BGL Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BGL Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BGL Group (Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview of around 10 people, all sat around a big table with 3 interviewers at the front, a classroom style. They ask you what you know about the company and if you don't say anything, chances are you won't get the job! They also ask individuals about previous experience. Focus on customer service.

Interview Questions

• (To everyone) "What do you know about Fusion/BGL?"   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Group interview, written test followed by a practical phone test, you pretend you work in a pizza delivery company and they phone in orders to see how you handle calls.

The two girls that ran the assessment were 23 and 28, the candidate group of 6 consisted of 4 under 30s and two over 40s. Us over 40s were disregarded by the interviewers, they engaged with the younger group which wasn't nice, I felt discriminated against.

Six weeks later, I still hadn't heard the outcome, so I emailed them to be told I'd been unsuccessful.

BGL, stop asking kids to run assessments, kids will only hire kids, I feel wholly discriminated against, your company is a disgrace!

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group in June 2016.

Interview

Initially the process was good. Had a telephone interview with a young buck who just went through the motions and the interview was quite non descript and run of the mill.

Even so, I was told they was considerable interest and that they would get back to me.

Nearly 3 months later, they still have not got back to me at all, not even after I rang them and left messages and a subsequent email.

Process, communication and candidate management is very poor and the reality is who would want to engage or even work with a company that had done that to you.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. I had a telephone interview and was then asked to attend a face to face interview. I was interviewed by 2 senior members of staff who had a prepared list of questions. I was promised feedback from the interview but 6 weeks later I am still waiting. I emailed the HR team but no response from them either. This is supposed to be a great company to work for but not impressed.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of where you have shown resilience, resolved a conflict, been creative.   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

First interview was with HR and a manager from the team I was applying for the role. C.V based. Then a few days later I had a written skills test, and a few days after that a 1:1 with the Associate Director or the business area.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your concerns if you were successful in the post?   1 Answer

IT Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group in October 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview and was asked the usual competency based questions. I was put at ease straight away by the two senior managers conducting the interview which lasted just over an hour. I was lead to believe that I would hear the outcome within a few days. I still haven't heard anything 6 weeks on and have now accepted a position elsewhere. Particularly annoyed as I'd travelled a considerable distance to attend the interview. Very poor.

Non Specific Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

After making contact via LinkedIn, Alison Hill and Emily Ward invited me to meet with them to discuss my career ambitions and to provide me the opportunity to present my skill sets and expertise.

With a company the size and reputation of the BGL group I was expecting a high level of professionalism going into the meeting. However the hour I spent with Alison and Emily left me extremely impressed.

This was an exploratory meeting for both parties. After giving me ample time to run through my skills and employment history I was given a detailed overview of BGL’s structure and operations. Alison and Emily then went on to talk to me about various areas of the business I may wish to consider based on the skill sets and career preferences I had presented to them.

After we had finished looking at all the options Alison and Emily summarised the meeting and outlined the action points they were taking to help me progress my application within the company.

Following on from the meeting (The Same Day) I received an email thanking me for my time, an overview of the agreed action points, constructive suggestions on how I could maximise my success in finding a role and the steps they had already taken since we had met just a few hours ago.

If there is a company with a more proactive and supportive approach in helping you develop your career I have yet to meet them. It was as positive an interview experience as you could possibly have without being offered a job. What a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Various exploratory question relating to my skill sets and employment history   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

very rushed agency rang round and got a lot of people in all at once. we all joined on the same day. people said that people don't last long and leave soon after they join

Interview Questions

• usual rubbish about what I have done before etc...   1 Answer

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

The process began with an online application form that was straight forward and easy to navigate through. Quite thorough asking for essay based answers but didn't take too long. Next stage was a friendly telephone interview where I was given the opportunity to ask lots of questions. Following that were psychometric tests (numerical and verbal reasoning). The final stage was an assessment centre involving a presentation. The brief was clear and the assessment day seemed organized and they made me feel really at ease. This sounds strange, but it was actually was a fun day. I met loads of great people with similar backgrounds, who were all passionate about joining BGL. They laid out a really nice lunch with unlimited tea and coffee all day :). We also got to meet the people who would be in our teams should we be successful. They got back to me with feedback within 48 hours, to offer me a position. Their feedback was in-depth and helpful in preparing me for the up coming position and how to develop. Cant wait to start, I wish September would hurry up!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• What are the main challenges for the motor insurance sector? And how might this effect BGL?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Application - 2 weeks until response received, Interview scheduled in the third week, test completed after interview so process required 2.5 hours in total, then had second interview with Director of function.