Found 2,471 of over 9K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Pay and benefits were good with great 401K match." (in 355 reviews)
- "Good work life balance if we complete our timelines of project on time" (in 342 reviews)
- "Bayer has accumulated great people from all over the CPG/OTC industry and put them together in one place." (in 321 reviews)
- "15th month pay is good" (in 187 reviews)
- "Great culture and the people there were really helpfull" (in 177 reviews)
- "The management was poor." (in 136 reviews)
- "The general atmosphere is that managers have privileges that non managers employees don't have." (in 62 reviews)
- "Senior leadership try to reinvent the wheel then going to what has always been done." (in 56 reviews)
- "Upper management is unwilling to listen to new ideas or implement processes that would better serve customers" (in 42 reviews)
- "Current Senior Management is a shame for such wonderful working place." (in 22 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Bayer and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 3.0Sep 1, 2023Business Intelligence ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsSaint Louis, MO
Hybrid work environment, great "next level" managers. My ideas are heard, and we are given flexibility to try things outside of the box. I'm not micro-managed in any way, shape or form. With that said, you still have to deliver. I'm also glad that the constant organizational 're-orgs' have slowed down. Those used to be one every year or two. The focus on culture.
Crop Science isn't necessarily a stable work environment. I've been through at least 4 (Monsanto, Searle, Pfizer, Monsanto (Pfizer divested Monsanto), Bayer) corporate takeovers. The IT department is a huge money drain. I guess it's that way for everyone. The focus on culture.
- 5.0Sep 18, 2023Data EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSan Luis, CO
Respect people, chance to grow
Huge organization, some times it takes time to get things through all the departments.
- 5.0Sep 12, 2023Sr Data ScientistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChampaign, IL
Great culture and benefit package.
Sometimes projects are going slowly in the big company.
- 5.0Aug 28, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeBerkeley, CA
Investment into the Berkeley site - facility for Cell Therapy manufacturing. Great development opportunities if you speak up and follow through.
Bureaucracy. Only so far to move up if you don't want to relocate.
Bayer Reviews FAQs
Bayer has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 8,524 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Bayer to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
74% of Bayer employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bayer 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.