Brainfuse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Brainfuse

2.2

Sort:

Writing Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brainfuse in September 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview. I gave them some sample writing and filled out more applications. The interview over the phone went smoothly and it was not uncomfortable. It took a couple of days to get everything situated but it all went very fast.

Interview Questions

• Have you tutored students before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brainfuse (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Everything was done over email. Most emails were dense with a lot of info, but not great organization or clear action items. Asked for proof of educational background and that was it. Afterwards, I was sent a long email with 10 attachments and expected to figure out what to do and how to work from there.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brainfuse (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. You have to pass a series of small tests. The directions were clear and the tests were not difficult. Mainly, they just want to see if you are capable of tutoring in the field that you are applying for. There were scenarios that you had to describe appropriate actions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brainfuse (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Easy to apply. Required a lot of paperwork and documents for a $10 an hour outside contractor position though. Once you are accepted you have to take exams in the fields you wish to tutor in. An easy process but it takes a while to complete.

Interview Questions

• They just asked if I had copies of my college transcripts along with copies of my diplomas.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brainfuse.

Interview

I was just sent a bunch of documents to go through and sign. Then, I was given a few tests to check if I qualify for the subject. I was started tutoring before I even finished the tests. I believe I was given the test after I started tutoring.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brainfuse.

Interview

You get an email from someone telling you whether or not you were hired. There is no interview. You are then given a manual on how to use the service (a pdf file of about 15 pages with little information on how to actually perform your job).

Interview Questions

• There are no interview questions. They only ask that you have a bachelor's degree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brainfuse (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview was rushed, due to an urgent need for tutors. I quickly passed the test and the screening process, while being rushed along by administration. After being accepted, I had no direct contact with a regular mentor, to help reinforce guidelines in the training process. I found myself harassed by monitors, when small issues came up with student dissatisfaction. I gave my best as a tutor and received nothing, in terms of positive encouragement.

Interview Questions

• Direct subject matter questions were given, I aced the exam.   Answer Question

Academic Tutor Interview

Interview

This company filters employees mostly by education and their qualifying tests. If you want to tutor a subject, a degree and passing their exam for the subject may be sufficient. Their exams are timed, but the time limit is generous.

Almost 10% of the Calc I questions made no sense, but the harder problems were correct, leaving a bizarre impression.

Interview Questions

• There was one question that asked where g(x)=\int_0^x f(t)dt is decreasing. The function f was more involved but just imagine it was f(t)=-sin(t) and the choices included [0,\pi/8] and [\pi/8,\pi] and you say "huh?" and choose the second one because it's bigger. Wrong, it says. Fair enough I guess, if you're not trying to work for *oogle, but only to stay out of ***-Mart.   Answer Question

Academic Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brainfuse.

Interview

There is an application process, and an invitation to take quizzes to demonstrate proficiency. The "writing quiz" appeared to have so many errors that choosing one correct answer was not easy! There were errors present, without options to provide corrections as the only editing options were to choose from those provided. The quizzes are annoying and time consuming. Plus, the reviews make me nervous:(

**outcome of application etc. are unknown

French Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brainfuse in September 2016.

Interview

I applied a few days ago for French tutoring.
    They asked me to send my resume then asked me my proficiency in computer science. I told them i have an intermediate level with most softwares but i have a good level in Word and Powerpoint.
    They sent me an application and asked me to highlight the subjects i wanted to teach.
    I have highlighted French and Powerpoint. The other subjects were Excel and some softwares i don't even know.
    In my surprise i received an e-mail saying i couldn't be a tutor with just these two subjects.
    I was really pissed because they never told me there is a specific number of subjects to choose and it's not professional to ask people to teach subjects they don't master.
    If i choose some subjects i don't know, it won't be fair to the students.