BMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BMC Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

3.6

Inventory Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMC.

Interview

The interview was with the owners son who was creep and awkward. He asked too many "how will you deal with childcare?" "how will tis hurt you being with your child and household responsibilities?" "can you handle this position and keeping a household?"
    Sexist bull crap.

Interview Questions

• Too many sexist questions were asked   1 Answer

Payroll Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMC in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was very informative of the fast paced environment brought in payroll examples as visual adds to ensure there was no confusion on the extensive nature of the role. The interview went well a constant flow of questions and answers on both sides of the table. I was glad that it was kept role specific and didn't turn into the generic interview with the dreaded strengths and weakness line of questioning. Spent about an hour speaking with the manager and one of the team executives.

Interview Questions

• How I handle constant changing priorities and still get my work completed?   1 Answer

IT Security Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BMC (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online on a Monday, received an email the following morning to schedule a phone interview. On that Thursday, the HR woman called promptly at the specified time, lasted about 15-20 minutes on the phone asking general interview questions like relating an experience you (helped someone/had a conflict/etc). Follow-up email the next day to schedule an in person interview.

Arrived early for the interview, chatted with receptionist for a bit (she was very nice and loved the company). The woman I spoke to on the phone came out to greet me, then led me down to the IT department. There I spoke to the head of IT operations for a few minutes. He asked more technical questions and what I wanted/expected out of the job. He then took me to the head of the IT support department. The conversation with her was about my resume, past experiences, and told me more about the culture of the company.

Overall a very thorough and prompt interview process.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had a conflict with someone and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at BMC (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

It took a long time for the HR to schedule interview. The whole process took more than 6 months, and I was an internal applicant. The interview was not very professional.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me a situation when you had to relove a problem or issue, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Inventory Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMC (Sacramento, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a face-to-face interview with market manager. The market manager conducted the entire interview, resume review, and selection. The tone was informal, but professional. I felt at-ease throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current employer?   1 Answer

Just Bad Experience Interview

Interview

First email out the gate from HR - how much do you want to make? Tried to avoid question but just got another email - I just need a number. Never heard back. Few weeks later got a call for the same role from a different person - explaining they would be setting up an interview and yet another person would be calling me to do so. Never heard a thing back. So confusing. This is how you treat possible employees?

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMC (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview was so unprofessional and uncomfortable, even for seasoned job seekers. It felt like they were just going through the motions and weren't comfortable in their own process. The questions served no purpose in assessing skills or talents- it seemed to be all about how you react to stupid questions, and you feel like you're at a shrink's appt instead of a job interview. If you're an attractive female, showing a little cleavage and leg will help, if you get my drift...

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with varied personalities?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will try to low ball you and expect you to factor in the residual income compared to your previous base pay- don't do it! Negotiate for the yearly salaried wages you really want 5 years from now going in, and consider anything else gravy, because hours, bonuses and commissions can and will fluctuate. The 90 day and annual review are just paper - they mean nothing in the way of increases.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMC (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

This was your typical HIGH pressure interview. I am not sure you can cut it etc. They made you jump through the usual hoops. They also used good cop and bad cop. If you didn't know what was going on it could have bothered you. On the other hand, they were very polite once you were through the process. Finally, the offices are gorgeous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what deal you lost that you could have kept.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated salary

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BMC (Newport Beach, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth and easy. The actual interview was a little informal which puts you at ease. It was a pretty casual yet professional atmosphere. The HR Department didn't seem really organized but they weren't the ones conducting the interview so that was fine.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic questions as to whether you had experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as the salary was set.

Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMC in November 2011.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by a face to face interview with the hiring manager and with a peer.

Interview Questions

• How can we be sure that you are going to stay assuming you are hired for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation took place. The interview process was fair and timely.