Bluegreen Vacations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2018

2.2

Sort:

Corporate Office Interview

Interview

You get a lengthy phone call from a HR rep who will sweet talk you for about 20 minutes on the phone. Than they will schedule an interview with you. But before you go onto the interview you must do 3 tests! One is a personality test, excel and grammatical. Than they bring you into their office and do the interview its pretty straight forward. Yet, they make you take another test at the end! The HR department says they will call you in a few days to hire you. Than they write you an email saying they are not interested. It was like one of those automated ones you get. There was no phone call or polite letter it was just generic. I think this is a racist company just trying to meet their quotas. I think the government should take a look into their demographics of who is hired! All scams!!!

Interview Questions

• The unexpected test they make you take at the end is horrible!   2 Answers

Nov 8, 2016 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your honest feedback. I'm disappointed to hear you had a negative interview experience. Kindly email us at careers@bluegreenvacations.com if you wish to further discuss your concerns.... More

Interview

the interview process was easy and simple meet with the director in his office for about 30 min. asked me question about my previous experiences and life questions in general. nothing to stress over or brainstorm to answer. quick and simple process. got the job right away.

Interview Questions

• simple laid back interview mostly questions about yourself.   Answer Question

Apr 18, 2018 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback and interest in career opportunities with Bluegreen Vacations!

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2011.

Interview

Great questions and very knowledgably interviewers. The Management at the time made me feel very comfortable and at ease. Also very straight forward,, no trick questions or mind games.

Interview Questions

• What are my feeling about vacationing?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Boca Raton, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was great, the only issue I had was being left waiting for a bit in the lobby. Once I got started speaking to the people there, I had a great understanding about the company and the position that I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• There were no "gotcha" type questions. Unlike the fabled Microsoft or now Google interview questions, they people at Bluegreen were to the point.

Ver pleasant   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was also short, I wanted more $, but the HR manager politely pointed out that there was simply no more salary to be had.

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I was dealing with the district manager trying to lead a conference call while trying to conduct a interview, Asked me a few basic questions then made it sound like it's such an attractive position. They must hire plenty of ex cons or transient trash.

Interview Questions

Bluegreen Vacations Response

Oct 19, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. We are sorry your experience was a negative one. We have taken your feedback in a constructive manner and will do our best to help... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Savannah, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very strange and felt pushy, and desperate. I felt very welcomed by the person I was communicating with to apply, but I didn't find her until I entered the building, where I felt very un-welcomed by the front desk. I was not greeted or even acknowledged for that matter, and was not even sure who I needed to speak to because there were people all over the lobby and behind the front desk. I felt like I would be seen as annoying if I asked anything. This is the front desk area that is supposed to have helpful employees greeting guests on vacation who have no idea where they are. These guests want to feel comfortable and like they are "at home," but I felt like I was another nuisance they had to check in and go through paperwork for. Little did they know I was going in to interview, once they did, it seemed to get worse and as if they shouldn't have to deal with me. After finding out what floor the employee I was interviewing was on, I had to find my way around to get to where I needed to go. A few guests were in with their assigned greeters and I literally felt like I was invisible to everyone but some of the guests who weren't foreign. Overall, it was not a good vibe to get when entering an interview for a potential position that would be in that work environment. The initial feeling proved valuable because I felt like the interview itself was good but that there was something fishy going on. I didn't feel right about the employer's eagerness to answer my questions with responses only telling me that I will be fine and I'll learn then. I was told I was going to be trained, but training seemed like it was fake. My questions were regarding my roles in the position was told until the second steps. I was very interested in the job but skeptical and jumping right in to a new job without knowing much about the company. I felt like I was very rushed to make a decision and commit to the position immediately. I did not proceed any further.

Interview Questions

Bluegreen Vacations Response

Apr 18, 2018 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback and interest in career opportunities with Bluegreen Vacations.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (India, MS) in February 2016.

Interview

went well but company seems to favor certain people for certain positions. after that you complete the job info, background check and drug screening. depending on who completes it determines how long the hiring process will take.

Interview Questions

• one thing i enjoyed about previous employer   1 Answer

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Myrtle Beach, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through a online job hiring forum- wall called within the next day or two for in-person interview. Laid back interview, basically just chit-chatted and made a personality profile of myself. Described the job and the pay scale in better detail.

Interview Questions

• What personality type would your friends describe you at? Do you feel comfortable talking to large crowds of people? What would your current employer say about your job performance?   1 Answer

Jul 21, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback, it is valued and appreciated.

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations.

Interview

I had three Interviews including a phone interview, and two separate face to face interviews. I also had to take 3 computer assessment tests.

Interview Questions

• It was not a question rather a scenario where she pretended to be the customer calling in.   Answer Question

Nov 8, 2016 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your honest feedback!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Myrtle Beach, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

First contacted by recruiting. Recruiting set up the interview for me to meet to Resort Manager. Resort Manager greeted me and spent about 30-40 minutes interviewing and asking questions and was told that I might hear in the next few days. After about 4 days I received a call from recruiting setting up my interview with the Regional Vice president. I meet the RVP at the regional office and spent about 30 minutes with the Regional and again was told I might get a call in a few days. About 5 days later I received a call to come in for a panel interview with area Administrative Assistants. After completing of the interview I was called and offered the position by the Resort Manager pending the completion of a Drug Screen and a Background Test. The results came in about 3-4 days after and I was officially offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Resort Manager - Relevant experience, accounting knowledge, team work, and willingness to fill other roles, career outlook. RVP - My Career Goals, my lifestyle goals. Admin Panel - Relevant experience, career goals, stress management, employee relations, organization.   Answer Question

Jun 27, 2018 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and your positive review. Welcome to Bluegreen Vacations!