BUCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BUCA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.0

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BUCA.

Interview

Online questionnaire then a phone interview with a recruiter. Then had a phone interview with the Divisional Vice President. Then had an in person interview with the Divisional Vice President. Then had a phone interview with the Senior Divisional Vice President. After which I was sent an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions: tell me about yourself, describe a weakness, tell me an experience when...   Answer Question

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BUCA.

Interview

I applied online, Via Indeed.com, by submitting my resume. Was called back within a few days, then scheduled an interview with assistant manager and head chef, was called back within a couple days to interview with Gm. Everyone was very friendly. Interviews were informal, which was great!

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BUCA in October 2016.

Interview

I applied and was contacted three days later. I accepted the job during the interview. It seemed that there was a desperate need for servers given that the holidays are approaching.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BUCA (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from the general manager requesting to set up an interview that same week. I went in a couple days later to meet with the general assistant manager, the first interview was very simple and relaxed. They explained what a hostess does in the restaurant (take reservations, help the to go window, seat tables, help buss tables) then we talked about my previous employer. They then went to get the general manager so she could conduct the second interview which was also pretty casual, she clarified what the hostess does and what the position means to her then started to go over the values of Buca as a whole. After asking me a couple questions and going over my availability/duties of my previous job she offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Of all the restaurants in the area, why Buca?   1 Answer
    • Asked questions about my previous job and my duties there   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BUCA (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

Quickly got an email about the position I applied for online. Set up and interview a day later. Then started working the day after that. No drug test or background check for the position that I applied for.

Interview Questions

• If I had my health card?   1 Answer
    • Whether i would have a problem waking up at 5am.   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BUCA (Cleveland, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Overall, was a fairly quick interview process. Interviewed by the General Manager, discussed how knowledgeable I was with food, how I worked with people, etc.There were also questions about scheduling, how available I would be to work, if I had weekends free, and if i could work evenings. Luckily, it worked in my favor where I had a fairly flexible schedule and was able to work on those shifts that they wanted.

Additionally, they also asked how well I dealt with people who were unhappy and how I would make sure the guest always left happy.

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BUCA (Lombard, IL).

Interview

The initial interview was a breeze. However, the whole process was very unorganized. I had to come in and sit for a half an hour on three separate occasions to fill out paperwork because the general manager couldn't figure out how to print the paperwork out. Lots of wasted time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to demonstrate a leadership role at work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BUCA (Waldorf, MD).

Interview

The interview was very quick and easy and the interviewer was very friendly...Had to do a mock sells presentation. Was offered the position on the spot and shortly thereafter promoted.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BUCA (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

Easy for me, just a transfer from another location so an easy process. Minimal paperwork, general manager at the time was wonderful and very informative. Would definitely choose Buca again if we were to separate.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BUCA.

Interview

Got a call offering a hostess position, I was okay with that so I went in a few days later. Got a call two days after offering me the position and setting up a day for orientation. They fed us spaghetti and meatballs and chicken parm at the orientation which was unique.

Interview Questions

• Asked about former jobs
      availability
      why is the hostess' job important to the company
      Answer Question