Blue Apron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Blue Apron

2.5

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Apron (Dublin, CA).

Interview

I applied using my LinkedIn profile. About a week later, I received an email to schedule for a phone screening interview which went well and resulted to another phone interview with one of the General Managers.

The 2nd phone interview also went well, he sounded like I was the one they are looking for and stated to expect to hear back from them to schedule an in person interview.

1 week.. 2 weeks.. 3 weeks ..later nothing. I even reached out to the HR manager that did my phone screening and still did not get a response. I think that it would be really nice to get a follow up even though they didn’t pick you and not just leave you hanging.. it’s the right thing to do.

Interview Questions

• What’s the largest group of employees you managed and how did you manage them?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Apron.

Interview

I went in with 2 other candidates for the job interview. A manager walked us around the building and showed us where we will be working and exactly what we'll be doing.

Wine Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Apron.

Interview

Phone call with experience and motivation questions and explanation of company
    The first step in the interview process is to get shortlisted for interview. This may involve you sending a tailored CV and cover letter in response to an advertised position or going through an online application process. In some cases you may be headhunted or called to interview on the basis of a strong referral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Apron (Austin, TX) in December 2019.

Interview

I applied and went through two phone interviews. One was on the phone, and the other was in person. There were two people who interviewed me, one right after the other. They didn't have copies of my resume ready, so they weren't sure what exactly to ask. After what seemed like a good interview, I haven't heard back over 3 weeks after my second interview. Incredibly unprofessional and a waste of both of our times.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently at your previous position?   Answer Question

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Apron in October 2019.

Interview

Horrible first line recruitment lady! First interview is a screening interview with a recruiter to screen out people and see if they are willing to work for low wage! A recruiter called me located in Dallas, conducted interview was happy about the hiring prospect because of my background. Last questions asked was about my salary expectation. I asked her it depends on whats being offered. Basically she didn't want to reveal it until I told my expected amount. Then she demanded I pick the offer thats lower than the amount posted on their job board and refused to take my application forward until I gave in writing that I will not negotiate more than the low ball amount she threw my way. I was furious at this point and to add insult to injury she was demanding a response by the end of the day expecting me to change my mind. I didn't event wait a mintue before ending the call I declined her offer in writing. When blue apron outsource their recruiting work they need to vet these HR front line staff, no one with a some self respect would be willing to go through such process.

Interview Questions

• How you handle difficult situation with customers in your past job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Blue Apron (Austin, TX) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn. Recruiter set up time for phone interview. She never called, emailed or texted at scheduled time. It was disappointing, as I currently am employed, and carving out time for a phone interview took rearranging my schedule.

Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Apron (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

Everything was going smoothly and moving quickly. Hiring manager was accommodating of my schedule. After getting to the final round, which I thought went really well, I was ghosted. I followed up three times and never heard a peep. I find this extremely rude and unprofessional, particularly given the time and energy I put into the interview process.

Interview Questions

• strengths and weaknesses, time you made a mistake, etc. - mostly behavioral from what I recall   Answer Question

HVAC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Blue Apron (Linden, NJ) in May 2019.

Interview

Not Good; The Interview was more like judging people. They said that they normally compete against with other co-worker credentials. I've never hear them once say, we work as a team. It's like every man for him self.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Apron (Austin, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied via Linkedin. There was a phone screening and then an on-site interview at their offices. This was extremely positive. A supervisor gave me a tour of their facility which was incredible. The interview was conversational and one of the best one-on-one interviews I have experienced. I got a real sense of who the manager was, what they valued and their expectations.

Interview Questions

• With no guarantee of advancement, how will you handle of another co-worker is promoted?   1 Answer

CX Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Apron (Austin, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

The initial interview process was great and moved at an appropriate pace. Recruiter phone screen, then an onsite, then a 2nd onsite. However, I received a recruiter follow-up email the following week that she hadn't heard feedback from the team yet but would keep in touch when she has any news. After hearing nothing after that email for 2 weeks, I followed up again to ask if a decision had been made. The recruiter didn't respond, so it's now been over a month with absolutely no contact. This experience left a very sour taste in my mouth for this company. After speaking with the team for over 5 hours total, I'd expect an email at minimum.

Interview Questions

• If you had to cut your current team workforce in half, how would you maintain productivity and keep up with volume?   1 Answer