Best Doctors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Best Doctors

2.7

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Doctors (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

First round:
    Technical Phone Screen. Very soft questions

Second round:
    On-site. Met with a senior developer and the hiring manager. Very soft technically. Everyone seemed very unhappy with their jobs

Third round:
    On-site. Met with another senior developer. Stronger technically but also very unhappy being there. Met with the Development Manager. He seemed under-experienced for his position. There was a long delay until I heard back.

Final round:
    Was supposed to meet with the president of the company as a formality before being offered a job. He cancelled. Then, I received notice that the job was off with no explanation. This was very unprofessional.

Final notes:
    The location is great. Everyone seems frustrated and unhappy. Several developers said they feared for their jobs if they raised concerns about process and/or quality. Developers don't include quality into their process. They're missing experienced leadership.

Overall, I would have liked to work there. I felt I could have made a positive impact in the lives of most people there even though I know it is currently a negative work culture.

Interview Questions

• In general the job interview process was weak, technically. Most technical questions seemed like they were asking for advice or direction on a current problem they were having.   1 Answer

Case Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Doctors (Quincy, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online for Member Service Representative position. Received an email within a couple days to schedule phone interview. Initial screening with HR. Spoke with a very nice woman and she informed me that the case coordinator position would be a perfect fit based on my experience. I agreed. The company cares about finding the right employees and also ensuring that their employees find the right fit for them! Met with two sets of supervisors. They asked questions about my experience obtaining records, working with different facilities, time management. Key points focused on organization, time management, high volume. Very attentive to my answers. After emailing the supervisors and thanking them for their time, I received an offer within a couple of days. I was impressed with the interview process. The volume is high. Stress is high but there is lots of support. Leadership shows appreciation for their case coordinators. Since I have been here, everyone has been very supportive. Flexible schedule. Casual dress. Great training program. If you need a Supervisor they are there for you but other than that you are given space to complete your work.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Can you please name different strategies that you would use to obtain records from a difficult facility?

Q2: Can you give me an example of how you handled high volume and what you did to ensure that your work was completed within your work day?   1 Answer

Case Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Doctors (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through a referral, took a couple of days for the initial contact.

First screening : interviewed by the Human Resources via a phone call which lasted 15 minutes before offered to come for an on-site interview.

Second screening: Arrived at the company, was told to contact a staff member, who did not show up. ended up waited 15 minutes for the supervisors to arrive and was interviewed by 2 people. Staff were friendly and welcoming. The whole interview process took an hour.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Doctors (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

First was the phone interview, then was asked to come in for a 5 person interview (was there for almost 4 hours). Each person asked different questions & by they end they could tell I was out of gas. I thought I had great meetings with each & was excited about the possibility of getting the position. Sadly, I did not get the job. I never heard from HR, I had to contact them weeks later to see if I was still being considered. They should've contacted me & told me why I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer
    • If I gave you $1mil to start a business, what would you create?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Doctors (Boston, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the receptionist/HR assistant who was very nice.

I was then asked to come in for a face to face interview. I met with the HR rep, the dept director, a dept manager, then the person in the current position before I was asked to complete a quick skills assessment (3 hours + in the office). Interview questions were mostly situational questions, I remember being asked how to choose between two equally important priorities how do I choose?

For the skills assessment, I was given 10 minutes to create an org chart in Powerpoint and insert some graphics. I was also asked to jazz up and edit a 2-page handout sheet. In ten minutes I felt a little rushed to do both activities.

That evening, I was asked to complete a personality assessment online that asked what I thought of myself, listing about 50 character traits where I selected boxes. The second portion of the assessment asked what I thought others thought of me, with the same 50 character traits.

I did not hear back from the recruiter for several weeks when they said they were looking for someone to start immediately (Providing 2 weeks notice to my current employer is asking too much?), it was a cop-out response.

Overall seems like a good company to work for with a lot of opportunity. I heard great things about the director's ability to empower her staff and department.

Interview Questions

• How do you choose between two equally important, urgent tasks?   Answer Question

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Doctors (Boston, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with my now Manager.
    Scheduled the in-person interview with me for 2-3 weeks later.
    I was scheduled for a 4 hour block of interviews with 4 different people. Very intimidating at first, but after the first meeting, you begin to feel at ease. I felt I was gaining the opportunity to meet with a head of each different department. They were very straight forward with where the company was currently at what their expectations were.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. Sympathetic to the fact that with 4 interviews in a row, questions were bound to be somewhat repetitive.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

I met with different people from the different departments and my future team members.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Best Doctors (Quincy, MA).

Interview

I was working with a recruiter. It took about two weeks to get an interview. It was an in person interview with the Director of Clinical Operations and Managing DIrector of the Occupational Health Institute. The Director of Clinical Operations spent over an hour with me. She felt I could easily learn the skills I needed and told me so. The Managing Director was much tougher and in a rush to write a proposal-he spent 15 minutes with me.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you when you when you don't know anything about orthopedics and occupational health.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Doctors (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

Informative. 3 people one after the other.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you wan to work here?   2 Answers
    • Why are leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They do not pay much. Would rather have temps

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Best Doctors (Quincy, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Met with a few team members, then another time with CTO. Team members were solid. Talked about regular development problems and how to handle them. CTO was rude and abrasive. Seemed to be looking for something. Defensive about use of SalesForce as platform for product.

Interview Questions

• How does Best Doctors compare to other companies?   2 Answers