Brigham Young University (BYU) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2018

2.1

Shelver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT).

Interview

They just called me up and asked if I could work both shifts they were looking for. I told them I could and they hired me. All done over the phone. It was very easy. The hardest part is finding the job when there is an opening because a lot of them are given to contacts of current employees.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU).

Interview

I applied on-line through BYU's student job website. I heard back within 2 weeks and had an interview scheduled for the following week. I interviewed with four full-time Software Developers, two of which would be on the same project as I was interviewing for. After the interview, I heard back about a week and a half later, which was the amount of time I had been informed that they would take to make their decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about sorting an array of integers from least to greatest with a maximum of O(n^2) comparisons performed?   1 Answer

Early Morning Custodian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in January 2018.

Interview

I called and got an interview with the manager. I showed up on time and I explained that I was interested in the Job. He asked me if I would show up to work. I told him yes. I was hired on the spot.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT).

Interview

To get the job, you need to be proactive! If you know a professor has an opening for a TA position, make sure you do stellar in the course before you approach him or her about a job. Most professors like active class participants and great students for teaching assistants.

Interview Questions

• Questions having to do with my availability during the semester   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU).

Interview

BYU is all about the work place culture and spend a good focus on applicants fit. So be ready for lots of behavioral questions. After you pass these, then technical/job qualification is how they determine between candidates who would fit the culture.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with something your boss was doing and how you approached the situation.   Answer Question

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

simple interview with Advisor and committee chair. There were common questions and a few role play opportunities. I didn't even dress up. I wore a short sleeve collared button up and shorts. It was a very relaxed environment

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student came to you and asked if they can skip ME 191 (a required class)?   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT).

Interview

Asked for experiences in dealing with difficult problems or situations. Asked to demonstrate how an issue would be resolved with little background information given for context. This was done in two parts with similar questions posed in each.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult people in past work experiences?   Answer Question

Transcriptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, my supervisor contacted me, and we set up an interview. I was asked to perform a typing test, and was hired on the spot. I went to work a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any transcription experience?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU).

Interview

Interview Questions

• There was no interview. You just need to submit your resume and your desire to attend the internship. After they review your application, they will inform you through email if you have been accepted or not accepted.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU).

Interview

Interview process was relaxed. I do not get tensed during interviews. The interviewer asked me some projects I had worked on based on my resume. They also asked me when I was going to graduate since I was applying for a student employee position.