Broad River Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Broad River Retail

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broad River Retail (Fort Mill, SC).

Interview

After numerous discussions, emails, and interviews with various dept's I was led on to believe that I would be offered a position in HR and that I would be contacted within a couple of days. A week later I didn't hear anything back and contacted the hiring manager who said "we decided to go with someone who has more retail experience." What? This didn't make any sense at all and I was extremely confused and disappointed. A couple of weeks later I see the exact same job posted again so I inquired about the status and this time there was no mention at all of someone else being hired. I was either lied to or that "person" just didn't seem to workout over a 2 week span of time. Now 2 months later and they posted the SAME position AGAIN, so obviously they can't fill the role and if the interview process is any indication of why then this explains it.

Interview Questions

• First interview was a meet and greet, 2nd interview was with HR and was a behavioral style of questions with general conversation as well.   Answer Question

Corporate Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broad River Retail (Fort Mill, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

It was awesome! The recruiters are so nice. Kristen and Caitlin have great energy and are so encouraging and make the process seamless! They are quick to get back to you with further details about the interview process or scheduling a one on one with a manager, and really make you feel like they are on your team the entire time! Great Human Resources department! Very welcoming and enthusiastic!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Broad River Retail (Greenville, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

I walked in off the street with my resume in hand. The assistant manager sat down with me, reviewed my resume and did a quick interview. He also went over the pay and selling process of the store. He then asked me to return in 2 days to meet with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on commission before?   1 Answer

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broad River Retail (Matthews, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

I underwent two separate interviews for a full time position. The first was with the General Manager of the store, and the second was with the Guest Services Supervisor. The General Manager asked me very basic questions about my comfort level with using a computer, and how I would handle a customer issue. The Guest Services Supervisor asked more detailed questions about the nature of the job, and gave a good idea of what to expect throughout the year.

Interview Questions

• Busy times in the store can mean processing several sales in a row, that often leads to a backup of other work. How do catch up and make sure that everything gets done?

Work in a retail environment requires basic knowledge of computers and processing payments using modern methods. What is your level of expertise with technology?

At certain times of the year, this job will require a somewhat demanding schedule from you. What is your comfort level with being asked to work nights, weekends, and holidays?

Much of our business depends on repeat customers. How can you help us invite and retain more business?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation about my starting pay rate. However, they did explain that as an hourly retail employee, there would be plenty of opportunity for overtime by filling in at other locations during the busiest times of the year.