Brio Tuscan Grille Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 21, 2016

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brio Tuscan Grille

Busser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille.

Interview

Brief, lighthearted, and simple. Manager met me and asked simple questions regarding hospitality experience, prior employment history, etc. Hired on the spot and the overall experience was a pleasant one due to the fact that the hiring manager, Cristina was very sweet and genuine.

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille.

Interview

ask all the basic questions. impossible not to get the job. just show up clean shaven and dressed nicely. they let me know right after the interview was over that I had the job. the only people that i have not seen get this job are the ones that fail the drug test and look like bums walking in the door.

Interview Questions

• what would you do in this type of circumstance.....................
      how would you handle this type of circumstance...........
      when can you work...............

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (Gilbert, AZ).

Interview

Applied online got a call a few days later. Came in for an interview with one manger got a second interview with the GM a few days after that and was hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Past work experience
      Availability
      Why do you want to work here
      Basic customer service questions
      Answer Question

Negotiation

High pay for hosting , poor management

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I went in randomly during the work week and they gave me an application to fill out. I was then told to come back in a few days. Second time I went there I talked to both of the managers on duty, and asked about myself and my experience, then was hired

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (Winter Park, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Brief, simple, low skilled job. Per most restuarants, you have to be persistent in trying to get the manager and know when to come in(Not during lunch or dinnner rush!). Interview mostly a demonstration attitude and understanding of customer service.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is important about being a host, most important objective?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and I received a call the next day which led to two interviews. The first interview went very well, I was asked to come back the next day at 12 to meet with the GM. When I arrived for my second interview I was set up with the hosting manager. He went into a long explanation of the different levels of hosting, and I was offered a hosting position because much of my serving experience was from years ago, and I had only recently started serving again six months prior. I declined the position (not enough money), and I pointed out that although my experience had a gap in it, I'm also a nursing student, and my nursing clinicals very much parallel the prioritization and customer service level they are looking for in an employee. He then asked me to describe a recent scenario with my patients. I did so,and he must have been impressed because he sent the GM over to talk with me. The GM explained his management style, and asked me if I felt I could make the jump from a mom and pop casual dining experience to the finer dining one at Brio. I said I was ready to accept the challenge, and he welcomed me to the team.

Interview Questions

• How to handle getting weeded with 4 tables at once
      What would I do if I saw a table that wasn't mine, and they had not been greeted yet
      How to handle a guest with food allergies
      Describe handling 4-5 patients at once and prioritizing their needs

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked me how I would handle different situations and a little bit about myself and then offered me the position. It was really quick and easy and they made me feel super comfortable (except for the general nervousness that comes with every interview). I met with two different managers on the same day, I learned later that they have a regular manager interview you, and if he/she thinks you're a good fit, he/she will have the general manager come talk to you.

Interview Questions

• If a guest doesn't like their table and it's a busy Friday night, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (The Woodlands, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Spoke with Mandy-GM and Jennifer-Former Service Manager separately.
    Mandy was very friendly and welcoming even though I was nervous originally. I've watched her conduct several interviews, she is that way with everyone. Jennifer was more straight forward but she no longer manages this location. Scott is the manager who took his place. He does look kind of intimidating. But he's great guy, and he smiles alot.
    After my interview I was called the same evening to attend orientation.

Application

Interview

its real easy they hire you on the spot, you don't need any experience, be nice and polite, knowing multiple languages is a plus, answer anything they tell you. make sure you like nice

Interview Questions

• they ask a series of psychological questions, like what would you do in certain situation.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille.

Interview

Submitted online application, called in for interview. Met with Executive Chef, Assistant Manager and General Manager. Asked a viariety of questions by all 3. Interview was short and to the point, I was hired on the spot. New Restaurant Opening for Sarasota FL @ university Town center Mall. The managers were all enthusiastic and seemed easy to get along with.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Multiple Scenarios- what would you do?   Answer Question