Brigham Young University (BYU) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brigham Young University (BYU) Interview Questions

Interviews at Brigham Young University (BYU)

2.1

Admin Interview

Interview

Submit resume and required documents via BYU employment website, get invite for interview, meet with initial interview team and get asked questions, second interview with deans office, call offering job and benefits, accept job, goes to hr for approval, once approved can start

Interview Questions

• What would you improve about department?   1 Answer

Interview

Quick interview where I was asked about my experience an qualifications. Didn't take long and I was offered the job on the spot. Then I needed to get registered as a student employee through BYU.

Interview Questions

• What relevant experience do you have?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU).

Interview

The interview was relatively informal and brief. I was asked a bit about my relevant experience. I answered and showed some past work of mine to establish my experience. We discussed my expected salary, and I ended up receiving what I asked for.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to rate my skill with HTML, JavaScript, and CSS out of 5   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU).

Interview

I approached a professor that I had taken multiple courses and received A/A+ from. I asked them if I could be their TA for one of the courses I had already completed. They spoke with me about the expectations, pay, and responsibilities and asked if I still thought it was a good fit for me. After confirming my interest they sent the appropriate paperwork to HR, and I was hired on. The entire process took about one week.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with working only a few hours per week?   Answer Question
    • The pay is pretty low, is that alright? (it was minimum wage at the time)   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a TA?   1 Answer
    • How many courses will you be taking and will you be able to balance the schedule?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT).

Interview

I applied online at studentjobs.byu.edu and I heard back from the hiring manager/ supervisor within a week. We scheduled an interview on campus for only 30 minutes. They asked me behavioral questions, not technical questions. The interview process is fair and easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Interview

It was a thorough interview. It was also very efficient. I had an initial phone call interview with a supervisor. Then I had an in person panel interview. The entire process took longer than other organizations, I believe the entire process took a month.

Student Researcher Interview

Interview

fast and easy. the process was like any other interview, it went average. the professor wants to know you. the other issue is that you have to submit a form which outlines the project working on. you usually help out for a semester before the lab takes you in.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU).

Interview

Not technical at all. The hiring manager just asked me about my major and what I enjoy doing. He asked me what experience I had in web development and I told him.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in August 2019.

Interview

You really just have to be doing work on the game projects and showing passion.
    There wasn't a formal interview per se, I showed interest in producing the game after working on the game throughout the summer and they decided to hire me on.

Interview Questions

• Really just need to show that you're consistent and you're passionate about the project you're working on.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in August 2019.

Interview

It was easy. I was referred by a friend who has been working there for a while. I just turned in my resume and summited an application online and I got accepted.