Found 113 of over 199 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Brainfuse? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Brainfuse employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "You are expected to give high quality work with limited time and low pay." (in 38 reviews)
- "Students can be rude and management does nothing to help." (in 10 reviews)
- "No training for live tutoring." (in 8 reviews)
- "Do it if you absolutely need the money but try to find something better asap." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Brainfuse and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 2.0Feb 20, 2023TutorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Flexibility by working from home. Selecting to work the hours you can. Can work from anywhere.
They do not care about their employees. They have tutors with many different students at once but you are unable to say you are working with more than one at the same time. You are expected to jump from one subject to the next in second while explaining thoroughly to each student. You have to put up with rude students because they will ignore your complaints. You are expected to work as fast as a robot but maintain a good attitude at all times. New features mean that you will be handed session you did not sign up for but are obligated to fulfill regardless of your preparation but are also required to demonstrate full dominance of that specific subject you need to teach.1
- 3.0Jun 25, 2023French TutorFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsPhiladelphia, PA
You set your own hours You work independently User-friendly computer software for instruction
No opportunities for advancement Pay could be better
- 4.0Feb 7, 2023TutorFormer Employee
Easy side income Web-based whiteboard interface tutoring from the comfort of your home Chat feature
Very difficult getting a schedule Poor management Hard to reach anyone if theres an issue1
- 3.0Jan 10, 2023Writing Lab TutorCurrent EmployeeRochester, MN
choose your own hours, flexible work
no writing opportunities available during holidays but other than that, it is consistent1
- 2.0Jun 14, 2022Proofreader/WriterCurrent Employee
Flexible, can work when you want. You can work from home.
Sometimes very challenging to get hours. Students can be rude and management does nothing to help. Can have three or four students at the same time, and you are not allowed to tell the students you have more than one, so they are impatient.1
- 1.0May 25, 2022History and Language Arts TutorFormer Employee, more than 1 year
The ability to work from home
Too many students at times, low pay when they require at least a Bachelor's, too much pressure to answer questions quickly, reprimanded for bad reviews with no ability to defend yourself, no guidance or management help, no colleagues1
- 3.0Apr 29, 2022Online Writing TutorFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Flexibility, freedom, make your own schedule
No training for live tutoring. Don't teach you how to use the whiteboard.2
- 5.0Feb 21, 2022TutorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearTucson, AZ
I get to work from home while helping students all the while making my own schedule and getting some good $
No major cons at this time1
Brainfuse Reviews FAQs
Brainfuse has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 199 reviews left anonymously by employees. 39% of employees would recommend working at Brainfuse to a friend and 37% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.
39% of Brainfuse employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Brainfuse 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.4 for culture and values and 2.5 for career opportunities.