Belk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.2

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ridgeland, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Belk (Ridgeland, MS) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy and I got the job and I was suppose to go through 2 interviews but she ended up doing both the same time. She made me feel really comfortable and I wasn't nervous at all doing the process.

Sales Associate - Home Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Belk (Concord, NC).

Interview

I applied on indeed for a sales associate position, it wasn't clear what department do when I was redirected to their career portal I put general. It was a group interview with 4 other people (which I loved personally) and it consisted of telling a little about ourselves. There were questions like what was our favorite part about working for our precious employer and how we sold things at that company. They seemed interested in seasonal employees but I was offered a full time permanent position in the home department, because they asked what we were looking for. It's great and innovative of Belk to put people where they feel comfortable and not necessarily where they just need people. In overall the process took 48 hours from me applying, getting the call to come in for an interview the next day and getting the job. I REALLY loved the group interview, amazing idea, it really helps put everyone at ease and also shows the employer your chemistry with other people.

Interview Questions

• In your previous jobs what was most important to you and useful in terms of selling.   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belk (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I was contacted several months before my actual interview about the job opportunity. I had to email multiple times and reschedule my initial phone interview more than 5 times before I actually spoke to the recruiter, which was a bit frustrating. After that I was asked to do a small design project that I also had to push back several weeks after not getting the details as planned and some personal obligations. After completion I had an actual interview with the design team and was offered the job. Everyone I met was very nice and seemed easy to get along with. The facility itself seemed to have lots of light, and they were doing renovations to make it even better. On site gym, coffee bar, and cafeteria. It was a very generous offer, but I ended up declining because I was given less than a week to decide, and less than two weeks before my start date, which would not have been fair to my current employer. I also did not like that the desks had zero personal space, just a small desk right next to your coworker/boss with no divider or cubicle or anything. As an introvert this working style would be really distracting, although I could have gotten used to it if I had to. Hopefully companies will start realizing that SOME personal space is needed to do your best work, especially for a designer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a conflict with your supervisor and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Women Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belk (Winston-Salem, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. they called be about 3 or 4 weeks later for an interview. my interviewer was friendly and after she asked me questions and roleplayed a sale, she took me and showed me around the store and in the back stock room. Very professional but friendly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Belk in August 2017.

Interview

I met with a representative at a job fair. Interview was scheduled for three days later. Interview took place at a local Belk store. Interview was professional and pleasant. I was presented with a few options and told that I would be contacted in a few days. I was contacted two business days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation where you had to resolve a conflict between you and someone else.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Belk.

Interview

I first applied on the kiosk in their store. Then I followed up with my resume to a manager. Within a few weeks later maybe 2? I was contacted on the phone for a phone screening interview. Then I was set to come into the store. I was dressed to impress. I was nervous but once I was in the door and having the in person interview. I was able to be at ease. Was in the HR's office and just ended up answering her questions easily. I was offered the job right after that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belk.

Interview

I had two separate interviews. One for Clarins and one for Elizabeth Arden. Elizabeth Arden went great, but it was with the counter manager and not HR. Clarins, was solely with HR. The HR rep actually laughed at me for asking about having a more consistent schedule versus the normal sporadic retail one, which still irks me to this day. Ended up not getting a position in cosmetics because I did not have enough field experience, but took a sales associate job. Getting a call back took a while. I applied in February and didn't get a call back until April. No real questions were asked. Just my availability and a little about myself. More of like a normal conversation. Aside from the rude moment from HR, it was overall a very pleasant experience even though I didn't get the position I wanted,

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belk in June 2017.

Interview

It was great. Very interactive. The reason why I didn't get the offer is because I was 17. The HR was highly disappointed by that, because I made a good impression.

Interview Questions

• What does selling mean to you?
      Do you see yourself as a leader or follower?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belk (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

I went in for interview with sales manager. All they want is open availability. It was very quick and sweet. It wasn't scary or intimidating. They seem to want people that can work anytime.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Belk (Greensboro, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

It was terrible, Extremely unorganized, multiple interviews, offer was given over the phone, no offer letter, store changed hire date continuously. So set standards for new hires new hires in limbo as to when to start