Brio Tuscan Grille Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brio Tuscan Grille

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (Boston, MA).

Interview

Easy Interview. They were pretty desperate, so the interview was a breeze. They just want to see if you could hold a conversation. I got hired the same day as my interview... if they don't hire you on the spot, then you probably didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (The Woodlands, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was actually very thorough and enjoyable. The managers all took the time to sit down with me and ask questions/have conversations with me. They asked very specific questions, went over all of my history thoroughly and were very personable.

Interview Questions

• How do you interpret good customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later to schedule me for an interview. After I came in, I had to fill out a paper application even though I already submitted online. I first interviewed with the Assistant General Manager, who was very rude and didn't seem to like me very much. Immediately after I interviewed with the General Manager, who was actually very nice compared to the Assistant Manager. I was offered the job but declined because the restaurant looked very dirty and unkempt.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you?   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (Cherry Hill, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Very turned off. Applied for a bartender position and I got called in for a server interview. Manager only sat down with me for three minutes. Didn't give me an opportunity to ask questions.

Busser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille.

Interview

Brief, lighthearted, and simple. Manager met me and asked simple questions regarding hospitality experience, prior employment history, etc. Hired on the spot and the overall experience was a pleasant one due to the fact that the hiring manager, Cristina was very sweet and genuine.

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille.

Interview

ask all the basic questions. impossible not to get the job. just show up clean shaven and dressed nicely. they let me know right after the interview was over that I had the job. the only people that i have not seen get this job are the ones that fail the drug test and look like bums walking in the door.

Interview Questions

• what would you do in this type of circumstance.....................
      how would you handle this type of circumstance...........
      when can you work...............   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (Gilbert, AZ).

Interview

Applied online got a call a few days later. Came in for an interview with one manger got a second interview with the GM a few days after that and was hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Past work experience
      Availability
      Why do you want to work here
      Basic customer service questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

High pay for hosting , poor management

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I went in randomly during the work week and they gave me an application to fill out. I was then told to come back in a few days. Second time I went there I talked to both of the managers on duty, and asked about myself and my experience, then was hired

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (Winter Park, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Brief, simple, low skilled job. Per most restuarants, you have to be persistent in trying to get the manager and know when to come in(Not during lunch or dinnner rush!). Interview mostly a demonstration attitude and understanding of customer service.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is important about being a host, most important objective?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and I received a call the next day which led to two interviews. The first interview went very well, I was asked to come back the next day at 12 to meet with the GM. When I arrived for my second interview I was set up with the hosting manager. He went into a long explanation of the different levels of hosting, and I was offered a hosting position because much of my serving experience was from years ago, and I had only recently started serving again six months prior. I declined the position (not enough money), and I pointed out that although my experience had a gap in it, I'm also a nursing student, and my nursing clinicals very much parallel the prioritization and customer service level they are looking for in an employee. He then asked me to describe a recent scenario with my patients. I did so,and he must have been impressed because he sent the GM over to talk with me. The GM explained his management style, and asked me if I felt I could make the jump from a mom and pop casual dining experience to the finer dining one at Brio. I said I was ready to accept the challenge, and he welcomed me to the team.

Interview Questions

• How to handle getting weeded with 4 tables at once
      What would I do if I saw a table that wasn't mine, and they had not been greeted yet
      How to handle a guest with food allergies
      Describe handling 4-5 patients at once and prioritizing their needs   Answer Question