Bitly Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Bitly

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bitly

Found 32 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bitly (Denver, CO)

Interview

Very friendly people in all interviews. Questions were fair and thoughtful. I left feeling like they wanted to see my best. The product/management team was extremely intentional about finding people that fit Bitly's culture.

Interview Questions
  • Questions around API's and API integrations.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly (United States)

Interview

30 minute interview with recruiter. Passing that I was asked to do a take home coding project. The take home project involved create an new REST API endpoint by taking data from a couple of different existing API endpoints. It was a fun but challenging project. They suggested the project would take 3-4 hrs but that time was unrealistic. After passing the coding challenge I had a 30 minute video interview the director of engineering. Most of that interview consisted going over your background and experience. There was an strong desire to understand what if any experience you had designing REST APIs.

Interview Questions
Bitly
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bitly (United States)

Interview

It went very smoothly. I could tell they thought and cared a lot about the interview process and it really showed. They were extremely thoughtful and very forthcoming throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of behavioral questions and some technical questions about my experience and a technical design in the in-person interview
Application

Interview

Phone Interview with corporate recruiter, then Director of Customer Success. I had an onsite the following week that consisted of 4 interviews and took roughly 2 hours and final interview was with the VP of Customer Success over zoom.

Interview Questions
  • -Walk me through your resume.. -What previous experience do you have working with existing clients and maintaining relationships? -How would you handle a client that is looking to cancel? -What are your career goals? -What are some challenges you face when dealing with customers? -Why do you want this type of position/role and why would you be a good fit? -What are you looking for in your next role?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly (New York, NY) in Sep 2019

Interview

HR will reach out and schedule a phone interview with him. Then it's another phone interview with the head of the department. After that, they will schedule a 2-hour on-site interview with four different people in the team.

Interview Questions
Bitly
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly (United States) in Sep 2019

Interview

I applied to Bitly online via LinkedIn. A recruiter reached out to set up an initial phone screen interview. Next I completed a phone interview with the hiring manager. I visited the office to interview with two team members and the hiring manager. The final step was to interview with the department VP via video chat. Received an offer very shortly after.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your past experience. How do you prioritize different accounts? How would you approach an account trying to downgrade/cancel?
Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2019

Interview

The interview process was great! I was connected to a recruiter right away as I was a referral. We had a 30 min intro call where I got to give an overview of myself and then hear more details on the role. The recruiter was very knowledgeable of the role and if he didn't know the answer to something, he directed me to ask the correct person in my next interview. I then had a 30 min call with the hiring manager and was asked to come onsite for a 2 hour interview. I met with 2 Senior Account managers, a Senior Account Executive and finally the hiring manager. Everyone was super easy to talk to and it felt more like a natural conversation than an interview which I really enjoyed.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a typical client life cycle for you. And then at what point would you approach the renewal conversation and how would you go about doing this?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly (New York, NY) in Aug 2019

Interview

The standard interview process, however, what stood out was the engagement and communication of the team. Process included: • Initial recruiter screening • Stakeholders interview(s) • Presentation to panel The best interviewing process I have ever experienced!

Interview Questions
  • What questions do you have? Critical in showing your understanding of the role you are applying for and interest.
Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly (Denver, CO) in Jul 2019

Interview

The interview process is VERY lengthy so be ready for many interviews, assignments / tests, and presentations. After many screens, there is a homework assignment, then a group interview, more 1 on 1 interviews, and finally a panel presentation.

Interview Questions
Bitly
Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2019

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, had a brief recruiter conversation, a 30 minute call with the hiring manager, an onsite consisting of 5 interviews with mostly potential team members. The on-site was mostly with technical and product staff for the team. One interview was a culture fit with a project manager from elsewhere in the company. Most interviews contained broad questions about approach and thought process. One interview was a case study where we went in depth.

Interview Questions
  • How would you bootstrap a data problem if you didn't have a readily available dataset?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 32