Bayer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2018

2.8

Patent Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bayer (Whippany, NJ) in December 2013.

Interview

Panel interview with 4 other members of the patent group. Casual and friendly but in-depth. Various different questions from each member of the panel. Questions were varied between legal/patent and scientific subject matter. Was given a short tour of the department and part of the site.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your technical and legal background in pharma.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bayer in February 2012.

Interview

Your employee hiring process is critical to your business success. Most people contend that their employees are their most important asset. If this is true, then deciding who to hire is one of the most important decisions you make.

Like your other key business processes, hiring needs to be approached in an organized, logical manner. Applying a proven process is going to get you the best results.

Too often though hiring is done in a rushed or even panic mode. A good employee has just quit or some critical business need isn’t getting satisfied. When you need a new employee, you need them now.

Interview Questions

• nterview questions usually try to work out whether or not you can actually do the job; however, some interviewers come up with very strange questions to see how people cope with them (or, if they’re honest, interviewers get bored and want to spice things up!).

These questions don’t help them to see how well you’ll do the job, but they can show them how you react when you’re thrown into the deep   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Bayer in January 2009.

Interview

One phone Screen, two in person interviews and one with the Field Sales Director. All questions will be about your back ground and any gaps. All questions are situational questions that you should be able to answer if you have done the homework on yourself. Each interview gets alittle deeper on the questions so called peeling the onion back.

Interview Questions

• The only diffuclut question will be if you are trying to hide somthing. Those that can't pass a criminal background check including DUI's need not apply. Don't waste yours or their time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bayer (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Two weeks later, the hiring Manager contacted me for a face-2-face interview. I participated in four interviews over a 2 month period before a job offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were challenged by your manager or teammate.   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize top customers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate because the offer was sufficient

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (State College, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very welcoming and friendly experience. Just be yourself and be confident. Make sure you research the company so that you are well aware of the pharma business and what the company has to offer. They like to hear about your past experiences as well and how it has primed you for working with their company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bayer in February 2013.

Interview

Several questings and 5 interviews

Interview Questions

• have you ever worked with a difficult person? If so, how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bayer.

Interview

5 phone screens over 4 months:
    1st phone screen with recruiter 1hr
    Second phone screen with hiring manager 45 mins
    Third phone screen with recruiter 1hr
    Fourth video screen with recruiter 1hr; prescreen for on-site interview
    Onsite interview scheduled;hiring manager cancelled 4 days prior to being on-site
    Fifth video screen ( Skype) with hiring manager 45mins

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bayer (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

First I got a phone call from recruit manager. He assigned a phone call with project manager at their client company. I got a phone call from manager. Usual behavioral questions. Some technological questions. Verbal skill check. Then manager assigned Skype interview with the tech lead and team. There was 5 or so people. Asking mostly tech questions.

Interview Questions

• OOP basics. Pointers. References. Constructors. Garbage collector. Some logic questions. Design chess game.   Answer Question

Lab Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bayer (Kansas City, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to apply and then an in person interview 1 week later. I had two people interviewing but it can be up to 3 people. It was a fun interview and they came with a list of questions. I was told, after being hired on, that if they skip a lot of questions during the interview, they don't like you. But Lorena and Mark were very friendly and funny.

Interview Questions

• Can I be flexible with the hours that I work?   1 Answer

Lab Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bayer (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process lasted for about an hour: first 30 minutes the interviewers talked about the company and in the last 30 minutes they asked questions, about 21 of them. Very nice, relaxed and conversational. Did the interview and got an offer that same day.