BitTitan Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
BitTitan CEO Geeman Yip
Geeman Yip

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free food, best espresso I've ever had at any job during my career (in 11 reviews)

• This was one of the coolest places I've ever worked in terms of having a good time (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • You're allowed 1 work from home day/per week in Sales (in 3 reviews)

• But after a while with all the screaming, name calling, and back stabbing it just isn't worth it (in 4 reviews)

"There’s a lot of tech companies in WA and I still choose to stay at BT"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at BitTitan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Super smart coworkers to learn from
    * A huge new office with all the free food and drinks you could want. Even beer!
    * The company has the energy of a startup but the stability of a mature company
    * The company is growing so there’s opportunities for career growth if you stick around

Cons

* Everyone is super passionate about their jobs which can lead to some heated discussions when there’s a disagreement
    * We’re growing so fast its taking upper management some time to adjust

"CEO is a Disaster"

I worked at BitTitan full-time

Pros

The people, or should I say former people, at the company were incredible. But enough have gotten the heck out voluntarily or been unfairly laid off that even that's not there anymore. There is also a lot of food.

Cons

Everything else. The CEO is an absolute whackjob steamroller who only sees his vision, yet blames everyone around him when his products aren't successful. The VPs are all greedy, they overwork their teams yet refuse to take pay cuts when the company is financially struggling. So many bad decisions, bad management, no job security. This company is about to go down the drain.

Advice to Management

Fire all your current management, get a new CEO, treat your employees like human beings.

"The company leadership is sinking the ship"

I worked at BitTitan (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the hardest-working, smartest, and helpful people I've had the privilege to work alongside. Great food. Challenging and fun projects.

I admire the CEO's perseverance over the last 10 years. It takes a strong person to do that. However...

Cons

The leadership of the company, with a few wonderful exceptions, are tanking the company. They don't really listen to input, feedback, or tearful pleas at all. The CEO regularly belittles people, and he thinks he knows everything there is to know about your job, even if he's never even done it.

In several meetings in a row, the CEO managed to insult me, my team, and our work without even trying. Apparently, Insulting is one of his strengths. Too bad Leadership isn't one of them.

Many fantastic people, real assets to the company, have left or been dismissed in the last few weeks, I have lost count.

These are clear indicators that this is the beginning of the end for BitTitan.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves, learn to listen, and think about your people once in awhile. Without them, you are out of business.

Remember that EVERYONE makes mistakes, EVEN YOU. Yes, you do.

Rather than berate people, learn to encourage them. You'd be surprised what they can do when motivated by positive feedback, and encouragement.

"Where have all the good time gone?"

I worked at BitTitan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The rank and file staff are brilliant, energetic, fun people ranging from all ages and walks of life. Nice perks like food and a lot of agency with projects and initiatives but...

Cons

Your gift of agency leads to nothing. The leadership team will constantly move the finish line, change systems, processes and people on a monthly bases so your constantly trying to maintain current knowledge of what your company does and whom you should be working with. Ultimately, your forced to deliver a bad product/service because you're constantly getting the rug pulled out from under you. The CEO drives a culture of death marches to unrealistic and arbitrary deadlines resulting in unbelievably poor quality products being brought to market. They will blame you for your projects short comings and force you out because you can't turn their water into wine. Bad all around.

Advice to Management

Try listening to your employees. They are your answer.

"The Death of Camelot"

I worked at BitTitan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free food. Flexible time. Good co-workers. That's really it. It's a facade but up to make the company look better than it really is.
    If you are lower down on the chain, it's probably not a bad place to work but as you move up, the problems start.

Cons

Much of the cons others have noted are true. Management is lacking. Workload is unbearable. It starts at the top and when the CEO is a bully and thinks he can do everyone's job better than they can there is a problem.
    Unfortunately, this used to be a good company. However, once it grew past a certain point, it started to go downhill. The investor funding was the big killer, or at least the timing of when things started to really go bad. The change in product direction has hurt everything from customer relations to development. The company is floundering and will fail unless something drastic is done and that probably means limiting what the CEO can do before he guts every department.

Advice to Management

Nothing said in a review will make them change. This is more a warning to others to stay away.

"Screwed over and lied to CONSTANTLY - Recommend to your enemies"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I worked at BitTitan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No accountability i guess can be good if you don't want to grow or be challenged. Free food. Good people work in midlevel. Company parties bring you back to college.

Cons

I'm just going to make a list cause putting all the things wrong with this place in paragraph form would be a novel, one I'm considering writing.

- Executives are ego maniacs that do not take any outside advice.
    - Software testing is done by non trained regular employees doing "Bug bashes a week before the code goes into production.
    - The revenue targets keep going up even while they admit the product has failed.
    - The revenue is not tracked properly costing employees thousands in bonus structure commissions with explanations of "well that just extra anyways".
    - The new product is basically just a way to make instructions.
    - NO training program
    - Executives that don't even know what the product does or how our clients work with our technology

Advice to Management

Operate like a normal company, Stop being so damn cheap and actually fully staff your customer management teams to be able to support your giant client base which is getting smaller by the day.

TEST YOUR SOFTWARE UNTIL IT WORKS IN ALL SCENARIOS CLAIMED

Have a backup plan cause your stock isn't going to be worth anything.

"Culture shift"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at BitTitan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Geeman is one of the most passionate CEO's you'll find in the business. His enthusiasm is contagious. There is no doubt he will continue to be successful as BitTitan transitions into more than just a migration company.

Cons

If you are into DEV or Support this is not a bad place to be.

As for sales if you like being lied to about commissions, cooked books, not getting credit for the sales you make, constantly fighting for the money you were promised, shifting messaging, constant fear for you job, and leadership that doesn't listen then this is the place to be.

Advice to Management

Elon Musk said it best:
    “Your title makes you a manager but your people make you a leader. We want our leaders to find ways of motivating and inspiring their teams, reduce the noise in their work and help remove blockers. If you are a manager or leading at any level at SpaceX, we stress that your team is not there to serve you. You are there to serve your team and help them do the best possible job for the company. This applies to me most of all. Leaders are also expected to work harder than those who report to them and always make sure that their needs are taken care of before yours, thus leading by example,”

"Thank you for getting rid of the bad apples"

I have been working at BitTitan full-time

Pros

Thank you for getting rid of all the bad apples. Previously we had an HR team that both I and my coworkers did not trust. I did not want to talk to them before because I feel there would be negative actions that would affect me for reporting things. They would also talk about me behind my back and others in the company. I didn't even know what they did because I never seen any output.

Cons

We give some employees too many chances and it sometimes takes too long to get rid of under performers.

Advice to Management

Get rid of people that don't contribute to success faster.

"Dishonest management and false marketing"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at BitTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Free drinks and snacks
    -Pool table and foosball

Cons

As other reviews have mentioned, this place is going downhill fast. Majority of positive reviews are misleading and written by the company. CEO and company approval went from 30% to 80% in 2 months.... hmmm? The sales team is underpaid and you will be lied to about bonuses. High performers are regular leaving the company. Look elsewhere if you're in the job market.

Advice to Management

Hire a new CEO and exec team that can turn this ship around.

"Not what it was"

Pros

Despite growing in side the company has maintained it's good benefits like unlimited PTO, a gym and free food.

Cons

The biggest negative about working here, as others pointed out, is that the leadership can be extremely sexist. These issues have been brought up to HR, I know others who brought it up as well and nothing is done. I get it's a laid back environment but having a department outing that asks employees to dress "sexy historical figures" is not appropriate anywhere

Advice to Management

Address the issues that keep being brought up.