BitTitan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BitTitan Interview Questions

Interviews at BitTitan

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BitTitan (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

pretty easy questions the bar is really low compared to other IT companies. after working in this company for a while, I know how hard for them to hire an engineer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BitTitan.

Interview

I applied thru school career fair. Got an email told me to do an online challenge. After two days, I heard from the recruiter that they want to move forward and do a on-site interview. The questions are standard and common interview questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Involved a one hour long interview with a given problem. Got the interview through university recruiting and was interviewed on campus. Started off by going through my experience followed by a technical question.

Interview Questions

• The problem was to find the smallest palindrome in a given string   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BitTitan in December 2017.

Interview

Spoke with the recruiter for an hour. Very positive conversation, strong alignment to the role, saw me as a strong candidate, discussion on salary, and when I could start. Next steps were clear and I followed up straight away, thanking for her time. No response. Followed up a couple more times. Zero response from the recruiter since. Totally disrespectful. Totally turned me off this company.

Interview Questions

• General skills review; discussed how I'd driven marketing in the past with examples of leadership, business results, cultural fit.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BitTitan (Kirkland, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with HR Recruiter. Short, friendly interview, invited to attend event the following week. For the most part, employees were very friendly, only a few were aloof. Did not advance following meeting with salespeople. Qualifications did not meet the role extremely well. Process moved very quickly. Definitely a growing company looking to add people quickly.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BitTitan (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I've been in big corporate for many years and I want to try things different. That's why I gave it a try when this company reaches to me via LinkedIn even I never hear it before.

Well, the interview was pretty smooth and easy. I have been quickly notified I was doing well in the interview and they are interested in my background. The strange thing is they never propose a detailed offer in several follow-up phone calls till I have been invited to their office again to have chats with their executives. During the visit, I have been told the paycheck from my previous job is way beyond their acceptable line (to be honest, my salary package is quite common for a solid developer with ~8 years experiences in US). Well, I got some numbers which is ridiculous for me and my family - I have to say the option side was disappointed too but it is expected because the company has more than 60 employees now.

One thing caught my attentions is the group of persons who interviewed me are really of low quality engineers compared to other startups in Seattle area. That is not a surprise to me after I saw their average salary from Glassdoor, what type of "developers" they could get if they only want to pay ~80K per year?! They should move outside of US to get their cost down.

I feel bad for the time I waste on this company.

Interview Questions

• binary tree, merge sort and questions in email technologies (not make a lot of senses if you are not in that domain)   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BitTitan (Kirkland, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied to BitTitan after seeing an advertisement posted on Linkedin. Glassdoor spoke very highly of the company and how it's one of the best companies to work for in the Seattle area. The Talent Acquisition team contacted me within 24 hours of applying and we set up a time via email to speak over the phone for an initial phone screen.

The interviewer called me 5 minutes past our scheduled time (seems to be par for Seattle tech companies), and she broke down what we would be talking about on the call. First, we very briefly went over my experience and what i'd be looking for in a future role. I was excited to work for a smaller startup as an FTE as my past positions were contracts with large tech companies.

She then gave me a background on the position and what is involved. She did say that their motto is "Get [expletive] Done" - which I was a little taken aback by, but it's a start-up, so no biggie. There were no behavioral questions - just a simple introductory call.

She asked me what I was looking for salary-wise and as I was answering we got disconnected. I waited 10 minutes for a call back before I finally pulled her number from our email and called her back. She answered with a very odd, "Hellllloooooooo?" This is where the interview took a really negative turn.

I assumed the problem was on my end and apologized for the disconnection. She asked me the salary question again, and I mentioned that it would depend on a number of factors, but I was curious what someone in that position usually starts at. She replied with, "Haha, Noooo, I asked you first."

I told her what I earned hourly in my last two positions. She literally replied with, "Oh, I know, I'm not [expletive] I can do the math." This interviewer from BitTitan just used an incredibly insensitive term on an initial phone call. I couldn't believe it. I instantly thought if I had a high level candidate and forwarded them onto the her for further persuasion, would they get the same treatment? The same lack of professionalism? I was instantly no longer interested in working for such a company.

Finally, the interviewer ended the conversation with a generic, "We aren't really moving forward on this position very quickly, but if we decide to, i'll be happy to reach out to you for another interview." Which is obviously a veiled rejection, and it contradicted what she initially said. Even if she or anyone from her company reached out to me again, I would instantly reject their offer for another interview. The unprofessionalism, immaturity, and gall of the interviewer makes BitTitan a hard-pass.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BitTitan (Kirkland, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted via email after filling out their lengthy online application to come in for an in person interview. I then interviewed with three people, one at a time, but initially I was asked what my salary requirements were. I said I would be flexible but she needed a number. I gave her a low number and then asked what their range was for the position. She replied with I am not sure, but around what I had said. The interview questions were pretty standard. Some technical, some not. I was told they were interviewing other.people amd that I would hear something back by the end of the week.

About a week after the first interview I got another email asking for a second interview with hiring managers. They asked me more technical questions and there were two people, one at a time for this one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when setting you did took systems down unintentionally.   1 Answer
    • Please list the steps you would take to troubleshoot a vending machine that was not working properly..   1 Answer

Negotiation

Even though they forced me to give a number in the beginning and I gave a really low number, they actually gave me a very fair offer that was spot on the market rate for the position and my experience so I didn't have to negotiate much. I was quite surprised but clearly they did their homework as did I which was why I knew the offer was fair.

Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BitTitan (Kirkland, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

This was the best interview period I ever had. I apply on Tuesday, got a reply from HR and given an online test. Finished the test the same day and got an invitation for onsite interview for Wednesday. I was greeted with friendly and casual people, we had a great interview and I got their OK at 9pm of the same day. I mentioned that I wish to move fast due to having another offer waiting for my decision, the recruiter schedule another on-site interview on the next day. I came in for the last interview, met with the Developer manager and the team lead again. The manager did not seem to very enthusiasm at first, I figure because of the tight schedule and my request in short notice, but after 1 and haft an hour talk, questions and answer, he show a lot of interest and even suggest I stay for a quick view of the actual product. I received the offer on Friday and accepted, it was the quickest and most awesome job application I ever had and I do hope it to be my last for at least the next 5 or 10 years.

Interview Questions

• Detail questions about database and API design. There were also quick question on Javascript framework and best practices.   Answer Question

Software Design Engineer Interview

Interview

It was easy to get an interview,I went through three interviews. People were friendly but sometimes misconceive your silence to think with you being stuck, they were trying to help I guess...nice working place,mini cafeteria, mini gym, smiley people all around,nice location too, and the interview questions were of easy to average of difficulty and the whole process was fast and they were easy and open to communicate with. be yourself and don't stress over it (like i did).