, they still have not got back to me at all, not even after I rang them and left messages and a subsequent email.

Process, communication and candidate management is very poor and the reality is who would want to engage or even work with a company that had done that to you.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. I had a telephone interview and was then asked to attend a face to face interview. I was interviewed by 2 senior members of staff who had a prepared list of questions. I was promised feedback from the interview but 6 weeks later I am still waiting. I emailed the HR team but no response from them either. This is supposed to be a great company to work for but not impressed.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of where you have shown resilience, resolved a conflict, been creative.   Answer Question