Best Yet Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Best Yet Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrick, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Best Yet Market (Merrick, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Quick and the questions were good. The interviewer was really nice. Basically told me what the job was going to be like. The questions weren't too bad. The woman who interviewed me said they'd get back to me the day after so it's very quick.

Interview Questions

• Which is better: good product or fast friendly service   1 Answer

ASTL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Yet Market (Bethpage, NY).

Interview

Joke of an interview. They have people that are laughably unqualified for their jobs actually interviewing others. The incompetence at the Office level is honestly astounding. The level of corruption in the job selection process is a certain cause for concern

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Yet Market (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied via Snap a Job and was called less than a week later for an interview. The interviewer spoke English with a huge accent and it was hard to understand what he was asking. I left there feeling confident I got the job but was never called back.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Yet Market (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

the interview went well i was asked what position i was applying for i told him cashier he asked if i had any experience told him over 20 years asked what shift i wanted i asked when would i hear from him he said within 2 hours and i was hired within 2 hours of my interview

Interview Questions

• what postion i was there for   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shirley, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Yet Market (Shirley, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Oh you have a pulse come in for an interview Tuesday

What is your prior experience
     What is your availability
    What is your limit of hours.
     What is your prior experience
     What are you available to do
     How many hours can you work

Interview Questions

• Oh you have a pulse come in for an interview Tuesday   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Yet Market (Bethpage, NY).

Interview

For this position, interview was pretty much down to can you count and read ? If you do, you have a pretty good chance of being hired. I had to negotiate my pay because what was initially offered was minimum wage. Other than that it should be fairly easy and straight forward.

Anonymous Employee in Hempstead, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Yet Market (Hempstead, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied on Snagajob and the front end manager got back to me pretty quickly. Just had 1 interview in the office and it was pretty casual, manager was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What was one thing you liked about your last job?   1 Answer
    • What was one thing you didn't like about your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for the salary because I requested a salary based off of my experience. A helpful tip is to request what you want to make as long as it is reasonable because if you have the experience you will get it and if you don't, and the salary you requested isn't too far fetched, the worst they will do is lower it to what they can give you.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Process was smooth, simple, basic questions.

Negotiation

None i started at 7.50 which was lower than everyone else

Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Yet Market (New Hyde Park, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Just went over resume with the store manager and made sure you weren't crazy, went over job description, and met department team leader in which you would be working under.

Interview Questions

• Whats your availability like?   1 Answer

General Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Best Yet Market (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was brief but professional. I was asked typical interview questions regarding my experience, work history, goals, ect. After the interview I was informed I would have to pass a background check. After the background check was confirmed I was able to negotiate a pay rate and was able to begin work within a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years.   1 Answer