Cover image for Bitly

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Bitly Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 54 of over 54 interviews

Recruiter18%
Employee Referral18%
HardAverageEasy

Bitly

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bitly

Interview

The process of interview is very bast and knowledge full and everyone fell comfort and easy and seek knowledge i completely understand and insured about the process of interview and deportment and like

Interview Questions
  • Personal information about myself and document's
    Answer Question

Bitly

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bitly in Jan 2023

Interview

A Bitly internal recruiter contacted me for a first interview by phone. Less than 2 hours before the interview time, they canceled it and wanted to reschedule. I did so and then they ghosted me at the rescheduled time. This is frustrating and unprofessional. If you're not interested in moving forward with a candidate, just reject them. Stop playing games, wasting people's time, and treating candidates like dirt. This reflects terribly on Bitly's recruiting competency.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

77 Comments

Tech

580.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Bitly~800313
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Bitly? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Bitly employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Bitly

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly

Interview

I applied as a localisation manager. After a few days, a talent acquisition manager contacted me and booked an interview. The interview was quite long and in-depth. At the end I was proposed to perform a translation test, which had to be completed in a few days. The test included several tasks and took me a few hours. Two weeks later I received an email saying that there are some things they need to clarify internally with some structural changes that make the company keep this process for the localisation role on hold. No feedback on my work. When I asked to be paid, since I delivered a translation, I received no reply about it. At the time of communication exchange, the position was still open on various platforms

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly (Hamburg) in Nov 2022

Interview

A phone call, a technical interview, a home task, and a board technical interview regarding the task. After all these steps they disappeared with no respond even after sending 2 follow-up messages. They ignored me and stopped responding !!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly (Remote) in Oct 2022

Interview

The Senior Recruiter reached out fairly quickly, less than a week and a half from the day I submitted my application. The first round interview, recruiter call, was the easiest to schedule and the Senior TA Partner was extremely pleasant to talk to. Their honesty in sharing how there has not been a consistent recruiting process in place, migrating one ATS to another, additional recruiting hurdles in place, and the need to have an additional recruiter to help alleviate their growing pains, all of these things resonated with me. The conversation went so well that the Senior TA Partner asked at the end of the call if I would be okay moving forward to a second round interview in a matter of a few business days. The second round video interview with the interim TA Managing Director left a lot to be desired from the conversation. I personally felt that someone immersed in the TA space, in particular at their level of importance at Bitly, should be aware of the intricacies of the U.S. labor market and recruiting processes. The examples I shared during my interview clearly went over their head as they interrupted multiple times to seek clarification of terminology and nuances. I was also extremely turned off at their at-home distractions; They would ask a question, I would begin to share my answer and they would have a conversation with someone to the side of their screen. Multiple times I just sat in silence until they came back off mute to ask me to repeat myself. I did not leave the conversation feeling confident after the interview, to put it bluntly. I wasn't selected to move forward to a final interview, and that's OK with me considering the disastrous and unprofessional second round interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Bitly

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly in Oct 2022

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me to schedule an introductory call. We spent 15 minutes on the phone with me sharing high-level information about the organization and asked me (2) questions about my experience. I've been in recruiting for 15+ years and it's my opinion that you can't get enough out of a 15-minute call to make an informed decision about someone's candidacy for a role. At the end of the call they expressed their desire to have me interview with the Hiring Manager based out of Germany. They also indicated they would like that completed by EOW. That was (3) weeks ago. I agreed to the next steps and then never heard from them. I sent a follow-up email (5) business days later and no response. Recruiting is our profession and it's our job to ensure that every candidate has a good candidate experience. Please follow up. We all know what it feels like to be on the other side of the coin searching for work. Let people know that they are no longer in consideration. Every ATS has an auto-reject email. It takes less than a minute to schedule one. We can do better than this and it's these things that give the recruiting profession a bad rap.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly (Venice) in Sep 2022

Interview

I had a first interview with HR, then they sent me a written task to complete and then completely disappeared without any feedback. The test was fairly time-consuming and it would have been nice to at least receive a feedback.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Bitly

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly in Sep 2022

Interview

Standard tech interview with internal recruiter and then hiring manager. Given a lengthy take home which took hours to complete. They said they would get back with me, but never did until asked via email. Said they'd decided to pass with no info as to why. Asked for additional feedback and after a long wait, the recruiter said it "was probably due to the team deciding to go with someone more senior". I asked for more feedback about the lengthy coding take home, and they said they'd get back with me about that. Never heard from the recruiter again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly (Berlin) in Jul 2022

Interview

The interview process was lenghty, unpersonal, the case study was not explained. it took the company 2 weeks after the case study to have an answer. They explained it was because somemembers of the staff were sick but even after 3 requests of feedback nothing concrete or professional was provided.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bitly

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bitly in Jun 2022

Interview

Not sure what the full process is like. I had my initial phone screening and it lasted 2 minutes. I was asked one question, what I knew about Bitly--and I responded. I was then asked if I had any questions. It didn't seem as though it would have mattered what I said or what I asked, the interview was coming to a close after 2 minutes. I didn't want to go further along in this process thinking it was a waste of time so I didn't ask anything else and was told that I would be informed of the "next steps" by email--which never came and I wasn't the least but surprised nor disappointed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 54 Interviews

Bitly Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Bitly as 49.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.05 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Engineer and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Product Manager and Account Manager roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Bitly takes an average of 23 days when considering 43 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Account Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 14 days), whereas Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 21 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Bitly according to 43 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 31.25%