Bon-Ton Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Photo Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

I had multiple interviews with HR and then the actual managers I would be working under. HR is whatever, they have their standardized questions they ask you. As for the managers, it was much more easy going, almost conversational.

Interview Questions

• They ask you what software you have experience because they are looking to see how well versed you are on a mac with capture one and photoshop.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screen with HR, then spoke to the Digital Director regarding a Digital Planner Position. Polite, pleasant, straightforward interview. Company was looking to enhance their online website.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with Search Engine Optimization logic before and tell me about your experience?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in June 2010.

Interview

Have you interview with store manager,Regional Manager and Regional Human Resource Manager Some are phone interviews and some are in person. Since you will be in charge of both sales and hr be prepared to discuss both

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions just alot of sales questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation you accept or you dont

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

it was more like a conversation than an interview. the interviewer was very nice and pleasant and made the interview very comfortable. make sure to answer truthfully and make sure to have questions to ask after

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

There were 2 back-to-back one-on-one interviews with mostly behavioral based questions. One with a man, and one with a woman. The interviewers were from different levels of seniority in order to get a feel for different levels of management.

Associate Buyer Interview

Interview

Applied through my university career services. Interviewed on campus with back to back interviews. 30 minutes each. The first interview was with the HR recruiter, the next was with a buyer. Both were behavioral based interview questions. "Tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult team experience and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Assistant Technical Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores in June 2015.

Interview

Had a phone conversation with HR. The person from HR was very unprofessional, the first interview time they cancelled 5 minutes before the interview was supposed to take place through email. Made me reschedule the interview for another day just to tell me that they are looking for a candidate with more experience. They did not apologize for canceling the previous interview or show any kindness for wasting my time with another one when I am not what they were looking for. The most negative experience I have had from a HR team, I had to leave work early those two times and miss out on pay.

It seems like they already had someone in mind for the position and just interviewing candidates because of company policy. Spent just as much time asking them questions as they asked me. Interview lasted 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores.

Interview

I was already employed with the company as a sales associate so the interview was pretty laid back. I first interviewed with our store manager and then went on to interview with the regional visual manager. She just asked basic questions about why I think I'd be a good fit, experience and education.

Visual Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Seneca, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (West Seneca, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Very through interview with HR & Store Mgr.,up front, professional, personable,quick decision makers.Didn't get job but loved the process & the store.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer me that no other canidates can?   1 Answer

Web Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bon-Ton Stores (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I received an email with the following: "We have reviewed your application and would like to set up a phone interview. Please respond with a few dates and times that you would be available to speak for 30-45 minutes in regards to Web Copywriter. Also, please include the best number to reach you at during this time." I responded, and heard nothing for several days. I had to send a follow-up email, asking if the recruiter had received my email. She apologized. When she did call for the interview, she did not use the number I had included, and instead called my cell #. I had to ask her to call back at the number I had included in my response to her. She was very friendly and accommodating, just not attentive to the details. We completed the interview, and she warned me that the department was probably going to want someone who already had copywriting experience in a corporate environment. My experience was as a Senior Copywriter for a tech start-up. That was the end of it. I never heard back from anyone at the Bon-Ton. The position has been re-posted since then. It was a disappointing experience, especially since I had researched the company and it seemed to be an excellent place to work, with a lot of really nice people.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience with copywriting in a corporate environment?   Answer Question