Cover image for Bitly

78% Recommend to a Friend
80% Approve of CEO

Found 55 of over 71 reviews

4.0
Bitly CEO Toby Gabriner (no image)
Toby Gabriner

78 Comments

Tech

641.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Bitly~800313
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Bitly? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Bitly employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Strong Product, Strong Culture, and Strong Leadership

May 24, 2022 - Digital Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The people: every person I have worked with shows respect, passion, and care for Bitly and for others. - The product: the product team and growth team are constantly experimenting and launching new features, edits, etc. which shows the passion! - The culture: as mentioned above, the culture focuses on respect, growth, and recently accelerating the initiatives in DE&I. There is an strong work/life balance, and mental health benefits with unlimited PTO. The management is respectful of your time, and skills and will help you succeed in your career. - The leadership: the leadership team is transparent, and respectful, and you can tell that each person on the team has a positive outlook for Bitly and the people.

Cons

Can't think of any at the time, honestly.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Toxic and Top Heavy Leadership

Jan 25, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote environment Time off for recharge

Cons

Back to back meetings with no time to get work done. Very slow to make decisions. They keep hiring more and more senior executives from large companies without staffing for key junior and mid level roles. Feels like the culture moved from one of accountability and getting things done towards one of just pushing the tactical work to overworked junior people so they can get the spotlight. Back office employees are treated like second class citizens and GTM and Tech are held to a much lower standard and get all the glory. I have never seen a company with so much turnover in HR over the past couple of years and is very concerning. Toxic white male leadership at the top that rule by favoritism vs facts and exclusion vs inclusion no matter what they say they’re doing for diversity. Very fake culture - you have to act like everything is great and that you drank the kool aid or they label you as problematic. They’re not looking to actually improve anything with their culture other than surface things that get them great place to work awards for bragging rights instead of addressing causes for turnover.

2 people found this review helpful

Bitly Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We continuously strive to make Bitly an amazing place to work and are sorry to hear that was not your experience. Bitly is committed to continuously seeking feedback from employees and welcomes your outreach to our HR department to discuss your concerns so that we can learn how we can improve. Please contact us at glassdoor@bit.ly if you would be open to sharing additional feedback with us directly.

3. Join the Bitly team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

NA

Jun 29, 2022 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

good company. incentives. work culture.

Cons

not flexible. long hours. distance for me.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Bitly review

Nov 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart and talented colleagues, plenty of opportunities to build, create, have autonomy, flexible fridays all-year round, unlimited PTO, now more focus on DEI and mental health. new leadership that actually cares and communicates. we have a company all-hands every other week. After too many years of being complacent, Bitly finally seems to be on a growth track that people are excited about. new leadership is a big reason for that.

Cons

Growing quickly and all the pains that go along with that. Can't hire fast enough but they are trying.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

n/a

Apr 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

positive, happy, fun, enjoyable. entertaining

Cons

time consuming, intensive, challenging, long hours

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Been around for a while but still on the up and up!

Jan 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

great compensation/benefits, making real efforts to keep us united while a lot of us work from home, haven't worked with anyone who i don't like. making genuine attempts to improve DEI.

Cons

none that i can think of

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Thanks for your help

Jan 3, 2022 - Costumer Service in Canada, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good job they're offering to us thanks

Cons

They're doing well ,and let them continue

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nov 16, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, proper compensation, good managers/leadership team

Cons

Can't think of any at this time

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Ups and downs

Dec 15, 2021 - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Brand recognition and significant use of freemium accounts enabled easy entry to enterprise customers.

Cons

Organizational stability, strategic leadership, product/market fit

11. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible culture and leadership. No trust and terrible approach to DE&I.

Oct 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relatively high salaries to try to keep people from quitting.

Cons

Terrible culture and leadership. Pretty much entire white leadership team who undermined meaningful DE&I efforts. Patronizing and untrustworthy.

6 people found this review helpful

Bitly Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is our highest priority to ensure that Bitly is a safe and inclusive place to work for everyone. The majority of our leadership team is new to Bitly, including our CEO, and we are working very hard to build an environment in which we respect and value each other. To achieve this, we have emphasized inclusion and diversity and we will continue to seek meaningful progress in these areas. Although we have much work to do, over the past year we have formed a DEI Core Committee which is focused on driving key DEI initiatives and goals across the company, launched our second ERG, and are in the process of hiring a VP of DEI who will report directly to our CEO.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 55 Reviews
</>Embed

Bitly Reviews FAQs

Bitly has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 71 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Bitly to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Bitly employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Bitly. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

78% of Bitly employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bitly 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Bitly to be management, culture, benefits and the cons to be career development, diversity and inclusion, senior leadership.