Bitly Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 41 of over 41 interviews

Recruiter16%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Bitly (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Very disjointed process. The company reached out to me about a position, then scheduled a screening interview 3 weeks out. That interview went well. I was then offered to participate in the next round and asked my availability for the coming week. An interview was scheduled - outside the availability requested - 2 weeks out. Then the interview was cancelled last minute in favor of other candidates. 5 weeks to be cancelled on last minute. This wasn’t fair consideration of my time at several points.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about my experience with L&D processes and with LMS admin.
    Answer Question

Bitly

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bitly

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. Everyone on the panel was professional, friendly, and transparent in answering my questions. The hiring manager was very quick to respond during the offer stage in answering my questions and finding a start date that worked for both of us.

Interview Questions
  • What kinds of roles have I sourced for and what were my methods for harder to fill roles?

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Bitly

Application

I interviewed at Bitly

Interview

I waited a week for this phone interview which lasted 10 minutes. I prepared and looked up the company and I was barely asked any questions about my experience and how my experience would help in the role. The call ended with thanks you will hear from us within 2 days and then got a rejection email on Saturday. I expected a lot more. It almost felt like it was a pity interview. So disappointed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Bitly (Portland, OR) in Nov 2021

Interview

I was referred by an employee & was contacted by someone who had a Bitly email address, but when looked up on Linkedin, didn't list herself as working for the company? We had a phone interview scheduled - she postponed it. We had the phone interview - her child came in and interrupted no less than 4 times. Each occurrence, she engaged the child where I thought she was talking to me a couple of those times! She never apologized for the interruptions, for an interview she rescheduled, for an interview she was allowing to be constantly derailed. When we actually did engage, she was "frighteningly" informal/familiar - I describe it as such because my cringe was thru the roof thinking if one of my direct reports was speaking to an executive candidate like she spoke to me. She also scheduled it as a video call, but NEVER turned on her camera!! She closed by saying she'd be reaching back Thanksgiving week with interview times with the hiring executive. Never came - but I did get a weird decline email in the "it's not you, it's us" vein. Besides being a massive waste of my time and a complete disregard of the employee who referred me, it was one of the most disrespectful interviews I've ever sat thru. If Bitly is putting this level of effort into hiring a VP of DEI, it gives you insight/validity into the chatter of some of the big negatives around their workplace.

Interview Questions
  • None worth merit - I got a re-read of my resume with exclamations of "I love that", "that's is so innovative", "That's what we want to do here!!"

Bitly

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly in Jun 2021

Interview

I went through the following interview rounds, yet was I was not given an offer.: 1) Spoke with recruiter 2) Spoke with the hiring manager 3) Given a take home assignment, which I completed and apparently passed as I went onto the next round 4) Spent a good portion of my day being interview by 6 people, some of whom would've been on the marketing team I would be part of; some of which are external teams I could or would be working with. 5) Reconnected with the hiring manager After the 5th round, I was reached back out by the recruiter who told me they were going to proceed with other candidates, which was a disappointment. Overall, I feel like Bitly is trying to find candidates who checks off 100% of their requirements check list. There were definitely things I knew I would need to learn about the role and the company. However, there were definitely things I mentioned to the team that they were impressed with--things that would have contributed positively to the team, should they have given me an offer. To me, if someone knows everything for that position, they're overqualified for that job. I thought that for me to pass the take home assignment would've been evident enough that I'm qualified enough to take on the role.

Interview Questions
  • Interview questions level of difficultly ranged from easy like "Tell me about yourself" to questions that got a bit too much into the weeds that, in my opinion, takes a lot more thinking.
1 person found this interview helpful

Bitly

Application

I interviewed at Bitly

Interview

Recruiter was great... super responsive and encouraging. Team was super nice too and had great conversations with all of them. However, I was a bit offput by the complete lack of diversity in the panel. And then one of my interviewers asked me (a diverse candidate) about what it means to value diversity in a workplace... that was a bit awkward.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bitly (Lubbock, TX) in Apr 2021

Interview

I applied to the internship and then later scheduled a phone call with the hiring manager. From there, they send a coding challenge, then you meet with the larger team.

Interview Questions
  • Preliminary meeting questions: Name a problem you overcame and how; What kind of work have you done;

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bitly (New York, NY) in Dec 2020

Interview

There were multiple rounds: I applied via linkedin, which led to a phone screen, values across disciplines, portfolio review with hiring manager, take home without a presentation, which was then reviewed offline to pass to next round.

Interview Questions
  • How do you collaborate with teammates outside of your discipline?

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bitly (Denver, CO)

Interview

Very friendly people in all interviews. Questions were fair and thoughtful. I left feeling like they wanted to see my best. The product/management team was extremely intentional about finding people that fit Bitly's culture.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bitly

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly

Interview

30 minute interview with recruiter. Passing that I was asked to do a take home coding project. The take home project involved create an new REST API endpoint by taking data from a couple of different existing API endpoints. It was a fun but challenging project. They suggested the project would take 3-4 hrs but that time was unrealistic. After passing the coding challenge I had a 30 minute video interview the director of engineering. Most of that interview consisted going over your background and experience. There was an strong desire to understand what if any experience you had designing REST APIs.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Interviews