Blue Buffalo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Buffalo Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

There was a phone interview, I had applied on line but not for this job. I thought it was an outside sales job. Then I was to meet in person, the interviewer was 45 minutes late. Not a good first impression.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the questions it felt like it was just a closing meeting and getting details on availability etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo (Stillwater, OK) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was very easy. Asked about my pets and asked me to describe some positive or funny stories about one of my animals. Interviewer did a great job of answering questions.

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo (Sarasota, FL).

Interview

Very easy and simple. The RDM met me at a cafe where she made me feel very comfortable. No difficult questions made to trip me up, very easy going. Questions were asked about my qualifications, background, what I expected from the position, etc

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be good in this role? What qualifies you for this role, How will you grow into this role   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. This is the low man on the totem pole role

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

Numerous phone interviews and one in person interview. Interviewed with screener, hiring manager, and then hiring manager's boss. Made it to final stage. Did not get a call or email informing me that I was not selected. When I reached out to hiring manager to see if position was filled, did not get any response. The process was fine, but no one had the courage or empathy to let me know what was going on.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you believe is an average work day for someone in this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beckley, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo (Beckley, WV).

Interview

Phone interview. It was friendly & relaxed, kind of like a test to see how I would/could interact with customers. I was asked about my pets, their names, etc. to see how capable I was of communicating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo (Athens, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call immediately. I was asked many difficult questions that consisted of many parts. I am college educated and some questions were hard to follow. I did not receive a job offer but I do admit I was not prepared for the interview and did not do a very good job.

Interview Questions

• They ask many questions. Some were complicated and had many parts. I am college educated but some questions were hard to follow. They asked about specific previous experiences at former jobs. Asked about my pets and if I fed my animals Blue Buffalo products.   Answer Question

Sales Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn. The posting kept getting deleted and reposted every week but redirected to the same posting on the Blue Buffalo site. I received a call 3 weeks later asking for a phone interview. Found the interviewer to be pretentious and it turned me off from working for the company. He wanted short, concise answers with specific keywords so he could fill out a worksheet he said he had. Once he felt like I talked too long or gave enough buzzwords, he would interrupt me by saying "OK OK OK OK great thanks, next question...” He asked me to explain most analytical terms I mentioned that he should have understood (base, lift, etc). I declined a second interview and am unsure how he is allowed in an applicant-facing role.

Interview Questions

• Normal top-line questions. Asked me to give a basic timeline of their company, asked for an overview of current job duties, why I want to work there, how my experience connects to the position, asked me my current salary.   1 Answer

Interviewer's demeanor turned me off from working for the company

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo (Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

I met with my regional manager at a restaurant, and got lunch for free. We discussed what my role would be and I was asked other questions pertaining to the job. I was also asked some questions pertaining to my love for pets, which in my mind solidified my opinion that this company truly does care for their product, and wants fellow pet lovers as employees.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with starting conversations with random people?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Being that this is a part-time job, there wasn't much negotiation. However, this job pays well and has benefits, so no negotiations were needed.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, resume, cover letter. I was then emailed asking for a phone interview. The phone interview was short and easy, simple questions. Then after my phone interview the area manager requested a in person interview at Starbucks, the atmosphere was relaxed she asked about my pet experiences and how I would approach someone in a pet store without their pet with them.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Blue Buffalo (Williamsburg, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

brief phone then meet up face to face for contract offer once accepted start employment paperwork that moment to get paid by that Friday, Then intro to company by regional boss who just hired you and some scenarios about what's expected on the job then drive to stores you'll be located in. then online homework that your also paid to complete, such as watching videos on how to approach people in stores and info about the company in general and all they do.

Interview Questions

• What do I like about house hold pets? What do I think about Nutrition? What do I know about Blue Buffalo? What do I think about starting up conversations with strangers?   1 Answer