Boehringer Ingelheim Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boehringer Ingelheim Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

Quality Control Interview

Interview

I was approached by a professional recruiter ; however things went downhill once the Fremont site employees spoke with me. There is so much talking about one employee by another ; it was uncomfortable and I wasn't sure if it was some sort of strange test. Nothing technical was asked and a few digs were made of my resume which contained contracting roles ( because nobody is hiring FTE) without starting of temp. At any event there was so much political tension and talking about one another I made up my mind that working there would be strange .

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a department was difficult to
      Work with ? How will you approach them?

MSL Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim.

Interview

(On site) Laid back not really stressful. Everyone was nice. 4 panel interview with a 30min. presentation. Duration about 2 hours

Flew a few candidates to the HQ in CT for the interview. They had a driver pick you up at the airport and drop you off after the interview. They had their travel agency book your flight & hotel. You covered your food but they reimbursed you. Down side you went straight to the airport after the interview and no time to change.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume/CV   Answer Question
    • Why BI? and What do you know about BI?
      Why do you want to leave your current position?
      Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a MSL? Describe the MSL position?
      Tell me about a time where a team member failed to carry their wait. How did you respond?
      Answer Question
    • Whats your biggest accomplishment in healthcare?
      Tell me about a time you didn't do a good job and were told. How did you respond?
      Answer Question
    • How do you handle a lot of work assigned to you?
      Tell me about a time where you disagreed with a colleague. How did you handle that?

Specialist, QC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Fremont, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was approached by a staffing agency about a position with BI. They submitted my resume and two weeks later BI requested to meet for an interview. The interview lasted about 90 minutes and met with many different employees in 30 minute blocks. They all asked me how well I worked with others and it was apparent there was drama within the different groups of the Quality Control department. Seemed like there was a huge problem with individuals not being team players, which did not appeal to me at all. One of the interviewers began to speak ill of her coworkers and I decided right then that their culture wasn't the kind I wanted to be a part of.

Interview Questions

• How do you do deal with difficult people in the work place?   Answer Question

Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ridgefield, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Ridgefield, CT) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was a two part process. First was a phone interview with the hiring manager. There is a HR person who codinates all meeting times for you. Then the follow up interview is about a 6 hr, in person interview, with many differnt people in the department. Lunch was provided by the department and lunch was an informal panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you shower customer service. Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker. Tell me about a time you took initiative. Etc.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Brookings, SD) in April 2016.

Interview

My first call was to discuss information about myself and my future plans after I graduate. After I finished with that interview, I had another phone interview where I mostly asked questions to get a better understanding of company as well as my position. He was very thoughtful in his answers and let me know what I was walking into right away and not sugar coating the job position. I then had a one on one interview with the same person. We discussed why I was the best fit for the position and where my strengths would be able to shine. Great way to conduct interviews!

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and how would you use them in this position?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ridgefield, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Ridgefield, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

I went through an Agency as most AA are contractors. The process took less than a week. I was asked to come in an meet with the Director of the Department and a Sr. AA. They met with me separately, an the Sr. AA asked me most of the questions regarding my experience, which I had a lot. They were both impressed and were both asking me about my start date availability before I was walking out the door. I knew I had the position.

Interview Questions

• What computer software are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Fremont, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied at the company website. Since I got the first call from the recruiter to the offer letter, the whole process took a month. I got a called from the recruiter, very professional. Then I got phone interview with two other managers. The had me wait for 3 weeks. Then the recruiter called back to announce my offer. All of the questions are about my previous experience. There are also some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with another department to have your things resolve first?   Answer Question

I got another offer at my favorite company.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process took 2 weeks. I applied online. Two rounds of interview. HR and Technical. HR contacted for telephonic interview to understand my background and visa status. I was informed for the technical interview during my HR interview. Technical Interview was conducted by the Boss of hiring manager. It was basically walk through my resume and little details about my projects. Also discussed some experimental techniques I used in my work. It was a very positive experience. I asked questions about details of the work and the group which were answered in a very informative way.

Interview Questions

• HR interview was to get my background information. Technical interview was walk through my resume and some basic questions about my research and projects   Answer Question

Scientist IV Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim.

Interview

The interview process was initiated with a phone interview, followed by panel and 1-on-1 interviews. Some scenarios were given and asked how experiments would be designed. Troubleshooting was another group of questions. Basic principal understanding of theory and procedures for specific skills were required.

Scientist II, Bioprocess Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Saint Joseph, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on the company website. Got a call in a week or so. First round was behavioral interview and the second round was technical. After that point it was onsite interview. The onsite interview lasted 4 hours. Up to 6 people were at the interview. Research associates and senior scientists did a conference type interview. The questions were technical, general and also behavioral. It was a friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• What are the criteria for scale up of bioreactors?   2 Answers