Bayer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2018

2.9

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Interview

Slow it took the whole year and constant diligence . The hiring manager asked me to apply and attempted to humiliate me because I was contracting . The hiring manager devised ways to make it hard for me to get the job based on discriminatory tactics because I was not a regular but contract employee . Her staff made fun of my work experience and they continued to belittle me because of my desire to work in quality . Bayer will NOT hire outside talent they continuously hire family as well as Bayer employees from
     Germany

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bayer (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

My experience was positive overall. They briefly described what my role in the company would consist of and the training hours that followed. Then I asked a few questions regarding the lab tech training process. Following that, the interview began.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a problem. What steps did you take to solve this problem? What would you change in the near future to avoid this problem?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (Whippany, NJ).

Interview

Initial phone screen with the hiring manager who asked basic questions. Secondary phone screening with department's director. In office panel interview with hiring manager and other team members. Courtesy phone screening with cross functional team managers. Overall, everyone was respective and professional. Only down side is not meeting the expectations of personal questions.

Regulatory Data & Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

applied on line, phone interview with HR. on site interview with 2 panels , 2 one on one. total 4 hours. wait 3 weeks after interview, followed with HR no offer

Interview Questions

• how to handle priorities if several tasks comes in and all need ASAP?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bayer in March 2018.

Interview

The fist step was a pre-screenning phone interview by HR. They asked about why you want to work in Bayer. The second was a phone interview with the hire manager. This lasted for 1 hour. And they asked both behavioral and technical questions. All of them are very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you worked with a person which was very challenging   1 Answer

Microbiologist Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (West Sacramento, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I had my resume online (Indeed or Glassdoor) and was contacted by a recruiter from a staffing agency that contracts with Bayer Crop Science, and I happened to be looking for a new job. I already had a year experience in QC/QA Microbiology in addition to agriculture experience so that helped a lot. The interview was pretty straight forward, tell about yourself, answer a few questions as to work experience/people experience (10+ years in restaurants helped get a lot of my people skills across). Everyone was really nice and friendly and now I work with them. Having previous experience, a clear direction as to future goals, being yourself, all contributed to getting hired; but also I think I got lucky, right place right time! Searching for jobs can be difficult, keep trying.

Interview Questions

• A few questions about organization, prioritizing tasks with a busy/shifting work load.   1 Answer
    • A few questions about how you get along with other employees (examples), if you prefer working together/alone.   Answer Question
    • Who are you, what are you trying to accomplish, things like that.   Answer Question
    • A few questions about experience with lab equipment, sterile/aseptic technique.   Answer Question
    • A question about where I thought I could improve.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bayer in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Email after a few weeks from HR, did quick pre screening type phone interview. Then couple weeks later, conference call interview with 2 employees, and lastly an interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a team.   Answer Question
    • What was a time you exceeded expectations while facing a deadline?   Answer Question
    • What was a time when you had to manage complexity in a project?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bayer in October 2017.

Interview

Very plesent interviewer. Asked behavioral questions and about my experience. Asked about ideal day at work, what is more pleasant and worst, how do we collaborate with colleagues. You need to be ready with some tech background.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest decesion you had taked? What was your approach?   1 Answer

Chemist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bayer (Shawnee, KS) in October 2017.

Interview

I was interviewing to work at a Bayer Animal Health facility as a contractor in the QC lab. The interview was very focused on Core Competencies that were seen as relevant for the position. There were two people in the interview: the direct supervisor and the manager over that person. I was given a tour of the lab afterward. During the lab tour, we had a more informal conversation about their team structure and work practices, my instrument experience, and other topics.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time that you demonstrated each of the specific Core Competencies.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bayer.

Interview

Phone pre-screening. Basic questions tell me about yourself. Why bayer. talk about previous work experience. Phone interview. Spoke with few people in HR department. Lots of situational questions. Everyone was super nice. I worked with a few different employees to schedule the interviews, which got confusing but overall everyone was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed?
      Tell me about a time you didn't get along with a manager or co-worker?
      Tell me about a time you used creativity to excel at a job?
      Why Bayer?