Bon-Ton Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.4

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (York, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

She was a very nice lady. But she had those moments when she thought I knew the answer and I didn't and just sighed and said OK,. So it was an ok interview.

Interview Questions

• What does friendship mean to you? I think that was it.   Answer Question

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

There were 2 back-to-back one-on-one interviews with mostly behavioral based questions. One with a man, and one with a woman. The interviewers were from different levels of seniority in order to get a feel for different levels of management.

Web Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I received an email with the following: "We have reviewed your application and would like to set up a phone interview. Please respond with a few dates and times that you would be available to speak for 30-45 minutes in regards to Web Copywriter. Also, please include the best number to reach you at during this time." I responded, and heard nothing for several days. I had to send a follow-up email, asking if the recruiter had received my email. She apologized. When she did call for the interview, she did not use the number I had included, and instead called my cell #. I had to ask her to call back at the number I had included in my response to her. She was very friendly and accommodating, just not attentive to the details. We completed the interview, and she warned me that the department was probably going to want someone who already had copywriting experience in a corporate environment. My experience was as a Senior Copywriter for a tech start-up. That was the end of it. I never heard back from anyone at the Bon-Ton. The position has been re-posted since then. It was a disappointing experience, especially since I had researched the company and it seemed to be an excellent place to work, with a lot of really nice people.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience with copywriting in a corporate environment?   Answer Question

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

Super easy... 10 minute phone interview with a Person from HR. They ask about your skills, strengths, and weaknesses, as well as why you want to work at Bon-Ton. I got my interview through a recruiting agency though, so I also had to take some pre-tests (Word, Excel, Outlook). If you did good on those, then you moved on to the phone interview. I did not have an in-person interview.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Madison, WI).

Interview

Applied through school job board website (UW-Madison's BuckyNet), received an invitation to interview, signed up for a time slot. Very straightforward, easy process. Showed up to the Business School where the interviews took place. In a room with a lot of applicants.

Met with 2 individuals for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of handling conflict in a previous work/etc. situation   Answer Question

Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Madison, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

After being selected for an on campus interview, there was a preliminary round where I met with one buyer for 30 minutes and one planner for 30 minutes. They asked a lot of behavioral based questions that weren't too difficult but really got to know you as an individual. These questions also help them know what pace office you are best suited for. Then a couple days later I received a call letting me know that I was selected for a final phone interview. They phone interview was a little bit more difficult to answer as they weren't your typical interview questions. It took about 45 minutes. In every interview, the people were so nice and friendly. Apart from basic interview nerves, I never felt intimidated. From the time of my first interview to getting the offer, it took only a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• Describe your biggest regret in college.   1 Answer
    • Do you need to be praised for your work?   1 Answer

Merchandise Planner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview

The interview process consists of two interviews. One in person and the other on the phone. During the in person interview, I felt like their questions were too personal since it was the first interview. They let you know that there are very limited spots available, which can be very frusterating.

Cash Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Bloomington, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was very laid back and refreshing, it was definitely a change in the interviewing process. Not all interviews make you feel comfortable, this one did I felt like part of the family as soon as I walked in the door!! Kim is phenomenal and made the interview process less nerve wrecking!!

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your free time?   1 Answer

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

it was more like a conversation than an interview. the interviewer was very nice and pleasant and made the interview very comfortable. make sure to answer truthfully and make sure to have questions to ask after

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview

I applied online, and got a call shortly after. I came in for an interview and was basically offered the job right as I walked in the door. I filled out hiring papers that day and started work the next day.