Berkadia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Berkadia

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkadia (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2018.

Interview

What a waste of time.

The hiring manager required that our first 30 minute phone screen was only to be done using some funky homemade video conferencing software they have. I spend many hours a week in various video conferences and never have even the slightest technical difficulty, but their software is garbage, filled with console errors and the connection drops every 60 seconds.

I had two interviews scheduled. The first time when the video failed, I contacted the recruiter who gave me a dial-in number to a conference call, which was such poor audio quality I could barely understand the guy and it dropped after about 2 minutes. Never got called back.

I decided to give him a second chance. He was instructed by my recruiter that if the video didn't immediately work, to call me directly using a normal phone, not their lousy conference system. So I take time out of my workday to accommodate this unnecessary video chat. I wait and wait and wait for 10 minutes. The guy never even connects, and he never calls.

Do you think as an interviewee that you'd be given a second chance if you no-showed to an interview? Heck no. So why on earth would I tolerate this from an interviewer?

What a waste of my time and how extremely disrespectful this hiring manager is. Good luck finding anyone willing to work with you when this is how you behave. Maybe only people who are desperate and have zero standards will put up with this nonsense.

Interview Questions

• No intelligible questions were asked because he was impossible to understand.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Berkadia (Midvale, UT) in May 2018.

Interview

I was brought in to interview for their expanding dev team. The interview consisted of mainly personality questions with some deep dives into the technologies I had listed on my resume. They're a company that really values feedback as I was asked what I thought could be done to improve the process. Overall it was a really great interview to determine if I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions

• Mainly personal questions and questions about past technologies I'd worked with.   Answer Question
    • How does the Node event loop work.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Berkadia (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Simple procedure. They needed an intern fast so I got a call back after a week. The job was not an internship, more of a clerical position and pay a student less than a full time employee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiable salary

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Berkadia (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

I was asked to have a phone interview followed by an in-person interview with the reporting managers and a final interview with one of the executives. The interviewers were very pleasant and gave me a good feel for the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• You sell popsicles at a popsicle stand. You have a long time customer that usually buys two everyday. One day your manager tells you, there's a one popsicle per customer limit. Your long time customer comes to you and asks to buy his usual two. What do you do?   1 Answer

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkadia (Midvale, UT) in April 2018.

Interview

This was a four part process interview, which began through a recruitment agency. This position was for an onsite location in Midvale, UT.

The first interview was via video chat (a phone number to call into was an option) with "the gatekeeper" to ask a few short questions about experience on previous projects. It lasted 10 to 15 minutes. Following the interview, he sent over a HTML/CSS/JS test with the goal to build as much of a dashboard as I could without going over 4 hours. I then zipped that project up and sent it back to him for review by him and the person I would be interviewing with next.

The second interview was also a video call (except I didn't have access to a computer at the time). We mostly talked about my thought process behind building the dashboard the way I did and how I would have completed it. The focus was on technical with a little bit about the goals of the department.

The final interview, as told by the recruiters, was to be purely a social and team compatibility interview before an offer would be given. Instead it was a series of hypothetical situations to the point where I felt like I was interviewing for a different job (more focused on user experience rather than user interface design and development). I was primarily being questioned by one of the three interviewers and felt belittled when I didn't answer to his liking.

The interview resulted in Berkadia shelving the position as they realized they didn't know what their actual needs were. Had there been an offer I would have turned it down as I wasn't thrilled at the idea of working with some of those interviewing me.

Their office is really nice and is divided into teams.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Berkadia (Midvale, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an onsite interview with the team.

The phone interview included an overview of the company's direction, the expectations of the position, and a review/validation of the credentials on my resume.

The focus of the onsite interview was culture fit and technical understanding.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berkadia.

Interview

Applied online, went for an in person interview and had a follow up phone interview with the MD. Really an easy process, not difficult. If you have 1-1.5 years of XP, you outta do fine.

Interview Questions

• Generic financial real estate questions, cap rates, pricing, pro-formas, etc.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Berkadia (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

It as a very lengthy process and I felt like it was more of an an interrogation. Too many people in the interview all asking questions that just felt typical and unrelated to the actual position. They weren't very open to feedback about what the position would be.

Interview Questions

• Typical question of how I multitask seemed most important.   1 Answer

Client Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Interview

Had one interview two managers and later met the director. Interview was conversational, mostly focused on relationship management experience and ability to multitask. Everyone was really nice and the company seemed to value their employees with generous vacation policy and 401k matching.

Interview Questions

• Recalling certain stories and experiences to relate to question. Specifically, instances where I went above and beyond for clients, how well I multitasked and how I was able to work with a not so happy client.   Answer Question

Unfortunately, the line of work was not exactly a fit for my career goals and the salary was lower than I was expecting.

Technology Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Berkadia (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

HR had reached out to me via Careerbuilder, informed me about the position. Initial interview is with the entire team via Video chat with one individual in the office. the last interview is with the manager of that office.

It appears in my interview, the decision was left to the High director of the office to hire for this position