Bigpoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bigpoint

2.6

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bigpoint (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Send my resume and got a call for an interview after 3 days.

Interview Questions

• How will you make a boring game fun?   1 Answer

Low Salary Offer

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bigpoint (Hamburg (Germany)) in July 2013.

Interview

Got a call 2 days after my application and had an Interview a week later. This was with multiple people, but as they were looking for a uneven matched team (skilled and unskilled to support each other) that was okay. The next day I got confirmation.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bigpoint (Hamburg (Germany)) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a very pleasant overall experience. The teams (HR & Hiring team) did a very good job with the interview process. I initially had initial interviews through skype then I was invited to visit the office. The HR team is very helpful and informative about schedule, process and other things to consider about the role. Interviews are always on time and notices has been provided in advance. They are helpful to answer any questions. The approximate interview process is about 2 mos and there are two weeks interval per step. And even there are some waiting time in between interviews, the HR team has been very helpful on updating the status of next interview schedule.
    The instructions for onsite interview are well planned, precise and helpful. All things I needed before the interview such as flight tickets, hotel accommodation, how to get to the office (including screenshots of google maps direction) are well prepared and documented. During the onsite interview, HR & Hiring team are very warm and accommodating. Hiring Team spent enough time to screen my application which showed how serious they are about each candidate and how they value time and effort.

There are no results yet, but I can say that even I got the job or not. I had a very pleasant experience.

3D Character Artist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bigpoint.

Interview

A HR representative contacted me on Linkedin if I was interested in applying for a character artist position. The very next day I got a skype Interview with the HR where I was asked different questions about my general preferences in games, software I use and relocation preferences. A few days later I was booked for another Interview, this time woth the Art Director. He was kind and funny. It went smoothly with a few more technical questions which were easy to answer. Overall the experience was great, however I did not get hired for the job.

Associate Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bigpoint.

Interview

My application was moved forward and one of the HR people gave me a Skype interview. They really liked me.

However, a week after, they rejected me, stating that they have found other candidates with more experience.

It's funny, why even interview me if I wasn't experienced enough in the first place? Was a waste of time preparing for the interview.

Interview Questions

• If a friend can describe you using one word, what would it be?   1 Answer

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bigpoint (Hamburg (Germany)) in January 2015.

Interview

received a very detailed mail on how interview process will move. Hiring team was very helpful. Cleared my written test and reached my first telephonic interview round. Problem here was they sent another newly hired Senior Producer to interview me. I personally believe that companies should never send the same designation employee to interview another. As many negative factors could lead to the wrong decision. Person quickly took my interview saying that he was satisfied with my all answers but it turned other way round when hiring team got back to me.

Interview Questions

• Quick Overview of career so far?
      Challenges/conflicts faced and handled during development?
      Why Bigpoint? etc..   Answer Question

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bigpoint (Hamburg (Germany)).

Interview

I was referred by a recruiter, to their Hamburg office. First, I was given an extensive written test. I passed that and went to the first round interview. It was via Skype (since I'm in the US) with another producer. It went well and came away feeling like the company was a very good fit. I was then scheduled for a second round interview via Skype with their Creative Director. A few days before the proposed time, the CD "was too busy" and had to reschedule. Fine, no problem I said. With the new time in place and a few days later, they then apologized asking to move it again to a time because said Creative Director was "too busy" again. I saw this as a red flag and asked the recruiter to have them remove me as a candidate. I'm not going to go work with people who are "too busy" to do their job. It shows a lack of organization and someone who thinks whatever they deem important or unimportant (such as conducting interviews) to have too much sway. Nonetheless, the recruiter assured me they would get a new time. I agreed to a new time. I logged in, waited and waited and...no call from said Creative Director, no response from Bigpoint and at the point, I'm done. I then tell the recruiter I'm out and they just lost out on amazing talent and I certainly will not be recommending industry friends to work there.

Interview Questions

• Draw up a pitch for a new game/IP you want to present to upper management?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bigpoint (Hamburg (Germany)) in September 2015.

Interview

First there's a written test to filter out applications.
    Then a call, if you match what they're looking for then they'll invite you onsite where you have to prepare a case scenario and present it to the board of directors you've met on 1to1s in the last 48 hours. Basically think of 72 hours of case scenario work and the 14 hours of interview.

Interview Questions

• Your event does not work as good as last time. What do you check to find a solution for the next one?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bigpoint (Hamburg (South Africa)) in August 2016.

Interview

At first very quick. As BP was trying to push for immediate hire in the position. However, BP did not feel I was not suitable for one position but instead another, which I was also okay with. They made a hard sell on a product and position that was obviously not as cool as some would want to a be producer on ( a bit overkill), but I was on board due to their enthusiasm and need for the position and what it entailed. After explaining they were in need of a "leadership role", with experience in all disciplines of game dev, I was totally on board after discussing with the hiring manager.

Then came the onsite interview with team. I arrived, and the paper and pass they gave me had the original position. Not a big deal but thought it was weird. My onsite was from 10am-2pm with Project Manager, Game Designer, Art Director, Lead Engineer and the "Heads" of specific departments (Art, Project Management, Game Design). So I waited almost 40min for the first interview to start, in which no one told me anything, but instead I had to email the recruiter to see if people forgot. Finally it happened, and it was painless. I thought it was interactive and communicative and felt more like a conversation at times, instead of being grilled. Then there was lunch with the team which was fine. Also the group interview with the Heads was also pleasant and felt like a positive conversation rather than being subjected under the spotlight as if you were being interrogated. Overall, I thought everyone was very nice and thought I had actually done very well at the onsite.

Time passed more than a week to get a result, and finally I got an email saying "although I was a pleasant guy, they thought I wasn't creative enough" Personally, I was a bit annoyed at this response considering, they have an Art Director, with a Head of Art position on top, and a Game Designer with a Head of Game Design position...basically each position had a subordinate position has a "head" which is fine. So how many creative heads do you need? I am not going to push creativity in the interview as they mentioned the need for a leadership role. I pushed the interview in that area. Which made me realize that, having a team onsite interview like that, no one will every be happy with the candidate. Either one person may feel threatened, or some may not like the personality, or skillset, etc. So it was a lost cause just based on the team interview process. After knowing BP's reputation from the past, they still have a long way to go in terms of how they go about hiring and matrix.

Considering I was already in the Germany, this process still took a very long time and would imagine they will have a tough time hiring more positions like this in the future due to their hiring processes.

Interview Questions

• Game needs to be delivered at Month A, but it won't be ready with full features instead you need 3 more months to deliver with full feature set. What do you?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bigpoint (Hamburg (Germany)).

Interview

Friendly atmosphere, job and industry related topics: market, competitors, marketing strategies, games you play, previous experience.
    1 day interview with heads of departments: marketing, bi, creative services, production, HR. Interviews were relaxed and industry related. Communication between interview was good, also they answered back quite fast and the offer was as requested.

Interview Questions

• If you can choose only 3 KPIs to track for a game which ones will be?   Answer Question