Brigham Young University (BYU) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.1

Wait Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT).

Interview

Low key and they accept almost everyone because of a high turn over. You need to have a good work ethic and have manners and act properly. You show up in the office and they have a quick chat and ask when you can start.

Brand Lab Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Really basic interview process. First you interview with a few students from the Brand Lab team. They will ask you generic interview questions. They want students who are looking for resume "experience" as the first semester is unpaid. They want to know you will work hard and put effort in even without monetary rewards.

The second part is a few days later with the manager. He will ask you straight up if you are okay with "paying your dues" the first semester and not being paid. If you are chill with that then - you're hired!

AV Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

One interview about 30 minutes. Very informal, asked about previous experience and how I would fit with the team. I was called later that day and I got the job. I had no experience but it helps to know somebody there.

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT).

Interview

Met the boss. He talked about any prior experience I had. I did custodial. He was more interested in the fit and interest than if I was qualified. I did custodial prior to this so hopefully that is telling.

Interview Questions

• How to ping a printer? How to repair a hard drive problem? How to re-image a mac?   1 Answer

TA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

It was an overall pretty easy interview. Just asked about my interest and some background information. They also asked about teaching style and handling a classroom of many people.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a certain bug a student would have.   Answer Question

Audio Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (New York, NY).

Interview

Process was incredibly easy and streamlined. The interview was more about getting to know the kind of person you were compared to knowledge that you have. The interview took place with the Audio bosses and then continued with the overall BYU AV boss. They were all incredibly nice.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laie, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Laie, HI).

Interview

Felt that they were going through the motions of the interview but already have chosen somebody to fill the position. And this was just to show that they were "looking"

Interview Questions

• Can you think of any jobs that both an English major and art major could do?   Answer Question

Peer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

Small panel of two supervisors and a student leader. They had come prepared with the same sheet of paper and each took turns asking different questions. The interviewers were pretty quiet and didn't engage much during the interview. I think that I had the interview on Wednesday and then they called me with an offer on Monday or Tuesday the next week. So overall the process was very fast.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could be any animal what I would be and why   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU).

Interview

Just a grad application requires.They contact you in a couple of months, with the initial offer. Fixed salary for 5 yrs (Phd). No bonuses. This is for inernational students. For within states, you have to appear in person for an interview

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) in June 2016.

Interview

Professor called and asked about my skills but more importantly my commitment to the students. It was really friendly and low-key. They are questions would would expect, with most of the interview being informative about the position.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you would have changed about the class when you took it.   1 Answer