Bayer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bayer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.9

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Interview

Took over one year . Very slow and zero respect for candidate ‘s time. Extremely insulting and condescending because of the fact I had been contracting . Zero need for competent employees looking for family members and or acquaintances to hire .

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for
      This job because your contract is ending ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bayer in October 2017.

Interview

Very plesent interviewer. Asked behavioral questions and about my experience. Asked about ideal day at work, what is more pleasant and worst, how do we collaborate with colleagues. You need to be ready with some tech background.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest decesion you had taked? What was your approach?   1 Answer

Chemist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bayer (Shawnee, KS) in October 2017.

Interview

I was interviewing to work at a Bayer Animal Health facility as a contractor in the QC lab. The interview was very focused on Core Competencies that were seen as relevant for the position. There were two people in the interview: the direct supervisor and the manager over that person. I was given a tour of the lab afterward. During the lab tour, we had a more informal conversation about their team structure and work practices, my instrument experience, and other topics.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time that you demonstrated each of the specific Core Competencies.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bayer.

Interview

Phone pre-screening. Basic questions tell me about yourself. Why bayer. talk about previous work experience. Phone interview. Spoke with few people in HR department. Lots of situational questions. Everyone was super nice. I worked with a few different employees to schedule the interviews, which got confusing but overall everyone was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed?
      Tell me about a time you didn't get along with a manager or co-worker?
      Tell me about a time you used creativity to excel at a job?
      Why Bayer?
      What do you know about Bayer?   Answer Question

Case Processor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bayer.

Interview

During Merck/Bayer merger our interview process was ok. It was lengthy but only because they were trying to learn what they were taking on. We all became Bayer employees but had to go through the formal interviewing process.

Lab Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bayer (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process lasted for about an hour: first 30 minutes the interviewers talked about the company and in the last 30 minutes they asked questions, about 21 of them. Very nice, relaxed and conversational. Did the interview and got an offer that same day.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bayer (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume through an online job board and got a call the next day with the sourcing recruiter. She thought I was a great fit for the role, indicated she'd pass my resume to the hiring manager. Two weeks go by without a word, so I followed up, she then indicated she would reach back out to the hiring manager to get his feedback, 3 weeks and counting... Radio Silence. I get the hint but it be more professional of them to provide an update.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, background experience and strength/weakness   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bayer.

Interview

I was taken to a lunch and spoke with HR. It was super laid back, and I didn't even know it was an interview until the end of the process. They're all about seeing how and where you'll fit.

Lead SAS Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bayer.

Interview

Asked to dial in for a phone screen and the manager and someone else was on the call. The call lasted 15 minutes. The questions were vague, the manager from India was very confrontational, and felt I would never want to work for this manager or company. Told the recruiter I did not want to be considered for this position.

Interview Questions

• For a Phase I study how would you figure out the clinical endpoint? What type of population would be entered into a Phase I Cancer study?   Answer Question

Associate Submission Medical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bayer (Whippany, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the recruiting department at Bayer. The interview process started with three phone interviews: HR, and two senior-level medical writers. All three were very conversational and easy to talk to. The hiring manager, located in Berlin, was in the US that same week, and so we met in person. That interview included more formal questions similar to the STAR format, focusing on Bayer competencies.

An on-site interview followed two weeks later with a writing peer, HR, and the head of the department. The mix of questions was similar to the in-person interview with the hiring manager. I was impressed by the explicit focus on setting me, the interviewee, at ease.

Interview Questions

• The focus of the questions was geared not to what I do, but how I get it done and how well I work with other people.   Answer Question