Bates White Economic Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied via my school website, for the summer intern position in Washington DC. The interviewers were kind and helpful. There were two interviews, one male one female. There is a case interview, but not a very difficult one. Most interview questions are standard in consulting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you used analytical thinking to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting.

Interview

I applied through my campus recruiting website. I had a first round phone interview, followed by an all-day final round interview at the Bates White Office. The first round interview was half-case, half-behavioral, while the final round was about 5 behavioral interviews and 2 case interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to work in a group setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Very nice people. Started out with basic behavioral questions and then they presented me with a merger and acquisition case study that required decision making on top of mental math.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contact for on campus interview. Consisted of a case interview and behavioral. Case was tailored toward their areas of expertise and behavioral portion was similar to any other behavioral, lots of "describe a time when" questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting (Charlottesville, VA) in September 2018.

Interview

Invited to a dinner the night before the interview. The dinner was with everyone else who got an interview and the two interviewers. the actual interview the next day was 30 minute case study and 15 minute behavioral

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview consisting of a case and behavioral questions. The case was similar to a management consulting case -- they asked something along the lines of what if X company were to enter this space. Behavioral questions were pretty standard (what are your interests, etc.). Didn't get past first round, the next round would have been a super day.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview, and the second round is on-site in DC. The interviewers are friendly and helpful during the case and ask in depth questions about your own research experience.

Interview Questions

• The case involved analyzing the competitive effects of a deal between an insurance company and a healthcare provider.   Answer Question

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about a phone interview. That was about an hour long and was divided between a case and behavioral questions. Second round was on-site at D.C. and consisted of four behavioral interviews and two case interviews. Everyone was really nice and you get to meet people from a variety of practice areas throughout the day. The behavioral interviews felt more like conversations rather standard question and response which definitely allows you to get a good feel for the company and the people who work there.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to make a decision with limited information   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

All day final round interview. There were a lot of cases. And there were a lot of behavioral interviews - they also conducted a behavioral interview over lunch. Put you up in a nice hotel though and were willing to do skype interviews if you are overseas.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bates White Economic Consulting (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Super day in DC. Everyone I met was very nice and appeared to want the best for both me and the company. One interviewer even asked me if I was interviewing at other economic consulting firms. When I said no, he said that I should so I can have a better understanding of the industry and if this is actually the right place for me.