KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Blue Apron Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 174 of over 174 interviews

Other7%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Blue Apron

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Apron

Interview

1 background interview with software engineer. Interviewer was very nice. He asked about my background and classes I had taken. Definitely were looking for applicants who had more background experience than I had. Intro to algorithms and 1 software architecture class would have sufficed. At the time I had only taken an intro to coding class and was way underqualified.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about past projects/internships and classes I had taken. No technical coding questions.
    Answer Question

Blue Apron

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Apron

Interview

Company absolutely does not respect your time. HR call HM call with some domain knowlege questions Take home due by EOD of sent email Onsite no LC required. Pretty easy conversational and talk about take home proj. Told HR I was on a tight sched due to other offers coming and would not respond or acknowledging to any of my follow up emails. Complete waste of time and tc isnt the best. Would not recommend unless u wanna get ghosted after investing time

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Blue Apron

Join the conversation on

Confession

2m

a

Counsel

For the past three years, I’ve been procrastinating about canceling my Blue Apron account so I log in about once a month to skip my meals for the next four weeks. Part of me oddly doesn’t want to give up the offers for free meals I can send to friends/family…that I also haven’t gotten around to sending them lol. Anyone else randomly procrastinate over something pointless like this too?

3 Comments

Join the conversation on

Blue Apron

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Apron in May 2022

Interview

Initial phone screen with a 1 hour interview with the person I'd report to. Both went well except I was told in the phone screen it had almost nothing to do with Kubernetes and was a Manager position over Devops personnel doing pipeline management. In my second call I was told they would contact me for a second interview. After the interview I was completely GHOSTED with no feedback. The job was completely misrepresented. The person interviewing me immediately had a visceral reaction to my presence as soon as he saw me even though I was professionally dressed and professional. It was clearly explained the company has had a lot of churn and financial issues. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions
  • We run an almost 100% Kubernetes shop, tell me about your Kubernetes experience.

Blue Apron

Application

I interviewed at Blue Apron

Interview

Initial phone interview was about 10min. Next I scheduled an in person panel interview, met with 3 people from different departments (approx. 3hrs) The interview was fairly easy, and included a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
  • How do you manage employees that are not performing to standards?

Blue Apron

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Blue Apron in Mar 2022

Interview

an interview with HR. Then a technical interview with 2 senior engineers. This interview was a lot of fun. I was very comfortable with functional programming and I choose to write my code in JS. I was able to complete the problem in the time given. After that I had a cultural interview with the engineering manager where no live coding was involved but we did cover coding concepts. and how a particular assignment would be completed. The last interview was definitely the hardest.

Interview Questions
  • Creating functions to manipulate data. Going over how you would build something out in theory.

Blue Apron

Application

I interviewed at Blue Apron

Interview

Short somewhat thorough, but easy in regards to questions asked and points covered. Spoke with recruiter, then member of the production team leads, finally spoke benefits. I got a decent understanding of the role.

Interview Questions
  • Are you comfortable with the cold weather and standing for 8 hours?

Blue Apron

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Apron in Feb 2022

Interview

Was reached out to via email by a recruiter. He was very nice and very confident in my skills/match with the role. I did the first interview, the interviewer was very cold and dry and hard to gauge how she was feeling. I honestly thought she didn't like me, but I heard back within like 15 mins that she wanted to move forward. I was ecstatic. The next part was an assignment and presentation. I put in hourssssss of work and felt very confident in my assignment/presentation but the people on the other side of the presentation were insanely smart and asked questions I did not know the answer to. I got the news they weren't going to move forward with me like 15 mins after it was over. :(

Interview Questions
  • The assignment was 3 large datasets and about 6 questions to answer. There was no real guidance, just get the answers however you could. I used SQL and Excel. It required a pretty high level of SQL knowledge. Then make 2 slide decks to present, one with your results and one with your methodologies. Like I said, it required many many hours of my life to complete.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Apron (New York, NY) in Jan 2022

Interview

Relatively drawn out and opaque - they insist on stringing together as many interviews as possible into a grueling multi-hour session during which mostly nice and professional folks talk about their business, and some less qualified folks become extremely defensive for some reason and insist on asking gotcha questions pertinent to a proprietary setup. You will also be provided with a humongous “homework” - apparently, they expect normal people to ignore it. You will feel stupid for doing this homework, and even stupider for answering properly all the “superman” questions and tasks. All things said, you will waste a few weeks in scheduling hell, a few more days doing their “homework” and a few full days just talking to various people. No feedback whatsoever at the end of the process, so if you don’t get an offer it’s a complete waste - especially for a job one is certainly qualified to do.

Interview Questions
  • What was the most challenging task you’ve ever performed ? (and other boilerplate questions that are mostly there to entertain the interviewer)

Anonymous Employee in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Apron (Linden, NJ) in Jan 2022

Interview

The best approach of getting an interview is to go the open house . They accept anyone with no background checks . Anyone can get a job here , but one usually starts mostly on the 3rd shift .

Interview Questions
  • Are you ok to work in the cold . Are you ok to stand for 10 hours .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Blue Apron (New York, NY) in Jan 2022

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and a recruiter reached out to schedule an initial phone screening. That went well so we moved to the interview process and I had a video interview with another employee. I thought it went great but after that interview, I didn't hear back from the recruiter or the employee again. I wish this "ghosting" culture didn't exist in corporate America for professional roles because it just wastes everyone's time and is a bad look for the company. A simple rejection would do.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 174 Interviews

Blue Apron Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at Blue Apron according to 189 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 30.06%