Brookstone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brookstone Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.3

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookstone in May 2017.

Interview

1st phone interview with HR
    2nd phone with Assistant Buyer
    Set up at 3rd in person with Asst. Buyer 2 Senior Buyers and Director. 7hrs later after confirming HR just found out the department was "restructuring" and that it would take a week to month. They asked for me to keep the company in mind for my future career choices....

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookstone (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I went into the store to see if the location was hiring. Upon finding out that it was, I applied online, and after giving a couple of follow-up calls, I was called in for an interview. The manager was an excellent interviewer and asked in-depth and thoughtful questions about my retail and customer service experience. If you are considered for the position, you will have a secondary interview with another store manager from the region.

Interview Questions

• If you had a customer that had a complaint, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookstone in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within an hour for an interview. When the Human Resources lady called she only asked a few questions and really wasn't friendly at all. She said she would let everyone know either way the next day. I never heard so a few days later I followed up and their response "we're gonna pass" how unprofessional!!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brookstone.

Interview

Interview was very basic. Basic questions asked by many employers. The stores I worked at always had a need for people so if you answered the questions fairly, you were most likely hired. They even hired those without any experience so you may have to answer questions using your own judgment.

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was pretty chill and laid back, I asked if they where hiring and was told to apply online, I got contacted the next day and set up an interview for the following week.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookstone (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with Store Manager for about 15 minutes, and he asked me some general questions about my education and professional background. It was pretty informal and low stress. I had full availability, and I was lucky needed a day-shift person.

Afterward, he chatted with the Store Sales Manager and called me about 5 minutes thereafter to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• If you were a kind of fruit what would you be?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brookstone (Natick, MA).

Interview

Submitted an application, was called about a week later, was interviewed a couple of days later in the back room of the store, then was offered the job on the spot.

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookstone (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very basic, 2 people interviewed me, asked me questions about my work experience, why I wanted to work with the company, and where I wanted to go. My answers were sufficient and my character is rather outgoing so I got hired. I wasn't very impressed by the depth of the questions, but I guess that is what you get when you don't have a job with depth.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brookstone in June 2016.

Interview

Went in and applied on a Thursday and spoke briefly with the store manager. Got a call the next day and went in for an interview later on that day. Interviewed with store manager for about an hour. He offered me the job on the spot and I accepted. Offered at $13/hr. Process took literally 2 days.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookstone.

Interview

Took 2 weeks. Was called in to interview and had to do 2 different interviews one with the head manager and one with the assistant manager. There was also a short phone call with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you had to take charge and lead a group.   Answer Question