Bluegreen Vacations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bluegreen Vacations Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

it was a lot of papers for the application, the manager is very nice and knowledgeable. the interview was comfortable an educating. they will do a thorough check on employment history as well reference check. great interview though.

Interview Questions

Bluegreen Vacations Response

Dec 28, 2016 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing us with your honest feedback, it is very important to our success. Congratulations on joining Bluegreen, and happy holidays!

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

Email questions first, followed by brief phone call, two face-to-face interviews, then hired. First interview lasted about half an hour. Second interview lasted at least that long, then I was sent out to watch the other reps and eavesdrop on their pitches. I was hired, then spent another half hour filling out online "onboarding" material.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in the "gray" area? (Meaning, being dishonest.)
      Is job security important to you, because we don't offer that here? (Manager said he kept his briefcase full, ready to leave at any time.)
      What sales experience do you have? What is your average sales figure per customer?
      1 Answer

Nov 8, 2016 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your honest feedback!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations.

Interview

I met two people and they basically told me they hired anyone with warm blood and you couldn't have too many felonies. They didn't care about my background or experience. They smoked cigarettes and were very unprofessional. They made outrageous claims of first year expected incomes.

Interview Questions

Bluegreen Vacations Response

Nov 8, 2016 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your honest feedback. I'm disappointed to hear you had a negative interview experience. Kindly email us at careers@bluegreenvacations.com if you wish to further discuss your concerns. ... More

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Orlando, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Got interviewed for Activations Agent. Did a couple of online assessments, then got called in for a face interview with the department manager. Didn't really ask much about job history, just talked about the position and pay and asked if you were still interested in working there.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with the compensation plan?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

You fill out a huge packet for your personal info and background info in the front. You turn it in at the front office then wait for the hiring manager to interview you and do a overview of your job. You are most likely to get hired on the spot for this location because they're low on nightshift people. The whole process was very easy.

Interview Questions

• If I had any criminal history   1 Answer

Customer Service- Senior Vacation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

Took a little over a week. First was a phone interview, then a personality test, an in office computer skills test covering sceneries, listening assessment, Microsoft word and Internet explorer. Within an hour of completing the assessment I got a call for a face to face interview for the next day. The face to face was answering a list of questions , answering questions I had and then an offer. Once given an offer rate of pay and schedule was discussed.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of going above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Where would you love to vacation and why?   Answer Question
    • Why do you feel it's important to stay with a company for many years?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you had to own up to a mistake?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed. They offered a pay more than what was posted in the job posting so I accepted.

Frontline Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Myrtle Beach, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

Very simple and laid-back. My interviewer was mainly looking for the ability to hold an intelligent conversation and listening skills. I was asked to give some days where I could work, and I was told this was a commission based job (which I already knew).

My interviewer asked me about myself more so than anything work related. I am certain he was judging my communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Do you get nervous talking to other people?   1 Answer

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I made it a point to get there early to sit in the lobby to anonymously observe the guests interaction with front line employees for at least 10-15minutes. I was lucky to also witness the staff when no guests where present and was very impressed. I finally approached the desk and introduced myself. Everyone was professional and warm and introduced themselves and I was introduced to the interviewing manager. The interview was to the point but relaxed and was made felling welcome and already part of the team/family.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring different to the table that other supervisors before you haven't already?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2016.

Interview

theyll take anyone who says they can sell. Wether you have proof or not that you have had any sales experience. people with no sales experience can take away from you getting a quality tour.

Interview Questions

Bluegreen Vacations Response

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bluegreen Vacations (Orlando, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty basic interview with the standard questions. Very laid back and relaxed. No pressure. Included a property tour. While waiting for the interview I observed the staff. The staff seemed friendly when addressing me and other guests. Overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

Bluegreen Vacations Response

Nov 8, 2016 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your honest feedback!