Belk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.3

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belk (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Applied online in December (During Seasonal ) got a call to come in and interview for Estée Lauder, Bobbi brown, Chanel & Laura Mercier ( interviewed with all 4 counter managers ) they basically talked about what their company represents and we discussed past experiences with both beauty and sales ! ( they are big on sales ) afterwards I did a demonstration with Bobbi brown a week a later a received an email to take a talent assessment two days later the account manager for Laura mercier contacted me for a quick over the phone interview (discussed past experiences) three days later I received a call from Belk's HR with an offer for Laura Mercier Full time .... long process FOR ME but well worth it !

Interview Questions

Interview

Put in an application on a Monday, got called for and Interview Tuesday, HAD the interview Wednesday, and started training Friday. It takes 24 hours to put you in the system.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Belk.

Interview

Phone interview asked very brief and general questions, was brought in for a series of interviews with buyers. Each of them asked me different questions, mostly just reviewed my resume. It's an entry level job, so they basically just wanted to make sure I was computer literate and easy to work with. Entire process took about 4 weeks (which is longer than usual)

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belk (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

There were multiple round of reviews, from team members all the way to the business partners. They were rigorous, and you are able to meet with your potential team members.

Interview Questions

• Specifics about the role, experience, and some situational questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Textile Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Belk.

Interview

The interview wasn't very difficult, but the recruiter wasn't entirely professional. I attended the employer presentation the previous day and wasn't entirely interested in the company based on what they showed, and it hindered my previously positive outlook on them. Honestly I have no idea what they wanted because while they chose to interview me, they seemed to have only slight interest in my portfolio. Kind of glad that I didn't get the job, but their professionalism in recruiting and responses leave much to be desired.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Belk (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online but I went personally too. When I got there, the counter manager was very welcoming and we briefly talk about my experience. two days later I had an interview with the Cosmetic Manager at Belk and he was very nice, very interested and I felt very comfortable. After two days I had an interview with the Lancôme Manager and the Executive on Sales and Training in my area. They were amazing. Very nice, I felt comfortable and they ask me a lot about my background and experience. A lot of experience/ comportamental questions related and it was great! 30min After the interview they called me with a proposal and I am in.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate your team? How do you deal with someone that is not is a good mood?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Belk.

Interview

The hiring process was very easy. I applied online and called the store to let them know my application was in. A week later I was called for an interview. Two women interviewed me. I was given an offer after the second interview and accepted. I've been working there for 5 years and I love it very much.

Interview Questions

• They ask me an i comfortable with selling   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belk.

Interview

I was filtered through a recruiting specialist, hiring manager, and store manager. The process was pretty easy. I was shown in by the recruiting specialist that hired me, had the standard tell-us-what-you-would-do-in-this-position chat with the hiring manager, and went over open positions with the store manager. That's all there was to it. It was a very relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to go above and beyond in your workplace.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belk (Waco, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Friendly, asked honest questions about previous employment, no question were asked that were meant to trip me up. Interviewer was very open with what the job entailed and what was expected.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belk in November 2016.

Interview

The whole process took 2+ months. Applied on the website and heard back from the recruiter to set up a call. Passed the phone screen but was told i'd be a better fit in another position and went on to have a phone interview with the hiring manager; it was a really short 30 minute phone call with a total of 3 questions that were asked. Ultimately, I was not selected to move forward. Pretty standard hiring process, but overall, Belk is very very slow at following up. I had to contact the recruiter multiple times to get any sort of feedback or response.