BMC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BMC

2.9

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMC (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

This was your typical HIGH pressure interview. I am not sure you can cut it etc. They made you jump through the usual hoops. They also used good cop and bad cop. If you didn't know what was going on it could have bothered you. On the other hand, they were very polite once you were through the process. Finally, the offices are gorgeous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what deal you lost that you could have kept.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated salary

Strategy Interview

Interview

After discussing the position with talent acquisition, I politely stated that I didn’t feel I would be a good fit. The recruiter then began insulting my background and previous experiences - stating I should feel lucky she decided to interview me at all. Absolutely the most unprofessional experience I’ve encountered. Unbelievable coming from corporate. Avoid.

Inventory Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMC (Sacramento, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a face-to-face interview with market manager. The market manager conducted the entire interview, resume review, and selection. The tone was informal, but professional. I felt at-ease throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current employer?   1 Answer

Inventory Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMC.

Interview

The interview was with the owners son who was creep and awkward. He asked too many "how will you deal with childcare?" "how will tis hurt you being with your child and household responsibilities?" "can you handle this position and keeping a household?"
    Sexist bull crap.

Interview Questions

• Too many sexist questions were asked   2 Answers

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BMC (Boise, ID) in April 2018.

Interview

Completed two in -person interviews and communicated through phone calls with direct manager. The environment is great and the culture is blue collar. Every person I spoke with was very warm and inviting, even though I was informed that employees and outside contractors can be abrasive.

Interview Questions

• What experiance do you have for this position.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMC in December 2018.

Interview

I have a considerable amount of marketing experience and well-respected within the fenestration and building material industries. I found the responsibilities and requirements presented in the job posting aligned with my skill set. After submitting my resume, I was contacted by an HR representative to schedule a 30 minute call with a senior level corporate recruiter. I was prepared for our call but ended with me NEVER wanting to work for this company:

- Corporate recruiter was curt, condescending and, in a nutshell, didn't provide any reason for me to want to work for BMC.
    - When asked why I want to work for BMC, I expressed my desire to work within a brand leading organization providing growth opportunities. I was then told there is absolutely no opportunity for growth and the position I applied did not offer advancement. Really?
    - I realize company recruiters are busy, often book pre-screen calls back-to-back, but the "hard stop" message delivered again and again was more than rude. At 25 minutes I was asked if I have any questions. I began with an attempt to align my background with the questions I was about to ask, was rudely interrupted, and the senior level corporate recruiter then stated "do you have a question or not because I'm running out of time."

In summary, BMC is a huge company missing out on hiring top talent due to the disrespectful corporate recruiters. BMC needs to keep in mind that my time, or any candidate's time, is valuable as well.

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BMC (Newport Beach, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth and easy. The actual interview was a little informal which puts you at ease. It was a pretty casual yet professional atmosphere. The HR Department didn't seem really organized but they weren't the ones conducting the interview so that was fine.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic questions as to whether you had experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as the salary was set.

Senior Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BMC (Raleigh, NC) in December 2018.

Interview

Extremely long and drawn out process with very little communication from recruitment on the hiring process/timeline. As a result of merger it appears to be chaotic within departments and decisions cannot be made.

Took over two months from when application was submitted to have initial phone interview. Two weeks later, another phone interview. Two weeks later, in person interview for 3 hours. Four weeks later, still nothing.

Interviews were OK but seems like they didn’t know what they wanted for this position. Those in department are clueless about construction risk and insurance. Seems like more concerned with making friends than getting anything done.

Glad I decided to move in a different direction with all the red flags.

Forklift Operator Interview

Interview

I did not have to interview because the company forces you to start with a temp agency. After starting the job there was very minimal training, and a sever lack of leadership shown by lead employees as well as management.

Interview Questions

• I did not have to interview because the company forces you to start with a temp agency. After starting the job there was very minimal training, and a sever lack of leadership shown by lead employees as well as management   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMC (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview was so unprofessional and uncomfortable, even for seasoned job seekers. It felt like they were just going through the motions and weren't comfortable in their own process. The questions served no purpose in assessing skills or talents- it seemed to be all about how you react to stupid questions, and you feel like you're at a shrink's appt instead of a job interview. If you're an attractive female, showing a little cleavage and leg will help, if you get my drift...

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with varied personalities?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will try to low ball you and expect you to factor in the residual income compared to your previous base pay- don't do it! Negotiate for the yearly salaried wages you really want 5 years from now going in, and consider anything else gravy, because hours, bonuses and commissions can and will fluctuate. The 90 day and annual review are just paper - they mean nothing in the way of increases.