Brigham Young University (BYU) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2018

2.1

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in December 2013.

Interview

Was called in, sat down, asked a few basic questions about myself and my resume. I was told what the job would all intel and how I would be used. I was given a powerpoint to be trained by and then introduced to the team. An offer was made after two questions. Most candidates are chosen before they even come to the interview so make sure you have tailored your resume to show your skills to the manager.

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

simple interview with Advisor and committee chair. There were common questions and a few role play opportunities. I didn't even dress up. I wore a short sleeve collared button up and shorts. It was a very relaxed environment

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student came to you and asked if they can skip ME 191 (a required class)?   Answer Question

Peer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rexburg, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Rexburg, ID) in November 2014.

Interview

It was great. It wasnt difficult at all. I didnt get the job at first but then they called me back and said someone did not accept and offered me a spot. Before that they did refer me to another department for employment because they thought it would be a good fit.

Peer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

Small panel of two supervisors and a student leader. They had come prepared with the same sheet of paper and each took turns asking different questions. The interviewers were pretty quiet and didn't engage much during the interview. I think that I had the interview on Wednesday and then they called me with an offer on Monday or Tuesday the next week. So overall the process was very fast.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could be any animal what I would be and why   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rexburg, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Rexburg, ID) in April 2008.

Interview

Applied through the student employment office. There were 9 applicants for the position; student positions tend to be competitive. Had an hour long interview with the system admin, solved some problems. About what you would expect. It is a student job, but it is the kind no one ever quits from until they graduate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Student job, no negotiation.

Audio Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very easily set up and a very welcoming environment upon arrival. I was questioned about my past experiences in the audio industry and I was also asked about my future goals during employment. Last question was what my taste in music was. That was the most important question.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel operating Pro Tools systems.   1 Answer

Audio Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (New York, NY).

Interview

Process was incredibly easy and streamlined. The interview was more about getting to know the kind of person you were compared to knowledge that you have. The interview took place with the Audio bosses and then continued with the overall BYU AV boss. They were all incredibly nice.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in January 2010.

Interview

There was a phone interview about my general experiences and goals. Then they sent a take-home programming challenge written in javascript. They usually interview candidates who turn in a completed challenge regardless of correctness.
    The in-person interview was with three other engineers. They asked a couple general experiences questions and then had me write code on the board. The problem wasn't too hard and they gave a lot of hints and help along the way.

Interview Questions

• give an algorithm in O(n logn) or less that takes an array of integers and finds two numbers that add to a third given number   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rexburg, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Rexburg, ID) in September 2011.

Interview

I was asked how many photo classes I had taken and what grades I had received in those classes. Also how are some ways you could be help new students or Students having a difficult time learning. How long could I hold the job for as a student? Long term or short term? Basically they want someone who can stay for more than 3 semesters.

Interview Questions

• Can you teach others how to manage their Lightroom Catalog?   Answer Question

Catering Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

It was basically a can you work? There weren't a whole lot of requirements. It was an entry level job so they just wanted to know how often I could work and if I would be okay with being on my feet for extended periods of time.