Boyd Gaming Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 80 of over 80 interviews

2.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boyd Gaming

Boyd Gaming

Application

I interviewed at Boyd Gaming

Interview

The interview process are writing a job description, posting a job, scheduling interviews, conducting preliminary interviews, conducting in-person interviews, following up with candidates and making a hire. They also call you for interview

Interview Questions
  • What motivates you to do good job?
    1 Answer

Boyd Gaming

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming in Mar 2022

Interview

I applied for the job online. I received a telephone call from a member of the team to set up an interview within days of submitting my application. The interview took place the following week.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Dubuque, IA) in Feb 2022

Interview

Quick interview explaining the job and a quick math test to end it out easiest job interview I've ever experienced out of 60 applicants they choose 12 to attend dealer school

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Boyd Gaming

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming

Interview

quite simple if you know someone.. was interviewed on a weekday afternoon with people who were getting jobs in the rest of the casino.. looking for young lifeguards with flexible hours

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Boyd Gaming

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming

Interview

Straight forward interview with questions. Process took less than 2 weeks to complete 2 rounds of interviews. Overall very professional experience and the interviewers were engaging. They explained the role and schedule checked on availability and experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Boyd Gaming

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming

Interview

Easy typical Human Resources phone interview first. This was followed up by a one on one interview with manager. Questions were pretty straightforward and usual for this type of position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Boyd Gaming

Application

I interviewed at Boyd Gaming

Interview

The interview was for an internship but the interviewers made it way too formal. When asked why I wanted to join the company I gave a normal answer based on what I read online about the company but they kept asking for more details. Little things like that that were off putting for a position paying $12/hr.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Las Vegas, NV) in Feb 2020

Interview

It is an hour group interview with about 20 people. It wasn’t really what I was expecting, I don’t feel like there’s much opportunity to be able to talk. We got asked two questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Philadelphia, PA)

Interview

I was asked to interview for several IT managerial roles that could have been based in PA or LV depending on the role. I had an initial phone interview, followed by 2 face-to-face interviews in PA alone. The interviews were with the actual hiring manager and would-be peers and several internal clients. I beleive that they might have used my seniority against me with the excuse that I would be too expensive as they're justification for no offer for any of the openings. Also, I believe that the hiring manager could not muster the managerial courage needed to actually make a decision without engaging in analysis paralysis or cya consensus.

Interview Questions
  • How do you change culture of entitlement in teams that demonstrate job security attitudes when trying to engage?
  • How do instill a sense of urgency into a service group

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2019

Interview

Extensive and Fun panel interview that took about 30 mins to complete. Large group of applicants. This process was designed to determine if you were a good candidate for working in a casino environment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 80 Interviews

Boyd Gaming Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Boyd Gaming as 63.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.17 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Cocktail Server and Marketing rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Table Games Dealer and Casino Host roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Boyd Gaming takes an average of 22 days when considering 79 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Table Games Dealer had the quickest hiring process (on average 2 days), whereas Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 18 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Boyd Gaming according to 79 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 23.46%