Boyd Gaming Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2017

2.2

REVENUE AUDITOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

Part of a hiring event that was held at the Orleans in Las Vegas. It was very comfortable and relaxed interview and I did not feel like I was just a number waiting to be called.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous experience with Boyd Gaming as a Lead   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming.

Interview

My first interview was with a panel of three managers, followed by a test of HTML and Flash skills. I was then called in for a second interview where I was presented a job offer. After signing off on the offer, I had to go to a drug testing facility where they did a hair test required for employment (pretty standard for any casino company)

Interview Questions

• If you could have any super power what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Aug 16, 2017 – HR Specialist

Congratulations on your new job!!

Director Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, having worked with Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Atlantis and more in the digital leadership space in the past. Spoke with HR, and then had a skype interview with the hiring manager. Did not get the job, however wanted to underscore that the HR/recruiting process was likely the most professional I have encountered in my career. That department is a company's face to new talent, and Boyd is in a very, very good position from that perspective.

Interview Questions

• Discussions about company culture, digital approach, etc.   Answer Question

Sep 8, 2017 – HR Specialist

Thank you for your comments on our professionalism. At Boyd Gaming we pride ourselves in our interaction with our customers. This includes potential team members. Although you were not successful in... More

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

I have received interview invitation, it took 1-2 weeks to get, interview was very easy,but unfortunately I didn't get any offer. But what I really appreciate to get letter informing you about decision, which they did

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions, i have answered all of them   1 Answer

Aug 16, 2017 – HR Specialist

Sorry, you were not selected for this position. Please continue to visit boydcareers.com regularly. We have new positions posting every day. Good luck in your job search.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview regimen consisted of two separate on-site interviews. The first was with several engineers in the same department and was highly technical in nature. The second interview was with more senior members of management and was primarily a "personality" interview.

The difficulty of the first interview was moderate, and the topics that were brought up were advanced, dealing primarily with advanced VMware functions, storage administration, and advanced Windows administration.

Everyone from the HR representative to the interviewers were very polite, respectful, and easily approachable. HR did a fairly good job of keeping me up to date on the status.

The only reason I rated the experience as "negative" is because, after two weeks and two interviews that went extremely well, I was turned down based solely on my asking price for salary. My price was completely in-line with the industry and my years of experience. The application asked for salary requirements, which I provided. Although Boyd Gaming has a reputation in this town for being "cheap" with respect to salary, I assumed I wasn't out of line in my asking price since I made it through both interviews. I don't like to waste others' valuable time, and it would have been nice if Boyd had extended the same courtesy.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a script that iterates through a list of servers and performs a function based on certain criteria?   Answer Question

Aug 16, 2017 – HR Specialist

We are sorry that we could not met your salary expectations. We take many factors into account when selecting a new team member. Please continue to look at our boydcareers.com other opportunities... More

Slot Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming in May 2017.

Interview

Got called in for an interview, and in a timely manner. Talked for 1+ hours and thoroughly enjoyed the conversation. I learned a lot about the company in the hour that was spent.

Interview Questions

Boyd Gaming Response

Aug 16, 2017 – HR Specialist

Thank you for considering Boyd Gaming. Please continue to apply for other positions. We wish you success.

Guest Room Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming.

Interview

First interview is in group of fifteen to twenty people there is a lady asking a bunch of questions and then you introduce your partner to the group after you have to be part of the dinámic to let them know more about your personality. It's more fun than bad for a first interview

Interview Questions

Boyd Gaming Response

Aug 16, 2017 – HR Specialist

Thank you for your participation in the group interview process. The process can be unique. Please continue to visit boydcareers.com for future career opportunities.

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview. This was my first time in a group interview and did not know what to expect. However, Boys HR made us all feel very comfortable comfortable!! They are a very professional and welcoming group there. I hope I have a chance for the second interview!!

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (East Peoria, IL).

Interview

Applied and got a call a few days later. For the interview was a panel of of the department. But every one was friendly and made me feel welcome. Would be helpful to explain where to check in tho,

Interview Questions

• Was very relax, questions where about past jobs, Strengths and weaknesses. Every one was very friendly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/a

Aug 16, 2017 – HR Specialist

Congratulations on your new position. We are so happy that the process was successful for your.

Cocktail Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Shreveport, LA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. The staff member conducting it was friendly and clearly knowledgeable about the casino as a whole. He made me feel comfortable the whole time like I was talking to a friend.

Interview Questions

Boyd Gaming Response

Aug 16, 2017 – HR Specialist

Congratulations on your new position. I am happy you had a good experience with the process.