Bluegreen Vacations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Lake Mary, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I called in to request an interview. A man who I assume is a branch owner obliged. It was uncomfortable. He asked me several inappropriate questions prying into my medical history. He then scoffed at my previous work experience like it wasn't a real job.... I made twice as much at my previous job, so I'd say it was a real job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any medical conditions?   1 Answer
    • Well, I had a guy who actually had epilepsy that I had to let go.   1 Answer
    • Are you on any medications?   1 Answer
    • *Waits....   1 Answer
    • Well, I just need to know if they're going to affect your performance.   1 Answer
    • People who get sick really bother me. Do not call out sick.   1 Answer
    • Just don't do it.   1 Answer

Inbound Call Transfer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

A group open interview. After filling out a personality quiz/assessment, applicants were called in to group sessions, then for a one-on-one interview. Then, there was a near-immediate follow-up onsite for those they were hiring. Three of the departments managers were doing the interviewing. Mine was a really great persona and made a good impression on me. One, Ethan, was a bully, and started out by pointing at the group and snipping., "I'm going to be HARD on you!" In other words, a reprimand not only before we did anything wrong, but before we were even employees. His attitude greatly led to my decision to decline the job offer. However, also leading me to decline the offer was, the pay. The training was 9-5 for 4 weeks. The pay was $270/week. Not only is that insulting, but below minimum wage (I am not a minimum wage earner, so I would have declined even if the training wage was not in federal violation.)

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a bout yourself."   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter and went to the interview. I was the only one dressed up like the email requested. Email never mentioned it was a group interview. Sat in with two others. Left and within 24 hours sent thank you email as requested. Was told they'd contact us, never got a response. Never got a thank you to my thank you email or a welcome.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done face to face sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

it was a lot of papers for the application, the manager is very nice and knowledgeable. the interview was comfortable an educating. they will do a thorough check on employment history as well reference check. great interview though.

Interview Questions

Bluegreen Vacations Response

Dec 28, 2016 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing us with your honest feedback, it is very important to our success. Congratulations on joining Bluegreen, and happy holidays!

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

Email questions first, followed by brief phone call, two face-to-face interviews, then hired. First interview lasted about half an hour. Second interview lasted at least that long, then I was sent out to watch the other reps and eavesdrop on their pitches. I was hired, then spent another half hour filling out online "onboarding" material.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in the "gray" area? (Meaning, being dishonest.)
      Is job security important to you, because we don't offer that here? (Manager said he kept his briefcase full, ready to leave at any time.)
      What sales experience do you have? What is your average sales figure per customer?
      1 Answer

Nov 8, 2016 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your honest feedback!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations.

Interview

I met two people and they basically told me they hired anyone with warm blood and you couldn't have too many felonies. They didn't care about my background or experience. They smoked cigarettes and were very unprofessional. They made outrageous claims of first year expected incomes.

Interview Questions

Bluegreen Vacations Response

Nov 8, 2016 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your honest feedback. I'm disappointed to hear you had a negative interview experience. Kindly email us at careers@bluegreenvacations.com if you wish to further discuss your concerns. ... More

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Orlando, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Got interviewed for Activations Agent. Did a couple of online assessments, then got called in for a face interview with the department manager. Didn't really ask much about job history, just talked about the position and pay and asked if you were still interested in working there.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with the compensation plan?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

You fill out a huge packet for your personal info and background info in the front. You turn it in at the front office then wait for the hiring manager to interview you and do a overview of your job. You are most likely to get hired on the spot for this location because they're low on nightshift people. The whole process was very easy.

Interview Questions

• If I had any criminal history   1 Answer

Nov 8, 2016 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your honest feedback. Welcome to Bluegreen!

Customer Service- Senior Vacation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

Took a little over a week. First was a phone interview, then a personality test, an in office computer skills test covering sceneries, listening assessment, Microsoft word and Internet explorer. Within an hour of completing the assessment I got a call for a face to face interview for the next day. The face to face was answering a list of questions , answering questions I had and then an offer. Once given an offer rate of pay and schedule was discussed.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of going above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Where would you love to vacation and why?   Answer Question
    • Why do you feel it's important to stay with a company for many years?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you had to own up to a mistake?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed. They offered a pay more than what was posted in the job posting so I accepted.

Nov 8, 2016 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your honest feedback. Welcome to Bluegreen!

Frontline Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Myrtle Beach, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

Very simple and laid-back. My interviewer was mainly looking for the ability to hold an intelligent conversation and listening skills. I was asked to give some days where I could work, and I was told this was a commission based job (which I already knew).

My interviewer asked me about myself more so than anything work related. I am certain he was judging my communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Do you get nervous talking to other people?   1 Answer