Bayer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bayer Interview Questions

Interviews at Bayer

Buyer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myerstown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bayer (Myerstown, PA) in April 2020.

Interview

Applied for the position online and 3 weeks later, I received an email from HR asking to do a ZOOM interview. This interview was a panel with 5 other people and lasted 1.5 hours. I was told that they would all confer with each other and the candidate they liked, would speak with the department head.
    Two weeks later, I received an email that I was BCc on, with three different times and dates to choose from, to speak with the head of their department.
    I thought that approach to be unprofessional, as her email was generic and obviously there were other candidates also copied.
    I went ahead and replied and a few days later had a 30-minute conversation. The person I spoke with was nice enough, but I felt as if he was just speaking with me to tick off a box.
    Two weeks had passed, and I hadn't heard from anyone. I reached out to the hiring manager as she said I could, if I had questions. Radio silence. I reached out to HR, radio silence. To be honest, HR was terrible with their communication the entire time.
    Over two months later, from start to completion, I finally got a generic rejection email, saying how they found someone who's skills ”more closely match the job description.” I found that hilarious, given that my background is in buying.....and specifically packaging.....exactly what they were looking for.
    I have zero tolerance or respect for an organization, that doesn't practice their own core values.
    Nowadays it seems that people feel they are not obligated to be decent human beings. A very hard pass on this company in the future.
    I could tell I wasn't the right shade they were looking for, from the get-go. Shame on me for even continuing the process, knowing I didn't have a chance.
    I'm sure they made the ”white hire” in the end, though.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you made a process improvement, that helped impact the bottom line.   Answer Question

Research Agronomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bayer (New York, NY) in April 2020.

Interview

Phone interview followed up by web based interviewed. Interview went well, although it was all behavioral based like, greatest strengths, weaknesses, etc. Everyone on the panel was very engaging and very nice. Bayer has great people!

Intern Interview

Interview

Contacted by phone and in person interview which lasted one hour but mainly consisted on behavioural questions. The process was very fast and got feedback one week after. The interview was very positive.

Field Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bayer (Tucson, AZ) in March 2020.

Interview

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it was a Facetime interview. It was nice to see the company was taking every precaution to keep people safe. The interview process was easy and I heard back from the company within a couple days.

Interview Questions

• What my strengths are and why I was interested in the position.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bayer.

Interview

It was a very easy process. I had 3 levels of interview. One was with an HR person, one was with the program managers, and the last one was with teams that were interested in hiring me. I had three overall, but sometimes it is only one.

Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (Morristown, NJ).

Interview

Very organized and fast-paced. Managers were clear and communicated the energy of culture and expectations. The process was wonderful until most senior managers based in Europe and Jr. Manager based in NJ were involved in final phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why did the job description align with you?

Q: How would you work with a team (ridiculous from a Jr. Manager when I have over 19 years leading multinational teams). ***The Jr. Manager would be a direct colleague and his questions were more of a challenge/confrontational.

Q: "What would you do if a project was not approved" When I gave my answer which was actually how I managed similar projects in the past, It was challenged.

Quite frustrating when immigrants and non-citizens are able to impact your ability to grow in your career in your native-country.

The cultural and language barriers of the C-Suite Manager and Jr. Managers were a problem. Senior US based managers were phenomenal. They were open and transparent and really made me feel that I had interviewed well.

The phone interviews with and C-Suite managers were not good, should have been in-person interviews.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bayer.

Interview

Smooth process, there was initially a phone screening that laster just over 40 minutes, followed by an onsite interview lasting 3 hours, and then some phone conversations with HR regarding follow up steps.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Send them my resume at the on-campus career fair. Got an on-campus interview with one software engineer and one manager. No technical problem, all behavioral. They were super patient and responsive.

Interview Questions

• What's the hardest problem (bug) to resolve that you've encountered when doing projects?   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bayer (Whippany, NJ) in November 2019.

Interview

The process was a bit choppy and didn't flow. I was asked to interview by phone with 2 individuals earlier in the AM and then in person on campus for 2 hours. I was also asked to put together a 15 minute presentation on a case study that they provided which was a project to staff commercial for a new product that was launching in 18 months. I actually enjoyed putting together and presenting the case study and thought it was an interesting add to the hiring process. I spent the 2nd hour answering a series of vanilla behavioral questions about my greatest successes and disappointments and what I learned from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a search did not go well and the relationship with the manager/client was fractured and needed to be repaired? How did you handle that and what would you do differently next time?   Answer Question

Interview

Very informal and easy. Friendly interviewer who was helpful. Basic stuff that just asked about educational background and previous job experience. How you deal with hard situations and what you do to overcome them

Interview Questions

• Education background
      Career goals
      Last job
      Strengths
      Why did you apply for this job   Answer Question