Brookstone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brookstone Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brookstone (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the District Manager and then a phone interview with the Regional Manager. I received a phone call the next day from the district manager to tell me the regional manager loved me and she made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to me ?   1 Answer

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookstone (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a very relaxed setting. I was asked a variety of questions based on different possible scenarios. Seemed pretty simple and straight forward. The manager was down to earth and took the time to listen to my answers while discussing ethics, management, and sales.

Interview Questions

• How competitive are you on a scale of 1-5?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookstone (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online from another website. I got an email from the hiring DM to go to a link for BrookStone to complete the rest of the Application. The link took me to people answers. The whole process took over an hour to complete. I believe they use this program to weed out people out.
    Shortly after, about two days later, I got a phone call from a store manager from a different location, asking for a face to face interview with her.
    A week later, her and I met face to face and the interview was very relaxed but highly professional. She told me at the end of the interview that I will hear from her to move forward with the next interview with the DM.
    Interview with the DM, face to face, happened a week later, again very relaxed but professional. The DM told me what would happen next, phone interview with the RVP. DM told me that I will hear from them in a few short days.
    A few days later, DM called me to confirm the time of the phone interview with RVP. RVP called, The conversation lasted about an hour. Very professional and more in depth questions about my retail and management background. RVP at the end of the phone interview, told me that next steps. Which would be, RVP and DM would talk about our Conversation and I would hear from the DM either that night or following day.
    Within a few short hours, the DM called me and offered me the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your leadership skills?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookstone (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 store managers at the same time. About a month later I was called for in interview with the DM. The 3 interviewers did not appear to have coordinated before hand about who would ask what questions. They came off as disorganized and ill prepared.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookstone (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied early in the morning, a few hours after I noticed a listing, got a call back from the hiring manager about 2 hours later scheduling an appointment for the next day.

The interview was super relaxed. I didn't dress up and I didn't feel penalized for it either. It was standard questions, asking about my availability, who I am as a person, and my previous educational experience.

Since I didn't have previous sales experience he told me to try and sell something to him, I chose my phone and talked up its features and such.

Recieved an offer the same day.

Dress code is also: solid black shoes, any(?) jeans, and a solid black shirt with no design on it, preferably with a collar.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookstone in May 2017.

Interview

1st phone interview with HR
    2nd phone with Assistant Buyer
    Set up at 3rd in person with Asst. Buyer 2 Senior Buyers and Director. 7hrs later after confirming HR just found out the department was "restructuring" and that it would take a week to month. They asked for me to keep the company in mind for my future career choices....

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookstone (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I went into the store to see if the location was hiring. Upon finding out that it was, I applied online, and after giving a couple of follow-up calls, I was called in for an interview. The manager was an excellent interviewer and asked in-depth and thoughtful questions about my retail and customer service experience. If you are considered for the position, you will have a secondary interview with another store manager from the region.

Interview Questions

• If you had a customer that had a complaint, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookstone in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within an hour for an interview. When the Human Resources lady called she only asked a few questions and really wasn't friendly at all. She said she would let everyone know either way the next day. I never heard so a few days later I followed up and their response "we're gonna pass" how unprofessional!!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brookstone.

Interview

Interview was very basic. Basic questions asked by many employers. The stores I worked at always had a need for people so if you answered the questions fairly, you were most likely hired. They even hired those without any experience so you may have to answer questions using your own judgment.

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was pretty chill and laid back, I asked if they where hiring and was told to apply online, I got contacted the next day and set up an interview for the following week.