Boyd Gaming Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Shreveport, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

The hiring was simple. I received a phone call immediately after applying. The hiring manager advised that she needed help immediately. Two days later I was interviewed. She asked questions, and allowed me to browse the store. Her entire demeanor and presence was so welcoming that I was excited! I was hired the following day.

Interview Questions

• "How long have you been working retail?"   1 Answer

Aug 16, 2017 – HR Specialist

Welcome to the Boyd Gaming team!

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It helps to know someone Ames dryer interview is a breeze because you do almost no talking

Negotiation

I got an extra two weeks to get what I needed for work.

Nov 20, 2017 – HR Specialist

Welcome to Boyd Gaming!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming.

Interview

Applied for Summer Internship position with the Internal Department. Got scheduled for a group screening with HR. Showed up with a dozen other people, did two pointless exercises and that's it. Absolute waste of time, didn't meet with anyone from the actual department I was applying to. HR made the decision that I wasn't what they were looking for when I barely got a chance to say anything substantive. An utter waste of time.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Dubuque, IA) in February 2013.

Interview

I received a call back to schedule a phone interview a few days after submitting my resume. It was not a very constructive interview and did not receive call back. Very generic interview questions and when given the chance to ask my own questions the interviewer was not very thrilled to answer them.

Interview Questions

Boyd Gaming Response

Sep 8, 2017 – HR Specialist

Thank you for your comments regarding your interview experience. At Boyd Gaming we strive to provide a positive experience for our guest and potential team members. Although you were not successful... More

Interview

The process was fairly simple. I interviewed with a manager and then one of the senior auditors came in and also participated. It was mostly about seeing if I was a good "fit". They called me with an offer within a week or two.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected, just be prepared to know about the industry and the company.   Answer Question

Aug 16, 2017 – HR Specialist

Thank you for choosing Boyd Gaming for your internship. I hope it provided you with valuable information.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

I initially applied online. I have a desirable skillset so I was not surprised to received a call from HR very quickly. The HR phone screen went well and I was given a day and time for the phone screen from the manager that I would be reporting to. I blocked out my schedule to be ready for the phone call and it never came. I followed up with the HR contact and they never returned my emails or calls. Boyd Gaming completely stood me up during the phone process and didn't even have the decency to apologize.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just questions on my work history and the salary I was looking for.   Answer Question

Nov 17, 2017 – HR Specialist

Boyd Gaming values every applicant that applies for a position with our organization. Our goal is to create a culture that is based on Boyd Style – Valuing Relationships, Integrity, Exceeding... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Showed up to first interview just to find out they'd decided to hire someone internally. They had another position open, but it was nowhere near my current salary. Considering I'd taken time off my current job to go to the interview (and the interviewer was told this), it would've been nice to have been contacted beforehand.

They contacted me about another position a short time later and interviewed me for that. I was given a timeline on when they'd be making a decision and told to fill out an official application for it, but even after following up and thanking them for their time I got no response or acknowledgement.

I don't think I'll be responding to anymore interview requests.

Interview Questions

Boyd Gaming Response

Mar 16, 2015 – Company Administrator

Thank you for your honest feedback!

We strive to be an employer of choice, but when we fall short of this we want to hear about it so we can improve the process. If you would like to email us at... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Opelousas, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Opelousas, LA) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. However, if you are applying for a position that requires a gaming license, don't hold your breath as it takes HR a very long time to hire you on and you have to jump through hoops at specified times and days.

Dec 13, 2017 – HR Specialist

Congratulations on your new position. Sometimes there are delays due to licensing requirements / processing. Boyd Gaming appreciates your patience.

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vinton, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Vinton, LA) in June 2011.

Interview

Posted resume online. Was contacted by phone for an interview appointment. Had a one-on-one interview which included standardized questions. Interviewer was uncertain whether there would be any testing or follow-up interviews. Everbody was very friendly and welcoming. The interviewer made a point of stating the department consisted of many "practical jokers".

Interview Questions

• How many invoices did you process in your last accounts payable position?   3 Answers

Apr 18, 2018 – HR Specialist

Although you were not successful in obtaining a job offer this time. Please know that you can continue to apply for this position or other positions. There are many employment opportunities with the... More

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boyd Gaming (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview. This was my first time in a group interview and did not know what to expect. However, Boys HR made us all feel very comfortable comfortable!! They are a very professional and welcoming group there. I hope I have a chance for the second interview!!

Interview Questions

Boyd Gaming Response

Dec 13, 2017 – HR Specialist

Please continue to apply for various positions at Boyd Gaming. New positions are posted frequently.