Boston Market Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

1.8

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Market (West Chicago, IL).

Interview

My first interview was with my female boss who met me at Mcdonalds and proceeded to roll up her pancakes with her hand and shove them down her throat like she hadn't eaten in a week. I shoul've run like hell then...Silly me!!!

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Market (Plano, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I filled out an online application and got a call a few days later. Went over to the restaurant to interview, manager was nice and knew how to properly interview somebody + didn't dismiss me for having no prior job experience. Interview was pretty pleasant but couldn't take the job because I live too far.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Market (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a great 1st interview with Area Director on January 19th. He scheduled a paid OJE on January 23rd. Had another interview with another Area Director on January 26th. She seemed like she didn't care whatsoever nor did she seem like she really wanted to be there. Today is March 17th and I still have not been paid.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your greatest accomplishments?   1 Answer

Cashier/Server/Utilities Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Market (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Your basic interview questions. Nothing too out of the box. As long as your soft skills are in tact, then you should be al good. Great job for a high schooler who just needs some extra cash.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your toughest challenges, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Market (Brick, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

A day or two after submitting my online application the general manager texted me asking if I was still interested in the job and if I would like to interview for it. I came in at 10am the next day, waited for a few minutes in the dining room, and finally came face to face with the general manager. He said hello and sat down across from me. A few questions and general info collection later he congratulated me and told me what I would need to get for a uniform.

Catering Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Market.

Interview

Restaurant group interview consisting of various exercises. Met with restaurant management as well as regional manager to conduct brief presentation. The group is then split into smaller groups to conduct an exercise. I'm sure they are observing relevant skills in this stage.

Interview Questions

• Questionnaire based on group interview.   1 Answer

Server/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Market (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It was easy just show up dress professional and be hired. Even though its fast food you should still dress for the job as if you take it seriously. The manager did not go over the whole resume just picked out certain things that appealed to him. It was more like a conversation than in interview, and I felt comfortable in answering the questions

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Market (Addison, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called a few days later, scheduled an interview. Interview day came, and it went very well. I was told my resume was amazing given I have 20 plus years of food service experience, I then interviewed with another person. We all hit it off really well, and I was told I could start as soon as I met with another.. That day came, and right off the bat, I had a bad vibe about her. She was very condescending and kept reminding me that she had been in the business for 10 years, then when I mentioned my number years in the business, she chuckled sarcastically. She also on numerous times mentioned how she was a "straight shooter". Her questions were more about why I had changed jobs 3 times in two years then what I could offer and bring to the company.
    I was told by her at the end of the interview that I would be hearing back from them.
    2 and a half weeks later, I had heard NOTHING, but in the meantime, I was called by 3 other stores interested in interviewing me, 2 of those were in the same area. I informed the people who called that i had been interviewed and they would have to reach out to the store I interviewed at.
    Finally this past Saturday I reached out and was told me that they were fully staffed and that he was on vacation when the hiring happened.
    I find it rather amusing that they so desperately needed me, but the "straight shooter" person avoided telling me I had been passed over.
    Judging by the Yelp and Google ratings for this particular location, its no wonder they were so unprofessional.
    This was probably a blessing in disguise.

Design Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Market (Denver, CO).

Interview

Initially met with the employee currently in that position and her supervisor. She was staying with the company, just moving to another position. Discussed daily and long-term duties. Sounded like an interesting position with the added benefit of having the test kitchen onsite.

Advanced to the second round, but did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Was asked how I managed working on several different project simultaneously.   Answer Question

Server/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Market (Langhorne, PA).

Interview

Applied on snagajob and in about a month called to check on the status of an application which is when the manager offered me an interview. The interview was scheduled a couple days after the phone call. Went to the store and sat down with the General Manager.

Interview Questions

• Basically sat one on one with the manager and was asked when my availability is,why I wanted to work there. The interview was pretty short and laid back, got the job on the spot.   Answer Question