Bally Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bally Technologies Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2018

2.9

Game Dev Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bally Technologies.

Interview

Met the company HR at the university career fair. The interview process was pretty straightforward. One call from HR for a sanity check before they give you a date an engineer would call you.

Interview Questions

• Given one assignment to code. Was very simple, make a basic card/deck game in C++. Nothing beyond classes required. Was given 5 days to make the game from scratch and submit it.   1 Answer

Senior Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bally Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

I was initially interviewed via telephone by an HR representative of Bally Technologies. After answering a number of questions, she decided to bring me in and meet with the Controller. I met with the Controller a few days later. He was very personable and told me they had been holding my resume for several months, as hiring had been "frozen" due to a merger that was in the works. As soon as our interview was finished, he asked if I was available the very next day to meet his staff so he could get their feedback and get the process rolling on making me an offer!

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience using Oracle and Blackline software as they were soon going to be migrating to these platforms. I was also asked about my previous history analyzing manufacturing variances, particularly purchase price variances and how I would go proactively approach minimizing these variances.   1 Answer
    • They asked how quickly could I start!   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bally Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2014.

Interview

Had two phone interviews and then two face to face interviews. They were very brief when I first received the first call back. I was asked a lot of OOP basic and advanced programming questions over the phone and then had more personality questions in the face to face interview. Different departments interview differently though so don't expect the interview process to all be the same, because it's usually not. They seemed very disorganized.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlantic City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bally Technologies (Atlantic City, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Tiered. Very informative and professional. They were very precise in what they were looking for in a candidate and never misled. Thorough in screening and background checks. 1:1, a couple group calls.

Interview Questions

• How did I feel I could contribute to the company?   1 Answer

Art Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bally Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2014.

Interview

Since I was out of state it was via phone for the first part. About an hour. I then drove into Las Vegas for an in-person meet and greet with the team I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What creative projects have you worked on that relate to what we do?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bally Technologies.

Interview

Simple Questions from Databases and OS, DS and Algo. Quiz Questions in 2nd round interview.

Questions like : Swap two numbers, Difference B/w Thread and processes etc.

Company Profile

Software Release Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bally Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview , skills test relating to the scripting knowledge,2 one to one interview one for scripting and linux side expertise , scm concepts as branching, merging , changelist tools, etc..... and one for windows expertise ASP.net , database, etc.....

Interview Questions

• If there is a WinDifff tool which generates output from changelists of two versions as following files were Identical files , deleted files , added files from Version A to version B what is the logic behind it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My hiring manager was Very tough negotiator.

Engineer Firmware Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bally Technologies (Reno, NV) in May 2013.

Interview

Face to face interview with the Manager. Background check like drug test etc. Internal project with school. Took over a month for the whole process to complete. HR people were supportive.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bally Technologies (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2013.

Interview

In house interview was first. Answered two questions, both pretty simple. You meet with the principal engineer and the lead for which team you are applying for. Then a take home code test. Very interesting code test. I spent roughly a week on it, but one could finish it within a day or so. They will provide an email containing some usable libraries and some references. They don't give you a time line on how long it should be finished, but they don't expect you to take a month

Senior Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bally Technologies (Reno, NV) in January 2013.

Interview

Three questions from different but related departments head after HR call. HR called and also inquiry the previous job and the overall experiences related to the industry. What is the earliest date you can work!

Interview Questions

• Your previous experiences and ups and downs   1 Answer