Bon-Ton Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Bethlehem, PA).

Interview

Very easy. I was a junior in high school. HR and a department manager interviewed me at the same time, but they were laid back and not intimidating. They did not seem to want to seriously demanding interview and just wanted to make sure I had decent character. Offered me the position by the end of the questioning period.

Interview Questions

• What would you favorite teacher say you need to improve on?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the responsibilities of this position?   Answer Question

Sales Associaate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Lancaster, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Simple, normal one-on-one interview with the HR. Questions were very simple. Questions that are usually always asked for retail positions. Experience, difficult situations you've had in the past, are you able to work well in a group setting, etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to Bon-Ton?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview

The bon ton interview was fine in person but the original application can be hard to pass. I ended up getting a job but by far the hardest part was the clinique talent plus interview that has to be passed to work for clinique.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was emailed with a request for a phone interview. I was asked basic questions regarding my management style, my goals, my leadership abilities. The interviewer was impressed and actually said "Oh Wow, that's impressive" at one point. One week later I was called by the regional manager and told they decided to go in another direction.

I was told by an insider, it's not what you know, but who you know in the Chicago region.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in May 2017.

Interview

It was over the computer. It gave you time to think about the question before answering it. For some of the questions you were able to record an answer more than one time.

Interview Questions

• If you can go back and change something what would it be?   Answer Question

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Received an email on LinkedIn from a lady at Educated Solutions Corp. She was very pleasant and easy to talk to. She introduced herself and answered all of my questions about the position she was recruiting for.

Interview Questions

• Basically went over resume and went over job description. No in person interview was needed. Asked about my availability and received a call the same day that i was hired.   Answer Question

Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Interview

1. talked to a recruiter at schools career fair
    2. invited to interview after applying in schools career portal
    3. pre interview mixer
    4. interview: two 30 min back to back with a buyer, and someone from senior management
    5. invites to corporate day
    6. job offer

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a bad coworker, or team member. How did you resolve?   Answer Question

Sales Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Casual interview process, conversational. No formal behavioral questions. I was early and still had to wait until after my interview time to meet with the manager. I was asked a couple questions about my previous role within retail and what I would bring with me.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to fix this store?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (York, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

She was a very nice lady. But she had those moments when she thought I knew the answer and I didn't and just sighed and said OK,. So it was an ok interview.

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

There were 2 back-to-back one-on-one interviews with mostly behavioral based questions. One with a man, and one with a woman. The interviewers were from different levels of seniority in order to get a feel for different levels of management.