Bayer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bayer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.9

Analyst Role Interview

Interview

Absolute circus ; the unprofessionalism at this site surpasses even the small clinical start ups . Bizzare and bitter managers; if you come from the outside and are contracted don't bother applying they will not accept you over perm employees despite level and or expertise . Don't bother applying for perm jobs unless you have temped over one year and have someone rooting for you. They all are very political and it's almost pitiful how they block talent out of fear no wonder they manufacture only one product .

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bayer.

Interview

Applied over four months ago. Still have not received any response one way or the other. Not a good sign about the professionalism of the company if they do not respond, in any way, to applicants.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked as we have not connected on whether there will be an interview.   Answer Question

Salesforce Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bayer.

Interview

The interview was setup by an external vendor. Things got moving within a few days. The interview was over phone with a 6 member panel. Most of the questions were focused on Salesforce development and administration. I received the response within a week

Interview Questions

• How would you leverage Salesforce in a life science domain   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bayer in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on line and got a phone interview after one month. The HR was very nice and asked me some behavioral questions. But I did not get the second on site interview.

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bayer (Newark, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Half a day. Met with six people from the company, mostly in management. The interview was quite casual given the East Coast location and outward company image. I felt relaxed throughout, and wasn't pressured to answer questions with explicit detail. Net-net I found the experience to be smoother than I expected.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you worked with a difficult manager or peer.   Answer Question

Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bayer (Kansas City, KS) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through the campus career site. Had a 45 minute phone screen with HR. Was then contacted for an on-campus interview with the plant supervisor. The on-campus interview was easy, but the interviewer spent more time talking about himself than actually getting to know me.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bayer (Whippany, NJ).

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter on LinkedIn. I told them that my experience wasn't quite up to the years required, about a year or 2 short, but they told me to apply nonetheless and that my experience would more than make up for it.

I couldn't get through their ATS system. It was a joke. Worked on the application in their system for 2 hours, received no help when I asked the recruiter for assistance. Followed up the next day and was told I probably didn't have the experience anyway. Lol at Bayer and their whole recruitment process. What a joke. The irony is this role was within their HR department. ....Oh boy, no worries guys.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bayer (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen then hiring manager, then head of HR. This process was over the course of 6 months with me having to follow up with my contact recruiter

Interview Questions

• Interview was more conversational based on experience. They were very interested in how my background applied to the position. Process was over the course of 6 months   Answer Question

Computational Life Sciences Graduate Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bayer (West Sacramento, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, phone interview with Patrick Schwientek, flew 2000 mile to interview in person / panel interview including presentation. All of the interviews went well, traveling was a bit of a hassle, and the presentation request was last minute. However, I'm entirely disappointed with their response. At my in person interview the hiring manager said that I had the job, and that I would receive an offer the following week. A month later with followups to Mr. Schwientek and the recruiter and complete radio silence. I really don't understand why they decided to gaslight and ghost me. It's horribly unprofessional especially considering the amount of time, effort, and personal capital I expended to meet with these people. That being said, I would never consider a position with Bayer now or any time in the foreseeable future.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a bit about yourself and your experience with NGS data?   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (Research Triangle Park, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through headhunter. Phone interview on Friday. Contacted me Tuesday and asked to come for on-site interview on Friday. Interviewed with marketing lead and hr. Then 2 other came to interview me after their session was over. Whole thing took about 2 hours. Common questions. One interviewer just refused to let me answer questions. She rushed me along with 'uh huh's & 'mhmm's all session. Frustrating. They communicated going with another candidate 2 weeks later. Which was kind of obvious after the first week went by.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you couldn't complete a task for a manager.   Answer Question