Brookstone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookstone (Birmingham, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was quite lengthy. I met with the Store Sales Manager, was interviewed again by a District Manager twice. Was hired two weeks later. We discussed selling culture and energy, there was a ton of focus placed on energy level and willingness to sell difficult products (massage chairs). They focused very heavily on my small box speciality retail experience and didn't even want to hear about my other retail management experience. Being a qualified speciality retail manager clearly gave me an advantage, and if I had even more experience, I probably would have been an easier hire. They pay relatively well mainly because they go after experienced associates.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate an associate who has become disillusioned due to lack of hours?   1 Answer

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brookstone (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

First interview with manager very thorough. Second interview, follow up, very straight forward, basic experiece based questions.Initial phone interview was very intensive. Alot of my management experience was never brought up, so I had to add it in while in conversation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A couple of back and forth emails. Was happy with the result.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookstone in April 2014.

Interview

Management candidates must go through two interviews. Before the interview, a candidate must complete an online assessment. The interview process varies on which managers, or DM's interview you. The interview can last between 30 minutes and 1 hour.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookstone (Beavercreek, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

Questions were pretty basic but make sure you know how to read and disect a profit and loss statement and make you you can explain 'shrink'. Also make sure you and read a plan-o-gram.

Interview Questions

• Where on this statement can you directly effect to make more profit over what is there from last year?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookstone in May 2017.

Interview

1st phone interview with HR
    2nd phone with Assistant Buyer
    Set up at 3rd in person with Asst. Buyer 2 Senior Buyers and Director. 7hrs later after confirming HR just found out the department was "restructuring" and that it would take a week to month. They asked for me to keep the company in mind for my future career choices....

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookstone in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within an hour for an interview. When the Human Resources lady called she only asked a few questions and really wasn't friendly at all. She said she would let everyone know either way the next day. I never heard so a few days later I followed up and their response "we're gonna pass" how unprofessional!!

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookstone.

Interview

Took 2 weeks. Was called in to interview and had to do 2 different interviews one with the head manager and one with the assistant manager. There was also a short phone call with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you had to take charge and lead a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookstone (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Easy. Simple, just looking for honesty. Biggest thing is professional appearance, and having the right answers for the questions that are asked, based off of sales experience, and prior work history. They will do the homework to see if you are who you are.

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brookstone (The Woodlands, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

the Brookstone interview process for entry-level sales associates generally consists of a one-on-one question and answer session with a store manager. Before the interview, learn as much as possible about the company. Expect to answer, "What do you know about Brookstone?" The retail chain may also ask prospective employees random questions about merchandise as well as general inquiries into retail sales, product stocking, and customer service, such as: "How do you deal with upset or challenging customers?" Prepare comprehensive, thoughtful answers for every interview question. Engaging and personable individuals perform best during the hiring process, overall, especially for positions heavily involved in customer service.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookstone (Novi, MI) in March 2010.

Interview

After a phone screening, two separate interviews are conducted by the store manager and then a 2nd round is done by someone from district management. First interview took about a half hour and focused on sales experience and ability to sell product and meet goals. They did the usual sell me this pen question as well. The second interview was mainly about personality and again outlined the strict sales goals. Store Management at Brookstone is unique in that 80% of a managers time is spent selling product on the sales floor. If you have a knack for sales and don't mind pushing extended protection plans for $12 clocks you will fit right in. Otherwise I would shy away from this company, the incentive strcuture is garbage. IE selling five $2500 massage chairs nets around $200 commission.