Brookfield Residential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brookfield Residential Interview Questions

Interviews at Brookfield Residential

2.7

Project Management Interview

Interview

The interview was pretty standard. They asked personality questions because they look for a certain type of person. Wanted to make sure I was type A and able to perform the necessary work. They were very honest throughout the interview and hiring process, nothing came up unexpectedly. The time from initial contact to job offer was fairly quick, maybe a little over a month.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected questions or questions I felt were too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookfield Residential (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through linkedin and received an email after couple of days. It was surprising that they did not ask for phone interview and scheduled an in person interview right away. company has a nice atmosphere and very nice people. But definitely not somewhere you can expect a growth after couple of years. scheduled for second interview with SVP. The same questions.

Interview Questions

• None. All questions were easy. They just need to like you and feel that you are going to be there for a long time.   Answer Question

Not really liked the overall opportunity.

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brookfield Residential.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. Phone interview was less than 30 minutes and an in-person interview was scheduled after that. I️ met with an HR Representative and the person I️ would be reporting to. Overall I️t was a pleasant and comfortable process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard interview questions about myself, my experience and my future goals.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brookfield Residential (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Two interviewers who were friendly and easy going. The process was pretty straightforward and low stress. Mostly behavioral questions with examples of situations. The office was very nice. I was offered the position.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookfield Residential (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were very young, which made it awkward. They didn't seem to have much experience with interviewing candidates. They expected a lot of in-depth experience for an entry-level position. They focused on work experience and not at all on education. It was expected that the behavioral questions be answered immediately. In other interviews, I've had time to prepare answers, but there was no preparation time allotted in this instance. The expectations were completely at odds with the position being offered.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you did something that your boss disagreed with.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookfield Residential (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was with the manager of the software development team. He and a senior developer interviewed me for the position and asked me only about my previous experience, my school work and my resume.

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookfield Residential (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

HR generous phone call screening, followed by lead estimator reviewing on skill and back ground study. Review on the understanding on blue print, tender process, tender addendum, tender analysis, tender award, contract management, payment, change order account closing

Interview Questions

• How many years of construction experience you have after your graduation.   Answer Question

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookfield Residential (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

I have had my interview in 3 stages. The first stage was phone-screen interview, 2 days later I was invited for my second interview with HR Manager and my direct report manager. A week later I was invited for third interview with Operational Director of the company. 3-4 days later I have received an offer from the company. Overall the process was easy and smooth.

Interview Questions

• When you faced with challenges or conflicts, how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Interview

It went smoothly, and on time. I applied and got 2 interviews. One with 2 people and the other with the VP. From there I got the position by a phone call and i accepted the offer.

Intermediate Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookfield Residential (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Was a very in-depth 3 part interview, very fluid and efficient. 2 panel interviews and a phone screening. There was no meeting of potential colleagues however, it was all HR and management in the interviews.
    The interview was a mix of skills matrix and testing and a behavioural, personality testing. They used the colors chart for personalities. Seemed to favor when I was being outgoing and sociable in the interview as opposed to calculated and business-like