Base CRM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Base CRM Interview Questions

Interviews at Base CRM

Sort:

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Base CRM in January 2016.

Interview

Screening with HR, call with Director (30 mins each). The recruiter really harped on how much they researched and paid attention to the answers. She seemed interested in what I had to offer and I was passed on to the next round. The next call with a higher up was a bit of a mess - no showed at first, then rescheduled our 2nd time around and was late when we finally got on the call. Still it went seemingly well.

As with most tech recruiting it stalled, I reached out and received a poorly written and generic rejection email.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Base CRM (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Typical Interview process: Two over the phone, one in person with both representatives you spoke with prior, another on the team, and the CEO

Interview Questions

• The CEO: He didn't look at my resume, in fact I heard him ask for it outside the door and say, "Forget it, I don't need it." He is very rude, condescending and likes to ask a lot of trick questions that have nothing to do with the position. I was very qualified for the job and, somehow, I was given an offer after that awful and insulting interview. I was furious that he, or anybody on his team, would think that somebody would want to work at a company run by such an individual and have to interact with him daily. This is a small company and you work directly with this guy. I declined the offer based off this alone.   Answer Question

I could not imagine working with the CEO of this company and being happy. I have worked closely with many driven, successful and wealthy CEO's and none had acted so pompous as this one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Base CRM (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a really positive experience initially followed by a bizarre and unprofessional interaction with the CEO which still leaves me perplexed.

Step 1: I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, standard stuff asking about background and making sure you're a good fit culturally.

Step 2: An onsite with two of the sales managers in their San Francisco office. The two managers (Ryan and Mason) were obviously very passionate about the company, what they want to do and asked some challenging, thought provoking questions doing a really good job to separate Base from their competition for prospective employees.
    I was impressed with their openness and honesty and at this point quite excited by the prospect of working with their sales team. At the end of the interview we scheduled an onsite to meet with a enterprise team leader for a skills assessment and then the final step before getting an offer would be a "quick chat" with the CEO.

Step 3: Initial meeting with their Enterprise team leader was excellent. She was charismatic and honest giving an assessment of the company that wasn't sugar coated. The interview felt like a natural conversation.

Then came the "quick chat" with the CEO. At this point I'd been warned by both sales managers and the enterprise team leader that the CEO can be "difficult" to talk to and to not be discouraged if it didn't go well. I brushed this off as him just being tough to interview with.

The chat with the CEO quickly went from strange to hostile at a rate of knots and was less of an interview and more of a dressing down. He went from criticizing my experience to accusing me of cooking my numbers at a previous company and saying I'd made poor career decisions in relocating to the bay and working for a start up. He couldn't accept my reasons for leaving a major rival of Base to move to the Bay telling me I'd made a mistake and if I was as good as my numbers suggested they'd never have let me go. He circled back to this on multiple occasions in this 20 minute or so conversation and at times it bordered on confrontational. He asked who else I was interviewing with at the time and made disparaging remarks about the other companies which was strikingly unprofessional. Towards the end of the conversation it got really weird as he started asking inappropriate personal questions; what age I was, where I lived, etc.

The CEO behaved so strangely I still struggle to believe that this conversation actually took place. Whatever about deciding someone isn't a fit for the role and saying so the comments he made about my career to date were totally inappropriate. Judging from the other interview reviews I've seen on here my experience wasn't unique. I can understand a CEO wanting to be involved in the hiring process in an early growth phase for a company but when they are as lacking in people skills as he is it can only have a negative impact on hiring. This is a real shame as the sales management team that I spoke to were really inspirational.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Base CRM.

Interview

Interviewing with Base was a breath of fresh air. I am a serious career driven individual and I was tired of all the fluffy BS that typically takes place with startup companies. The team at Base was very upfront with expectations and what the role entailed. I could tell right away this was a serious team.

I connected with the hiring manager on Angles List. It was a four step process. There was a phone screen, Google hangouts, skills assessment, then a final interview with CEO. At the time I was located in Atlanta so the whole process was remote.

It was clear they were looking for hard working dedicated people who are hungry to be the best. If you are not serious about a career in sales I would probably save your time.

Interview Questions

• What professional accomplishment are you most proud of.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Base CRM (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Several vetting phone calls with their internal recruiter, sales discovery test over the phone - 15 minutes of learning about a hypothetical business and discovering needs, in person interviews with sales manager, then SVP then CEO. Thoughtful but not stressful meetings.

Interview Questions

• "I have a plate of carrots and cookies in front of me, how can you convince me to take the carrots?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Base CRM (Mountain View, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Pretty lengthy process with 3 phone interview screens followed by last interview with them flying me out to their California HQ. They said they would reimburse for my travel but after not getting a job offer with no explanation they go dark and refuse to reimburse for taxi transportation racking up close to $300. Seemed to be more focused on my age and physical appearance rather than my experience and what I had to say. Phone interviews were great but must say the onsite with entire executive team was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Are you a good sales rep?   Answer Question
    • What is an example of when you made a mistake in a previous position? How would you change your decision?   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Base CRM (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Quick. Supervisor immediately reached out to me. However it took a reminder to confirm a time for the phone interview. Phone interview was extended to an in person interview where I met with 3 people. I confirmed with the manager that they wanted to make a decision at the end of the week. Two days after that deadline I followed up and did not hear a response. They could at least send the generic email saying the position has been filled. They have you sign in with an Ipad and then the interview process begins.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Base CRM (Mountain View, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

HR phone screen, onsite interview with a potential team mate the another onsite with hiring manager. Had to present a slidedeck which had to be a project as well as requirments questions. They said it was pretty much up to me as how I wanted to run the presentation.

The day of the onsite interview, the hiring manager and another manager talked to me for 10 mins then I presented my slide deck. The hiring manager appeared to be disinterested in what I was presenting.

HR did reach out to me and said that I missed the mark in my presentation, none the less I appreciated them reaching back to me. Although, this left me confused since they didn't really provide any real guidance as to what was expected.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Base CRM.

Interview

I had gone through the initial phone screening for Business Development. I was reached out by email with a invitation for a 2 hour onsite interview for the following day after next... I had let them know that I am currently employed and that I would need to have a little more ample notice before I can leave my current job early.... especially for a 2 hour onsite. I had asked if we could perhaps move the onsite to the following week.

My response was, "In that case, lets postpone this for a few months".... I would assume that anyone that was currently employed looking for opportunity within another company would be received with the understanding that scheduling will need to be flexible or at least given 3 days notice before an onsite. Perhaps this was a foreshadow of Base culture and this was for the better.

Not a good impression to make professionally. If you are interested in a Development role here, use this instance as a reference.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Base CRM in February 2016.

Interview

SDR Role. Contacted by recruiter, talked with SDR Manager and set up a time to meet in person. It's supposed to be meet with a member of the team, then the SDR Manager then the director. If all goes well, then get a response with an offer or not within two days.

Had initial talk with a member from the team, who kept rolling his eyes, acting as if he didn't want to be there and I tried to be as positive as I could be. Then talked to the SDR Manager, who was very nice, down to earth and made me realize that I shouldn't take a job that is below my value. If one can work for that manger, it would be great. Typically a person would then talk with the director, yet was not moved on from that point and told that I would not be a fit for that company. I was so glad that was mentioned since I also felt the same way.

One has to let them know that they have a "Killer" type attitude, they do work long hours, have lunch in the office and understand the landscape of CRM. May not be best for work-life balance, since it is a small business that is gaining traction. So if you are used to being part of a company where you can have long lunches, leave early one day, work from home another, not be micromanaged and be flexible when hitting your numbers, then this place is not for you. Be ready to get in early and work late. I

Be very serious when talking to the team and the culture may not be for everyone. It is a small office not located in SF, yet it does seem like a nice opportunity since SDRs can get promoted within 4-12 months to an Account Executive role.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Base CRM?
      Why would you want to leave your current job?
      What is something that was competitive that you have had to fight for?   Answer Question