Brookfield Properties Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.5

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookfield Properties (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy questions but requires serious answers. They are mosty geared towards finding your availability which is pretty much all they want to know. No degree is required nor previous experience. However, the latterb is definetely a plus.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on staying with the company?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookfield Properties (New York, NY).

Interview

straight forward 3 rounds. one with HR. two with managers. everyone was respectful and nice. Did a great job explaining job function, roles and responsibility. Lasted about 1-weeks, and was kept in the loop through out the process

Interview Questions

• Previous job function experience   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through University. Process took approximately 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were fairly standard. "What would you do to change a poorly functioning property?"   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brookfield Properties (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for a corporate accounting internship at the NY office. There were two interviews. The first was conducted at the company's corporate office and I met with three managers. General behavioral questions were asked and questions about my background (tell me about yourself, what do you hope to gain, etc.).
    Next, I was called a week or two later for a phone interview with a person from HR which lasted about 45 min. I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What do you hope to gain from this internship? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Intern, Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookfield Properties (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview - HR
    Personal Interview - Technical

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brookfield Properties (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, Interviewed with Property Manager, Assistant Property Manager and HR

Negotiation

Engineer Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookfield Properties (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Had an interview with the chief engineer and then the building manager. They just ask various questions on experience and what not. Was rather painless. Once that was over I got the job. Salary was union scale so no negotiating was necessary.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookfield Properties (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

A recruiter setup an interview for me. I interviewed at Downtown Toronto office in Jul 2017. I had one to one interview with their CFO. He explained the company and how it operated a lot. It took one week to process. The interview lasted for 20 minutes. He asked me about consolidated financial statement, reporting, month end and other technical questions. For the behavior questions just regular ones, like talk about your self.

Property Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookfield Properties (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with HR for 40 minutes and then another 35 minutes with the Property Accounting Manager. HR and the manager were very easy to talk to and asked very standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? How do you handle situations where you have to deal with difficult people? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Executive Sous Chef Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brookfield Properties.

Interview

Recruited via LinkedIn by a HR rep. Two rounds of phone interviews; first with HR then with the Executive Chef. They brought me in for 2 rounds of face to face interviews with HR again, the Executive Chef again. Then a Food tasting presentation had to be done to show culinary skills knowledge and that was pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• Basic generic interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made me and offer and I countered with what I felt was deserving and they agreed.