Bates White Economic Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 5, 2017

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bates White Economic Consulting

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting.

Interview

I applied through my campus recruiting website. I had a first round phone interview, followed by an all-day final round interview at the Bates White Office. The first round interview was half-case, half-behavioral, while the final round was about 5 behavioral interviews and 2 case interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to work in a group setting.   Answer Question

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about a phone interview. That was about an hour long and was divided between a case and behavioral questions. Second round was on-site at D.C. and consisted of four behavioral interviews and two case interviews. Everyone was really nice and you get to meet people from a variety of practice areas throughout the day. The behavioral interviews felt more like conversations rather standard question and response which definitely allows you to get a good feel for the company and the people who work there.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to make a decision with limited information   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied through the college career center and got accepted for first round interview, which consisted of a case followed by behavioral questions. Second round was on-site in DC, which was two cases and maybe four behavioral interviews. Cases were interviewer-led and fairly straightforward. The whole day was really great and you got to meet with a diverse set of employees at Bates White.

Interview Questions

• Case interviews all were based on actual work done by the company. Behavioral included resume drill, experience with data analysis, team projects, etc.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied via my school website, for the summer intern position in Washington DC. The interviewers were kind and helpful. There were two interviews, one male one female. There is a case interview, but not a very difficult one. Most interview questions are standard in consulting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you used analytical thinking to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting (Evanston, IL).

Interview

On campus, 30 min case, 15 min behavioral
    very directed case, focused on economic theory, some arithmetic but not too difficult
    Nice people, mostly litigation work, seems like a great internship program

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through my universities recruiting system. I had a phone interview with Bates White; they were very courteous and answered all my questions willingly. The interview was an hour long. For part of it, they had a case study, and then they asked me some standard interview questions. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• There was a case study, and then standard questions. One example was giving an example of a time I had to think critically.   Answer Question

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting and had an interview on-campus about a week later. The interviewers were very awkward people but that may be the standard at BW. The interview was a 30 minute case and 15 minutes of behavioral--the case was much more based in economic theory than any other I'd had, which took me off guard, but the interviewers were nice about helping when I got stuck.

Interview Questions

• Why Bates White? Can you describe your experience with data analysis?   Answer Question

Consultant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview. Interviewers were nice. Case interview wasn't too hard. I wished it had felt more like a conversation but I realize they had a lot of interviews that day but I wasn't too thrilled that I got your typical "analytical thinking" question. Yes, I realize this is standard, but after reading about other questions, I feel like there were others they could have asked.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting in October 2015.

Interview

After applying through my school had a first round phone call, first half was traditional, second half was a case interview. I did not do very well on the case interview, so I did not advance.

Interview Questions

• The case interview was about two different cell phone battery manufacturers and assessing a clients need when ordering cell phone batteries for their phones. Lots of basic math, no calculator allowed, so be sharp.   Answer Question

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting.

Interview

Applied online, hour phone call with 30 minute case and 30 minute behavioral section. One week later, returned call and was asked to come on site for second round. 7 hour second round interview on site with 2 case studies and behavioral interviews the rest of the time.

Interview Questions

• My transcript was pulled up in front of me and I was asked to explain every grade that was sub-par to the interviewer.   Answer Question