Bitly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bitly

3.2

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bitly (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

You do a phone screen, a code test and then an 4 in-person interview. There is live coding session, a architecture round, a culture fit and generic round. The live coding session is not about your ability to code and people should not stress about it like I did.

Interview Questions

• What does your day to day look like when you are programming?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview -> at home technical assessment -> in person series of interviews (cultural, technical, technical again). I went through the process and things went well, but I never heard from them again after the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Use this whiteboard and draw up how you'd build our service   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was made up of a phone screening, a code challenge, and an in-person series of four interviews. The in person interviews were for the most part fun and casual. Everyone was friendly and I got the feeling they wanted me to succeed. I had a good experience, but after a few assurances post-interview that they would be getting back to me asap, I never heard anything.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bitly (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

For the most part it was good, however there is a sense that it is very controlled. for example, meeting with those who would likely report into me to get an understanding from their end and ensure synergy before moving forward

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied to Bitly in November and the process took about 2 weeks.

The interview process started with an initial phone call from Lexi. She was extremely straight forward and honest regarding the position I was applying for and answered all questions I had, which was quite a few. After passing that round, I was asked to come in to the office and meet with the CRO, director of sales, team lead and members of the team that I would be working with.

The interview process is taken seriously here. They actually take the time to get to you know you to make sure you would be a good fit. Everyone was extremely friendly and very upfront about the structure and what my day to day would look like. Being here for over a month now, I can say they vet you well and really take the time to introduce you not only to those you'll be working with directly, but the entire company.

Great company with great leaders who want to see you (personally) succeed!

Interview Questions

• -What previous experience do you have working with existing clients and maintaining relationships?
      -How would you handle a client that is looking to cancel?
      -What are your career goals?
      -What are some challenges you face when dealing with customers?
      -Why do you want this type of position/role and why would you be a good fit?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted my resume and heard back fairly quickly for a phone screen with talent team. Phone screen lasted about 15-20 mins. About week and a half to two weeks later I was asked to come for an onsite interview which consisted of 3 back to back interviews.

Interview Questions

• What website/company do you think Bitly would be a good fit for and why?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly.

Interview

1. Phone interview with a recruiter
    2. Then virtual interview with Hiring manager
    3. Next is coding challenge
    4. Interview with Team

I stopped after 3 because salary expectations were a lot lower than I expected and there was no relocation assistance.

Bitly Response

Jun 24, 2019 – HR & Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for considering Bitly, and exploring a role with us. We use competitive and up-to-date market data to design our compensation packages for our teams. We do appreciate your feedback!

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bitly (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Very long process - over 2 weeks. Very friendly HR manager - but seemed unsure of what the role would end up being. Not very clear on the precise job I would be doing.

Got to the meet in person portion but I didn't do so well (I was sick and it was a rainy day). Seemed like a great opportunity for the right fit.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why would you fit in well with us?
      2) What are two important qualities of an EA?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bitly (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online--quick response from HR. Very pleasant HR rep. Scheduled a phone Interview shortly afterward. Phone interview was easy and pleasant. Scheduled phone interview with CSR Manager. Pleasant conversation and easy process.

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bitly (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screen followed by two onsite personal interviews. Had to go there twice which i didnt like. The process is not streamlined and coordinated well. The second phase of onsite was very confusing.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions:
      Explain a situation of conflict with a customer?   1 Answer