BeyondTrust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.7

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BeyondTrust (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy, they ask some technical questions. First you will speak to the recruiters and HR then speak to the tech department manager and director. Pretty straight forward. Make sure you get in writing that you don't want to be an at-will employee.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BeyondTrust (Aliso Viejo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I got a call for an interview by phone, we talked about 20 minutes about my background and current position, a basic screening.

One week later the second call was to test my technical skills, it went ok, I answered most of the questions ok.

So far so good I was excited for the opportunity. I was sure I could get the job, since I have 10 years of experience and I was applying for a Junior position, but I was doing it because its close to my home.

So one week later I went to an interview face to face, several people interview me separately, they asked me to solve some problems, I think It went well since I presented the solutions and explained the difference other solutions.
    Very easy technical questions, I was motivates since I think I was doing very ok.

But then came other guys, one short guy with very bad mood, by the reaction, it looked if he was forced to be there, I tried to be polite, tho.

He started to ask questions completely unrelated to the technical question, asking me about my English level and my Spanish level,
    then he started to ask question like "Do you have green card?" surprised by the question since I already clear that out in my screenings,
    I said no, but I had a work permit (EAD) while my green-card comes out.
    Then he asked, "So you have no green card? But you came legal? have a visa?" I started to be nervous because all that issues were supposedly clear and it was not of his concern, the lady that made the screening had that solved, but still I needed the job so tried to be polite,
    I told him that my wife was American Citizen and I had an AED, but I became definitely nervous and that kinda put me down
    from then I could not focus on anything else, he asked more details about it, by the way he was asking the
    questions and for his tune I knew I would not get the job and I just wanted it to end the interview already, but for politeness I just continue with it,
    it was humiliating and it kinda let me knew I was being discarded, he pretended not to understand me most of the time.
    He asked me to solve a problem, but he was very detailed how I should write my code,
    he was annoyed if I was writing a character wrong or a non well tabuled code int the whiteboard,
    I am not sure it was a question, he was basically dictating code I should write, he did not give me chance to solve it by my own or to make my own code.
    I forgot anything else from there of his interview, he was trying hard to put me nervous and he made it.

He asked me a question about methods, I knew the answer was "virtual method" and I answered,
    he said "are you sure? is there even a word 'virtual' in C#?". I was intrigued how somebody who did not know C#
    was doing the interview. I was pretty sure about my answer.

The last guy just came, game his name and asked if I had a question for him, that was all,
    he just answered and left, I kind of felt like it all was a waste of time for him.

I really liked the first 3 interviewers, they made me feel like I was going to enjoy to work there,
     but the rest were not a good experience. I went home sick after that, too much stress I felt unwelcome.

Be ready if you are going to apply, maybe it is an strategy to have you psychologically and emotionally drained before to answer some questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about algorithms and security. Very Basic.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BeyondTrust (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

One of the best recruiters I have ever dealt with. It was SO nice to have the recruiter actually keep me informed through the interview process. She (this is the recruiter at BeyondTrust, not an agency) called me the day after I sent the resume- I was impressed! She was very friendly and did not make me feel 'interrogated.' I actually enjoyed my talk with her. Made me comfortable.
    I did not get an offer and this recruiter actually let me know--it was quite refreshing to not be left hanging.

Interview Questions

• Asked the usual HR questions- also seemed to know what to ask regarding marketing(my field)   Answer Question

Security Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BeyondTrust.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter via job hunting websites. I had a phone screen with her about basic information, such as and available entry time. Then I was asked to write a summary about my background and things I have done for personal development. I felt very uncomfortable and during the phone interview. She acted like I should beg her to get a job or an interview opportunity. And she talked like she was giving me orders instead of communicating with me. Worst experience with a recruiter.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BeyondTrust (Aliso Viejo, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I am a recent college graduate. I met them at a career fair, giving them my resume with email. The next Monday, I got an email to set up a phone interview that same week. The phone interview lasted around 25 minutes and the guy over the phone was really friendly. They were looking for someone to replace 2 of their guys in the audits division at Aliso Viejo. The questions were really general, asking about what I did my last year of university, what I do on my free time (relating to the job), what made me apply for that position, how I seemed to fit in that position, etc. Afterwards, it was a general Q&A and he was really patient in explaining the job position and responsibilities. I thought the phone interview went great but I never got any contact from them since.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply for this position and how do you think you fit?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BeyondTrust (Andover, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Several phone screenings, one onsite interview with key executive, then 5 or so more onsite interviews with hiring manager and other stakeholders. Most were weak interviewers who seemed unable to drive the conversation and make it relevant to the job opening and requirements. Did not sense much excitement from any of them about working for the company and this role. Product is narrowly focused on a dull market segment. Role seemed poorly conceived, reporting to one person and dotted line reporting to at least two others – would probably be impossible to please anyone. Pretty clear the stakeholders either did not know what they wanted or disagreed on what they were seeking. A fair number of other candidates had also gone through the process and been declined. Though advertised as a product marketing role, might better have been described as a sales lackey role since it had much less to do with marketing and more to do with supporting sales. Sales exec appeared to have an inordinate influence in selecting candidate for this position, yet did not really seem to get what marketing does other than serve his tactical needs. Two interviewers who would be more junior peers had limited work experience outside BeyondTrust, one had never worked at another company. One interviewer had not even bothered to read my resume and was completely winging it. Regretted spending as much time as I did preparing for various interviews given my experience meeting them.

Interview Questions

• Generally unstructured interviews, some asked a few standard questions.   Answer Question

Operations and Sales Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BeyondTrust (Leeds, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

Face to face followed by a telephone interview with other members of the team. BeyondTrust have a different interview for each role as it has to be the correct team fit. I felt confident in this approach knowing they look for the best person for the job.

Interview Questions

• Attitude towards certain situations and how to approach them. BeyondTrust look for a positive attitude and this comes through in their questioning.   Answer Question