Boehringer Ingelheim Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boehringer Ingelheim Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2017

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Duluth, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

2-3 weeks after my initial online application I got an email to set up a screening interview with HR. After that, I completed a personality assessment online which was actually pretty demanding. A few days later, I was invited to interview in-person in Duluth, GA. I had to present to 6 interviewers and then had two three-person panels that interviewed me. Their questions were pretty standard but the interviewers grilled you hard. I think they were trying to see if I would crack or not. Regardless, the office was relatively young and had nice community areas. Still waiting to hear back from them, disregard my offer status.

Interview Questions

• what would your previous employer say you need to change   Answer Question
    • what are your 2 biggest weaknesses. They make you think of new one's if you say something like "overloading my plate"   Answer Question
    • sell me this (phone/watch/etc)   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Ridgefield, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

First screened via phone interview. Then invited for on site interview. This process took about 3 weeks total. Onsite interview was extensive. For my position of scientist 1, I was interviewed for a total of 3 hours divided into 30 minute sections.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

There was a two-part interview process: a written exam and an interview. I was afforded one or two hours (I don't remember the exact amount of time) to work on the exam, which was a mix of behavioral and technical questions. The technical questions were wide-ranging, from business-oriented questions to questions asking for executable code. The interview was entirely technical, in which the interviewer and I worked through a case study that required knowledge of statistical distributions and time-series.

Associate Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Edison, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Get recruitment information from a alumni, and then applied through online.
    Get video-interview by two senior stuff. Very detailed technical questions.
    I messed up because I know little about these details. So the interview finished immediately, around 10 minutes. Got rejection letter two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What procedures you have used during SAS programming   1 Answer

Specialist, QC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Fremont, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was approached by a staffing agency about a position with BI. They submitted my resume and two weeks later BI requested to meet for an interview. The interview lasted about 90 minutes and met with many different employees in 30 minute blocks. They all asked me how well I worked with others and it was apparent there was drama within the different groups of the Quality Control department. Seemed like there was a huge problem with individuals not being team players, which did not appeal to me at all. One of the interviewers began to speak ill of her coworkers and I decided right then that their culture wasn't the kind I wanted to be a part of.

Interview Questions

• How do you do deal with difficult people in the work place?   Answer Question

MSL Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim.

Interview

(On site) Laid back not really stressful. Everyone was nice. 4 panel interview with a 30min. presentation. Duration about 2 hours

Flew a few candidates to the HQ in CT for the interview. They had a driver pick you up at the airport and drop you off after the interview. They had their travel agency book your flight & hotel. You covered your food but they reimbursed you. Down side you went straight to the airport after the interview and no time to change.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume/CV   Answer Question
    • Why BI? and What do you know about BI?
      Why do you want to leave your current position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a MSL? Describe the MSL position?
      Tell me about a time where a team member failed to carry their wait. How did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Whats your biggest accomplishment in healthcare?
      Tell me about a time you didn't do a good job and were told. How did you respond?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a lot of work assigned to you?
      Tell me about a time where you disagreed with a colleague. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ridgefield, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Ridgefield, CT) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was a two part process. First was a phone interview with the hiring manager. There is a HR person who codinates all meeting times for you. Then the follow up interview is about a 6 hr, in person interview, with many differnt people in the department. Lunch was provided by the department and lunch was an informal panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you shower customer service. Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker. Tell me about a time you took initiative. Etc.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Brookings, SD) in April 2016.

Interview

My first call was to discuss information about myself and my future plans after I graduate. After I finished with that interview, I had another phone interview where I mostly asked questions to get a better understanding of company as well as my position. He was very thoughtful in his answers and let me know what I was walking into right away and not sugar coating the job position. I then had a one on one interview with the same person. We discussed why I was the best fit for the position and where my strengths would be able to shine. Great way to conduct interviews!

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and how would you use them in this position?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ridgefield, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Ridgefield, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

I went through an Agency as most AA are contractors. The process took less than a week. I was asked to come in an meet with the Director of the Department and a Sr. AA. They met with me separately, an the Sr. AA asked me most of the questions regarding my experience, which I had a lot. They were both impressed and were both asking me about my start date availability before I was walking out the door. I knew I had the position.

Interview Questions

• What computer software are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Fremont, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied at the company website. Since I got the first call from the recruiter to the offer letter, the whole process took a month. I got a called from the recruiter, very professional. Then I got phone interview with two other managers. The had me wait for 3 weeks. Then the recruiter called back to announce my offer. All of the questions are about my previous experience. There are also some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with another department to have your things resolve first?   Answer Question

I got another offer at my favorite company.