Bashas' Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

1.8

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maricopa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bashas' (Maricopa, AZ).

Interview

Applied online; called location after 3 days. Talked to manager and scheduled interview. Got a phone call a few days after interview and was offered job. Came in later that day to fill out paperwork.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingman, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bashas' (Kingman, AZ).

Interview

The interview went great I was really happy with the results there's nice people there friendly happy good quality people there I'm really excited to work for such a great company

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work all hours   1 Answer

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahwatukee, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bashas' (Ahwatukee, AZ).

Interview

I got a call about the position. Went to an interview and then had a second one with the bakery manager. I got interview by hr and bakery manager. They had me ice a cake and then I got the job. The interview was easy. It was alot of situational questions. Everyone one was nice though.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bashas' (Tucson, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and about 1 week later I received a call for an interveiw. went in for the interview and was interviewed by the deli manager. After the interview, I received an email a couple days later welcoming me to the team.

Interview Questions

• do you have a sense of urgency?   1 Answer

Meat Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sedona, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bashas' (Sedona, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

First Interview was with immediate supervisor. He was enthusiastic, encouraging, eager to meet me, and eager to hire me; terrific. Second Interview was with Store Director, customary, routine, supported supervisor's decision.

Interview Questions

• Requestes previous work history and asked for reasons why employment changed, Asked for special skills that would qualify me for the position. Asked about loyalty and commitment to working at Bashas'. Asked about flexible availability and willingness to do all work requested, including possible work in other departments. Then asked if I had anymore questions.

I was sent to the employment kiosk and filled out 12 electronic forms, and upon their completion (including 3 days of corrections), I was offered the position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary offered in the computer phase was very acceptable, so there was no negotiation. Availability was mutually agreeable, as we're expected duties and responsibilities. Very easy, indeed.

Cashier/Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crownpoint, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bashas' (Crownpoint, NM) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call within a week for an interview. Once interviews are done they'll send you a email if you were selected or not. I was immediately told I was hired so I finished the hiring process of paperwork. Then once I got my member # I was included on the work schedule which takes about another week or two.

Interview Questions

• -Why do you want to work for Bashas?
      -Why do you think you can do the position comparing it to you last job?
      -What is something very difficult you encounter? How did you handle it?
      -Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
      -If you are unable to come in when scheduled, what will be your reason?
      -Are you able to balance work into your school/family schedule?   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bashas'.

Interview

I already knew somebody who worked under the store director, so it was already pretty easy for me to get my foot in the door. It did my application online, went and saw the director the next day, but my application did not show up on their system (it takes a few days) so I came back 3 days later and basically we just had a conversation of "why do you want to work here" and "what is your schedule". I did not get the job I wanted due to my age, but I was offered another position to work in until I turn 18. Very easy, store director was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Have a brief version of what your schedule is. Instead of "all day this day, all day that day, Xam to Xpm on this day, oh wait i'm not available that day, hold on let me think".   Answer Question

Negotiation

Couldn't get barista clerk or cashier because I am 17, but was offered a position as a courtesy clerk until I turn 18, and then I can choose which one I want.

Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bashas' (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy normal retail interview you would expect nothing out of the ordinary. Looking for good smike and attitude what you would need for the job. Nothing more to say her about this part, can t think of anything else to write.

Interview Questions

• How do you like people, how do you like customers, are you reliable, wtc   1 Answer

Negotiation

Standard hoirly pay

Bakery Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bashas'.

Interview

As an outside candidate there was a series of 3 interviews. First was with a customer service manager, then with the store director, then another with the director and a company supervisor. I also took a cashier test and another battery style behavior test.

Interview Questions

• At the time I was not a professional baker. They really asked a lot of questions on how I would manage without the basic skills needed in day to day operations. I had years of restaurant, management and production skills to rely on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made a fair and resonable offer. I chose to work with the company at the time when others made similar offers because they offered a pension and better health benefits. This is no longer an option at this company.

Front End/Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bashas' (Mesa, AZ) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was called back probably 3 weeks later for a interview that was scheduled for a week later at 3pm. I got there 10 minutes early and after waiting 5 minutes we started the interview. The interviewer was nice he basically read my application and made sure nothing had changed. He left the interview twice for a few mins a time. I don't believe it was a fair interview for me to explain what i can offer.. it seemed to me that they have already hired someone else before the interview. I was very excited to work there. I didn't have much of a interview. At the end of the interview i asked when should i be hearing back from you?. He said with in the next week. I didn't' even get a call back just a email informing me they had chosen someone who better qualifies for the position.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions really. Very short interview.   Answer Question