Brigham Young University (BYU) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brigham Young University (BYU) Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.2

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU).

Interview

BYU is all about the work place culture and spend a good focus on applicants fit. So be ready for lots of behavioral questions. After you pass these, then technical/job qualification is how they determine between candidates who would fit the culture.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with something your boss was doing and how you approached the situation.   Answer Question

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

simple interview with Advisor and committee chair. There were common questions and a few role play opportunities. I didn't even dress up. I wore a short sleeve collared button up and shorts. It was a very relaxed environment

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student came to you and asked if they can skip ME 191 (a required class)?   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT).

Interview

Asked for experiences in dealing with difficult problems or situations. Asked to demonstrate how an issue would be resolved with little background information given for context. This was done in two parts with similar questions posed in each.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult people in past work experiences?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU).

Interview

Interview Questions

• There was no interview. You just need to submit your resume and your desire to attend the internship. After they review your application, they will inform you through email if you have been accepted or not accepted.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU).

Interview

Interview process was relaxed. I do not get tensed during interviews. The interviewer asked me some projects I had worked on based on my resume. They also asked me when I was going to graduate since I was applying for a student employee position.

Accounting Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

It was simple and straight forward; all I did was sending an email to the professor I really liked and then we had a phone interview and that's all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do accounting research?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

Interview

2 days of interviews meeting with faculty, students, department chairs, deans, administrators, and church leaders. I also gave a presentation to all faculty, taught a class, and had breakfast, lunch, and dinner with select faculty.

Wait Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT).

Interview

Low key and they accept almost everyone because of a high turn over. You need to have a good work ethic and have manners and act properly. You show up in the office and they have a quick chat and ask when you can start.

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a Skype interview with the director of the college advising center that I applied to and two current advisors. I passed that screen and was invited to campus for an in-person interview, where I got a tour of the office and the department I'd be advising. They took me to lunch at the Skyroom and then met the whole advising team for that college. The whole team interviewed me, each asking questions and inviting me to ask them questions. It was a very positive experience, even though it didn't end up in a job offer.

Brand Lab Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Really basic interview process. First you interview with a few students from the Brand Lab team. They will ask you generic interview questions. They want students who are looking for resume "experience" as the first semester is unpaid. They want to know you will work hard and put effort in even without monetary rewards.

The second part is a few days later with the manager. He will ask you straight up if you are okay with "paying your dues" the first semester and not being paid. If you are chill with that then - you're hired!