KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Bitly Reviews

Updated Jan 12, 2022

Found 49 of over 54 reviews

4.3
Bitly CEO Toby Gabriner (no image)
Toby Gabriner
Pros
  • "After too many years of being complacent, Bitly finally seems to be on a growth track that people are excited about(in 7 reviews)

• "Very good working environment for sales(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing pains of any start-up, young management team that is growing and improving with the company(in 3 reviews)

• "Bitly also made the classic mistake of growing a sales team rapidly and in an unsustainable fashion(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Been around for a while but still on the up and up!

Jan 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

great compensation/benefits, making real efforts to keep us united while a lot of us work from home, haven't worked with anyone who i don't like. making genuine attempts to improve DEI.

Cons

none that i can think of

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Thanks for your help

Jan 3, 2022 - Costumer Service in Canada, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good job they're offering to us thanks

Cons

They're doing well ,and let them continue

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Ups and downs

Dec 15, 2021 - Sales in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Brand recognition and significant use of freemium accounts enabled easy entry to enterprise customers.

Cons

Organizational stability, strategic leadership, product/market fit

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nov 16, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, proper compensation, good managers/leadership team

Cons

Can't think of any at this time

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Bitly review

Nov 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart and talented colleagues, plenty of opportunities to build, create, have autonomy, flexible fridays all-year round, unlimited PTO, now more focus on DEI and mental health. new leadership that actually cares and communicates. we have a company all-hands every other week. After too many years of being complacent, Bitly finally seems to be on a growth track that people are excited about. new leadership is a big reason for that.

Cons

Growing quickly and all the pains that go along with that. Can't hire fast enough but they are trying.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible culture and leadership. No trust and terrible approach to DE&I.

Oct 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relatively high salaries to try to keep people from quitting.

Cons

Terrible culture and leadership. Pretty much entire white leadership team who undermined meaningful DE&I efforts. Patronizing and untrustworthy.

3 people found this review helpful

Bitly Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is our highest priority to ensure that Bitly is a safe and inclusive place to work for everyone. The majority of our leadership team is new to Bitly, including our CEO, and we are working very hard to build an environment in which we respect and value each other. To achieve this, we have emphasized inclusion and diversity and we will continue to seek meaningful progress in these areas. Although we have much work to do, over the past year we have formed a DEI Core Committee which is focused on driving key DEI initiatives and goals across the company, launched our second ERG, and are in the process of hiring a VP of DEI who will report directly to our CEO.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great People, Afraid of Risk Taking

Apr 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Truly wonderful colleagues - Incredibly gigantic opportunity - haven't quite cracked it yet.

Cons

- Team gets stuck in analysis paralysis often - Should take more risks

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Job Review

Mar 4, 2021 - Sales Representative in South San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very fun place to work at

Cons

Not much growth for employees

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing people but not a winning model

Aug 7, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, collaborative and accepting culture that embodies corporate responsibility

Cons

They have a failing product that holds them back as an organization. Inundated with tech debt, innovation is their biggest challenge and I'm not sure they have the ability to adapt to the rapidly changing martech industry.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Interview Process and On-boarding

Feb 27, 2020 - SDR in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- the intro to Bitly was welcoming and the environment gave the ability to show my true professional self and how I can bring value to the company -the Peoples/Enablement team were on top of the schedule and really walked you through every step of the way -getting to meet every team in the NY HQ office showed how every team is connected in one way or another. It displays endless amounts of team work through out the entire company to help fulfill Bitly's mission.

Cons

Zero Cons, they have been so helpful with every process along the way.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 Reviews

Bitly Reviews FAQs

Bitly has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 54 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Bitly to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Bitly employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Bitly. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

86% of Bitly employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bitly 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Bitly to be management, culture, benefits and the cons to be career development, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Bitly Job Seekers