Bally Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bally Technologies Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2018

2.9

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bally Technologies.

Interview

Simple Questions from Databases and OS, DS and Algo. Quiz Questions in 2nd round interview.

Questions like : Swap two numbers, Difference B/w Thread and processes etc.

Company Profile

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Bally Technologies in March 2012.

Interview

The process was somewhat spotty

N/A

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bally Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2014.

Interview

Had two phone interviews and then two face to face interviews. They were very brief when I first received the first call back. I was asked a lot of OOP basic and advanced programming questions over the phone and then had more personality questions in the face to face interview. Different departments interview differently though so don't expect the interview process to all be the same, because it's usually not. They seemed very disorganized.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bally Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2013.

Interview

In house interview was first. Answered two questions, both pretty simple. You meet with the principal engineer and the lead for which team you are applying for. Then a take home code test. Very interesting code test. I spent roughly a week on it, but one could finish it within a day or so. They will provide an email containing some usable libraries and some references. They don't give you a time line on how long it should be finished, but they don't expect you to take a month

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bally Technologies in November 2012.

Interview

First-a-technical-phone-interview w/ manager: definitions-pertaining-to-the-graphics-nature-of-the-position-such-as-description-of-anti-aliasing-and-culling, as-well-as-on-paper-algortihms-such-as-a-random-number-range-function. Also-spoken-design-questions-where-they-described-a-scenario-and-asked-for-a-design-solution.

Second-was-a-timed-email-test-that-was-a-maxium-of-4hrs. The-time-it-took-to-complete-and-algorithm-corrrectness-mattered-but-syntax-correctness-was-not-entirely-necessary-but-no-pseudocode. I-asked-for-a-few-days-time-to-prepare-and-the-manager-was-okay-with-that. What-came-was-4-relatively-simple-questions-about-memory-allocation-and-bit-manipulation-and-a-card-shuffling-algorithm-which-I-was-able-complete-in-45min-due-to-my-previous-preparation.

Third-was-a-personality-phone-interview-with-the-manager-and-two-others-on-the-team. I-gave-them-my-background. They-asked-the-usual-questions-such-as-why-i-want-to-work-for-them-and-what-kind-of-scenarios-I-had-been-in-which-prompted-STAR-stories. They-also-asked-questions-that-dealt-with-their-environment-such-as-"Can-you-handle-dealing-with-argumentative-people?"-and-"This-isn't-like-your-previous-work-experience-so-how-do-we-know-you-wont-get-bored-and-leave-after-a-year-or-two?". Lastly-they-asked-if-I-had-any-questions-of-my-own-which prompted-me-to show-my-knowledge-of-"what-I-know"-and-"what-I-know-they-do". It- was-meant-to-be-a-40-min-phone-call-but-they-seemed-to-like-me-so-we-ended-up-over-an-hour. They-called-back-5min-later-and-asked-when-was-a-good-time-to-fly-me-in.

When-I-came-in-for-the-face-to-face-interview-they-gave-me-a-tour-which-was-a-good-time-for-me-asking-questions-that-showed-my-knowledge-and-a-passion-for-my-profession-and-make-them-feel-like-I-am-already-preparing-for-my-tasks. When-we-got-to-their-questions-which-were-basic-problem-solving-questions-some-math-questions-GLSL-syntax-questions-and-some-advanced-C++-questions. I-did-need-help-through-most-of-them-but--knew-it-was-important-not-to-give-up-so-I-worked-them-all-out. Also-some-of-the-questions-seemed-like-the-group-came-up-with-them-the-day-before-so-some-of-them-were-flawed-which-is-partially-why-I-HAD-to-get-help.

We-did-lunch-and-I-made-the-conscious-decision-to-ride-with-the-guy-that-was-by-himself-so-I-could-ask-him-how-I-was-doing-so-far. He-said-that-he-thought-I-was-better-than-most-candidates-which-I-thought-was-funny-because-I-felt-I-was-doing-terrible-because-i-needed-help-too-often. He-said-the-biggest-advantage-I-had-over-other-candidates-was-that-I-was-being-completely-honest-about-what-I-knew-and-didn't-know. Other-candidates-would-get-nervous-when-they-didn't-know-something-fearing-it-lose-them-the-job-so-they-would-try-to-act-like-they-knew-a-certain-subject-when-they-obviously-did-not.

During-lunch-the-manager-did-surprise-me-with-opinion-questions-such-as-time-based-vs-frame-based-animations-and-static-vs-dynamic-libraries. While-I-we-were-driving-back-from-lunch-I-asked-the-teammate-I-rode-with-if-there-was-around-two. He-said-he-didn't-know-and-that-it-was-all-by-ear. I-told-him-that-I-was-expecting-there-to-have-been-more-design-and-structure-questions. It-seemed-that-he-liked-me-and-I-think-he-might-have-influenced-the-rest-of-the-day-because-after-lunch-we-came-back-and-did-another-round-of-questions-which-were-software-design-and-data-structure-questions.

The-day-ended-around-4pm-or-so. I-asked-another-teammate-in-private-how-I-did-and-he-said-"You-did-good-because-those-werent-easy-questions-and-even-though-you-needed-some-help-you-figured-the-rest-on-your-own". The-manager-called-me into-his-office-after-that-and-told-me-the-hiring-decision-was-up-to-his-team-and-they-would-like-to-work-with-me. He-presented-the-offer-letter.

Interview Questions

• Three black boxes that release one item in their content at the pull of a lever. They are labeled "Apples", "Oranges", and "Apples & Oranges". They are mislabeled, with all labels belonging to another one of the boxes. By only pulling any two levers once, how do you decide which labels go to the correct box?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Collections Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bally Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2010.

Interview

Three panel interview. I asked vrs acctg questions, culture of dept, experience of collectors who were part of the interviewing process. Instant rapport with hiring manager. hiring offer came within days

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bally Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2011.

Interview

3 interviews were conducted. Nothing substantial to any of the questions. Just conversation. I'm guessing they were attempting to conduct a behavioral interview. However, I'm guessing (as it is in many places) the behavioral stuff was just a lazy way to conduct the interview. No specific or technical knowledge was sought. Just smile and be personable and apparently the interview goes fine....lol

Interview Questions

• Not one challenging question. Search the 10 ten interview questions on google. These are what you'll find in the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

typical. They offered....i countered.....they offered a compromise...I said i'd take it

Senior Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bally Technologies (Reno, NV) in January 2013.

Interview

Three questions from different but related departments head after HR call. HR called and also inquiry the previous job and the overall experiences related to the industry. What is the earliest date you can work!

Interview Questions

• Your previous experiences and ups and downs   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bally Technologies (Reno, NV) in May 2012.

Interview

Hiring process is slow if you need H1 sponsorship. Guys looking for new H1 sponsorship dont rely on Bally that they will apply your H1 in time even if they recieve all your documents well ahead of time. Finally they submitted my application to USCIS 1 day after the quota has closed and told me that quota for H1 is full we will try next year if position is still open. I dont know if it was a coincidence but I still doubt Bally's intentions on hiring me. This was my experience hope this helps you and you dont make the mistake I made.

Interview Questions

• What is your long term goal ?   1 Answer

Game Dev Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bally Technologies.

Interview

Met the company HR at the university career fair. The interview process was pretty straightforward. One call from HR for a sanity check before they give you a date an engineer would call you.

Interview Questions

• Given one assignment to code. Was very simple, make a basic card/deck game in C++. Nothing beyond classes required. Was given 5 days to make the game from scratch and submit it.   1 Answer