Black Angus Steakhouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Black Angus Steakhouse

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Black Angus Steakhouse.

Interview

First applied online. Basic information, working experience, then personality test. I called to follow up - any other manager is basically useless, especially when it comes to relaying information - so I went in with my resume asked to speak with the general manager. Gave my resume called to follow up a couple days later. She called me back and asked me if I can come in for an interview. Went had a talk in the back of restaurant. Then I was hired.

Interview Questions

• So, why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Black Angus Steakhouse (Pleasant Hill, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

On the spot interview...I grew up in the restaurant business and am very much service oriented. Either he was racist or feared I would take his place. Took him two weeks to finally say they wont be hiring for another 6 months...(cant be true cause they have an ongoing hiring process) Oh well, truly is their loss

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Black Angus opposed to another restaurant   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Black Angus Steakhouse (Santa Ana, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Came in, sat in a booth toward the back with the Gm. We sat and talked about previous server experience. I really liked her and we kind of hit it off I felt, so we ended up talking for quite a bit. She's really awesome. Some advice: if u are going to apply at this particular location, just go ahead and ask to speak with the GM. Because if you speak with any of the other managers you're just wasting your time. They don't relay anything to her...just speak with her directly.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Black Angus Steakhouse (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Easy and comfortable. Felt welcomed and opened minded. My experience matched perfectly, perfect fit. People were nice and helpful. Training was great. Lasted a long time and made decent money.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Black Angus Steakhouse (Brentwood, CA).

Interview

I walked in, I asked for an application I filled it out right then and there asked the host if I could coral to a manager and got an interview on the spot

Interview Questions

• how much experience do you have with the food industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Black Angus Steakhouse (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Went in to turn an application and had an on the site interview with a manger. After 15-20 minutes the General Manger came in to follow up and within the week I got offered the position

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Black Angus Steakhouse.

Interview

You get a phone screening, and if you pass that you get a face to face with the district manager. He asks you about your experience, motivations, and ambitions. Be honest, he fact checks everything, including your salary. They call all your references and don't move forward with the process unless they speak to them.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Black Angus Steakhouse (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

Staff manager will sit down with you then if satisfied they will have you interview with senior management.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Black Angus Steakhouse (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Walked in for an application got set up with an interview the next week. Asked basic questions, why I want to work there, why I would be good for the job, etc. Heard back within a week.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Black Angus Steakhouse (Pleasant Hill, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I got a call to come in and was hired after about half an hour of talking to the manager. It was a comfortable interview. More just explaining what the position would require. I was asked a few questions, many centered around customer service. I was told that in some cases it's better to have no serving experience because you can then be trained the way they want you. Luckily, I had none. And I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in a high volume restaurant?   Answer Question