Barchester Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barchester Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.4

Deputy General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chellaston, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Barchester Healthcare (Chellaston, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was informal and more of a chat. They made me very comfortable and were really keen to hear about my previous experience. Most of the questions were related to how I would use my management experience to tackle issues in the care home.

Interview Questions

• In your previous experience, how did you manage a employee dispute?   Answer Question

Carer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barchester Healthcare (London, England (UK)).

Interview

it was brief, friendly and not formal. I met my team lead and the home manager together for about 2o mins. I had worked for a shop byt always wanted to have a care job but I didn't think they would look at em as I had not worked in Care before. they asked me lots of things about why I wanted to work in care an dlook help people who live in the care hames.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barchester Healthcare (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was organised by a recruitment firm based in U.K. I had the interview on Skype and it was real cool as the interviewer was courteous and highly intelligent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was smooth.

Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barchester Healthcare (Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was quick and easy and was interviewed by the home manager. Worked on the floor doing a super numery shift after 1 week of training including manual handling, COSHH, fire safety and food and hygiene

Health Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saltford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barchester Healthcare (Saltford, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied for a job, after a month I got a call inviting me for an interview

I discovered I had the job a few days later

The interview was pretty relaxed

I was interviewed by a woman who was at the time deputy manager but is now the manager and it took place in one of the care home's lounges

Interview Questions

• If you discover someone has fallen over what should you do?   1 Answer

RGN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barchester Healthcare (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Good and very knowledgeable decided to remain with present employers but good overall experience I would consider working with them in the future, everything was great and the company seemed really good and wanted standards to be maintahined

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bath, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Barchester Healthcare (Bath, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Friendly and relaxed. No trick questions. Not stressful.
    Walk around .prompt response as promised. Chance to explain values and work style. Pleasant environment and timely . welcoming and non intimidating style

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barchester Healthcare (York, England (UK)).

Interview

Long interview process with two people interviewers. Who posed competency based questions around what the role of general manager would entail, to assess your strength and weaknesses would be in the role.They did not show me around the home.

Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ryde, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barchester Healthcare (Ryde, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was good , deputy manager spent time to I.introduce me to residents and staff. There seemed to be real pride in showing us around, lots of laughter and cheerful staff and residents. The home was lovely and clean,the person who showed me around had a very good relationship with the residents.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work with the elderly,vulnerable residents   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a low pay rate but thought it was still wort it as the place. Felt the atmosphere was warm and was impressed that I would benefit from the training I would receive. Had long discussion on the day and was shown all around the home.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barchester Healthcare (Winchester, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

applied online via the barchester website after having got email from indeed
    The completed a Phone Screen - called by a manager within the care home
    Two interviews
    competency based questions based on experiences in similar situations
    friendly