Babel Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.8

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Babel Media (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

It is divided in 3-4 steps depending on no. of applicants. Firstly there will be a screening round, after that a video you'll watch and find the bugs in that particular game video after that again a interview round for selected candidates only.

Interview Questions

• What the thing that excites you to start a career at Babel Media?   Answer Question

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Babel Media (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

If you are a gamer and want to start a career in it, it could be a good place for you.
    The office was amazingly perfect for someone who loves to play games.The staff was looking energetic and helping (i can not say much cause I was there just for my interview but this is what I observed ).Work environment was looking good.
    The biggest let down was the salary 12k in hand yes right 12k.And as they have many US clients working hours will be 5.30PM to 2.30AM for most of the time if not always.They will provide you the cab(pick up and drop) and meal and they will not charge for both. I would say it is not bad because if you have no skills other than playing games.I found this unacceptable because I thought it would be a waste of my caliber cause there you will do nothing but gaming, no coding, no logical involvement other than games.
    About the Interview:
    There were different rounds:
    1.English (simple synonyms(10), An Essay 150 words)
    2.1 to1 interaction
    3.Mechanical Round(8 videos 30min- find the bug and write it in excel sheet(spelling and grammar should be correct))
    4.Technical Interview
    5.Technical Interview(Project Interview)
    6.HR

Interview Questions

• About yourself?   Answer Question
    • what types of game do you play?Favourite game   1 Answer
    • Why do you like that game?   1 Answer
    • Why do we need testing?   Answer Question
    • Different types of testing?   Answer Question
    • Name some testing models   Answer Question
    • The difference between Retesting and regression testing??   Answer Question
    • Difference between severity and priority   Answer Question
    • Example a bug that has high severity and low priority and low severity and high priority   Answer Question
    • Real life bug and software glitch   1 Answer
    • Hobbies   1 Answer
    • Name 5 anime that you like.(interviewer also like to watch them :D)   1 Answer
    • A puzzle - 8 identical balls one is of different weight, min no. of attempts to find that all   1 Answer
    • Do you like playing RPG or MMORPG?   1 Answer
    • Why?   1 Answer
    • you said you play NFS?? what versions you played?? So which version is your favorite?   1 Answer
    • Ok, so what is the name of the first rival??   1 Answer
    • Why do you join here? there are better options for you out there.
      And few other questions like that   Answer Question

QA - Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Babel Media (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

1.Grammer test(Synonym & Article)
    2.Machine test
    3.F2F
    4.HR round.
    Note - The company address is wrong in google maps,the actual office name is Lakshya digital & it is in infocity 2sec 33.
    Their main focus is in english grammer,offers night shifts, no mobiles are allowed in working hours.
    Just play games & find bugs.

Interview Questions

• Q: Article on how social media helping neighbouring countries of US.   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Babel Media (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

It was an easy interview process and they basically took the interview in 4 rounds.
    If you play video games a lot, then this interview will be very very easy for you! But if you don't know about games at all then this will gonna be tough for you.

Interview Questions

• First was English where they asked
      synonyms and asked you to write a paragraph on a topic.
      Second was machine round
      where you have to watch videos (not bigger than 30 seconds), which are basically gaming videos and you have to find bugs in that video. Again if you play games finding those bugs will be a piece of cake.
      Third is Personal Interview 1
      and Fourth is Personal Interview 2
      In both the cases, it depends on the interviewer what he asks!
      In my case they asked me; tell us something about yourself, types of testing and their definitions etc.   Answer Question

Testing Engineer/QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Babel Media (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview consists 4 or may 5 rounds.
    1.Written test(it is simple test of English. 10 moderate multiple choice synonym and 1 topic)
    2.Machine Round( 8 videos find out the bug and write it down in excel sheet.)
    3.Techincal one on one (its is also moderate and the conservation was very cool).
    4.Project Manager round(this round is also good but this is very tricky)
    Each and Every round is an elimination round. result of every round is just after it.

Video Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Babel Media (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

1st round will consist of essay writing with some synonyms
    2nd round is the machine round at which have to test some video games
    3rd is the Technical round ( manual testing questions & some question on games testing)
    4th is HR round

Interview Questions

• what is first person shooter and third person shooter?
      which company developed first video game?
      what is the minimum requirements for playing a game (hardware and software)?   Answer Question

Localization Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Babel Media (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Very long.. I was waiting months before I could start working..disappointing and dangerous for your finances! I think they try to help you but their methods are not working well so at the end you will have problems..
    Anyway you'll talk by skype, emails and pre-set tests

Interview Questions

• which games do you like, strange long quiz to submit online!   1 Answer

Game Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Babel Media (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

1st round was grammar test which written, then 2nd round was technical round where u have to find bugs from game video clips, and the last round was HR round.

FQA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Babel Media (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

First of all there is a written english test
    Then there is a machine test in which u have to find bugs .
    Then there are 2 rounds of interviews. First is face to face technical round then there is an hr round which is just a formality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accept the offer. Its just a formality.

Video Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Babel Media (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Inter view consisted of a simple English test and a video test in which you need to find bugs in the games, followed by a technical Interview in which you can expect questions such as the games that you have played , and it will be more of a discussion rather than the so called mugged up questions.
    Great and genuine people one of the best working environment that you can expect , the team leaders which took my interview were great and very supportive and they will not mislead you in any way or persuade you to join if you are not interested , they were very genuine people and I really liked the place and the people . if you want to make a career in game testing I will say this is surely the best place in Delhi Ncr

Interview Questions

• what is a bug in real life ???
      what all things you noticed while coming here at the office ??   Answer Question

The main problem of working here is the shift , i.e shifts entirely depends on the client for which the company is working for so you might be given a night shift or a day shift